Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Re: Relative speed
October 27, 2014 09:14PM
NoCoast
john vanlandingham
Reamer
I remember a FB post of Yeoman taking his car to VSC for the engine and set up for sno drift this year.

In rally terms Block 2 sec a mile isnt that far off from the leaders. Its apples and oranges i know but if Block were at the last Nascar race Martinsville he would be over 31 laps down! Thats pretty damn slow!

2.2 seconds a km is 3.56 second per mile

The real Dubya Arsey guys have gaps like 0,21 s/km

http://www.ewrc-results.com/results.php?e=13902&s=64843&t=RallyRACC-Catalunya-Costa-Daurada-2014

Or 0,08 s/km over 26.59km or 0.13 s/mile over 16.48 miles

Compare Block's 1.92 s/km and you see the difference between a real Dubya Arsey contender and a "Gentleman Driver" just buying a ride and nowhere considered even half seriously.

Don't know why but this whole year there has been no comments nearly on (suddenly) Russian driver Urlichich Leonid sometimes known as Crazy Leo in his adventures in Canajian Rally Champ-peenship...and down here sometimes doing RELATIVELY good 3rds OA and around there..

But when there are lots of people with cars as good as he has---

9-10 seconds/km ( 15.58 s/mi to 16.2 s/mile) slower than the real drivers, and 5.8 seconds/mile slower than the best in the same class.

Says something about the role of the CAR I think: with a killer uber-spensive high HP monster---good OA results...
Without the car being head and shoulders better than all but one or 2 others, nothing.. Zip..

That's all due to lack of recce experience.

Must be... I really didn't wanna think that most of the alleged "sharp end of the schtick" were really that pitifuly slow without their gazzillion dollar-mobiles and a whole crew and a 30k bill for the weekend..

Glad youse cleared up its lack-o-reccee. Spasiba, tavarich.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login