AaronJMcConnell
AaronJMcConnell
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Subaru Impreza

Open Light = invisible?
October 23, 2014 06:53AM
Rally America,
Open Light class drivers don't seem to show up on the results page and certain competitors are awarded false placings. The "regional only class" thing is absurd. Results are results, what's right is right, the truth is the truth and that's all there is to it. Congratulations to Justin Pritchard at LSPR! Those of us who live in reality are well aware of your result.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Jard
Jared Lantzy
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Free range navigator

Re: Open Light = invisible?
October 23, 2014 07:48AM
Since you are from CO, I just have to ask:

How high are you right now?
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

October 23, 2014 09:57AM
AaronJMcConnell
Rally America,
Open Light class drivers don't seem to show up on the results page and certain competitors are awarded false placings. The "regional only class" thing is absurd. Results are results, what's right is right, the truth is the truth and that's all there is to it. Congratulations to Justin Pritchard at LSPR! Those of us who live in reality are well aware of your result.

Aaron, been fighting that since 1986... results should be 1st to what-evar with a note showing N for National and R for Regional,

And this "different class for the CAR depending on if a guy decided to check a box and pay a differnt entry?"
How smart is that..
Same car but different.

Bwilliant.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
heymagic
Banned
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

October 23, 2014 10:48AM
I don't now what to do about car classes. OL can run in a national as Open . RA doesn't break down the 2wd classes either so it is pretty even treatment I guess. We either have a bunch of classes or pare it down...people seem pretty evenly divided on that one I'd guess.

Scoring ...always a chore to figure out on that website anyway. I see a couple sides of the national/regional and we've argued that before. One issue I can see with combining scores is 'we' normally score two regionals on the weekend. This is a benefit for the regional guys BUT what if a guy just runs one event? How would that score be displayed in a combined format?

As far as the national/regional principals if we are going to have a National series , that is somewhat promoted as such then that has to the focus. Rally racing (spinning smiley sticking its tongue out) is somewhat unique in that both races are held at once. Indy cars don't run with Indy Lites, Nationwide doesn't run with Sprint cars. My neighbor down the street doesn't get to run his 15sec Mustang against John Force. We have a pretty unique opportunity where the "local little guy" gets to run at the same time, breath the same air as the top class. That doesn't happen everywhere.

We have an imperfect system that does work about as well as it can. It takes a ton of effort and expense to put on an event. Without the National format we'll end up with California rallies...15 cars at a good weekend and then we're all done.

If you want to run a National, check the box, pay the bigger fee and bring your A game..if not the check regional, pay less and get to hang with your friends and have a great time. Can't have it both ways and without the National hype and money then many of the events are not going to happen..Olympus and Oregon Trail for a couple.
A1337STI
Alex Rademacher
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
93 GC with an 01 RS swap!

October 23, 2014 11:24AM
http://www.daronhume.com/rally/combine.php5?rally_id=LSPR&rally_id_override=&rally_year=2014&start_stage=&end_stage=&watch_cars=&ignore_cars=&class_alias=&class_filter=&stage_skip=

Wow 5th overall and 1st in class. thumbs up smiley smileys with beer

I need to 1) rebuild my car 2) shake the rust off 3) go race against Justin at some point. smiling smiley
AaronJMcConnell
AaronJMcConnell
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Subaru Impreza

October 23, 2014 07:01PM
"Aaron, been fighting that since 1986... results should be 1st to what-evar with a note showing N for National and R for Regional,"

Agree 100% John. That's how it SHOULD be.

In my opinion, a naturally aspirated, syncromesh, basic 1993 clubman level Impreza driven to 5th OA was THE most impressive drive of the event and his result needs to be recognized.
wvonkessler
Wilson von Kessler
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Colts are in Finland; now '87 325i, '89 325i

October 23, 2014 08:41PM
There is no reason for a national/regional dichotomy in the US. Unless, like the Canucks, you give a little less mileage for the regional competitors for a little less money. Then the "pros" can claim some differentiation, but we all know that is shit anyway.

2wd and AWD should be the only classes.

"Talk about drugs. Driving a car like that, going that fast, it’s like all the drugs at once." - Tommy Byrne

"Now, Pinky, if by any chance you are captured during this mission, remember you are Gunther Heindriksen from Appenzell. You moved to Grindelwald to drive the cog train to Murren. Can you repeat that?" - The Brain
czwalga
steve czwalga
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
95 awd celica

October 24, 2014 07:54AM
The east has a pretty big OL class. If pritchard shows up, everyone else is usually battling for second if he finishes.
Jard
Jared Lantzy
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Free range navigator

October 24, 2014 07:58AM
The guys that could run with him stepped up to different classes. I wouldn't be surprised if Piatkowski ended up back in OL though.

Kuklov was super fast at NEFR and Torren Carlson will be when he gets a bit more experience. Kramer is getting there on gravel too.
czwalga
steve czwalga
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
95 awd celica

October 24, 2014 08:03AM
Jard
The guys that could run with him stepped up to different classes. I wouldn't be surprised if Piatkowski ended up back in OL though.

Kuklov was super fast at NEFR and Torren Carlson will be when he gets a bit more experience. Kramer is getting there on gravel too.

Yeah, Piatkowski could he's had a lot of trouble it seems with the SP car.
hoche
Michel Hoche-Mong
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Golf, Golf, RX-3

October 27, 2014 07:04PM
heymagic
Without the National format we'll end up with California rallies...15 cars at a good weekend and then we're all done.

Oh, I didn't realize the problem with California rallies was that we didn't have a National format.

I'll get right on that.

Self-righteous douche canoe
heymagic
Banned
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

October 27, 2014 07:19PM
hoche
heymagic
Without the National format we'll end up with California rallies...15 cars at a good weekend and then we're all done.

Oh, I didn't realize the problem with California rallies was that we didn't have a National format.

I'll get right on that.

Atta boy! winking smiley I wished we could make the California rallies work up here, way less work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login