Welcome! Log In Register

Advanced

USRA to return??

Posted by vbares 
ReluctantGolf
Kevin Andrade
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
VW Mk2 Golf for my rookie year in SCCA RallyX...MK2 GLI with 1.8T for my first event..

Re: USRA to return??
October 31, 2014 08:56AM
DexterVW
Who's down for investing in about 1000 acres in maine we can cut our own stages into. I'm hoping (as it is in RI) that if you don't charge for entry to a race event you can't be held liable for anything that happens during it...

You know I am down with this......whats land cost up there? Who knows....maybe we could work in a partnership with some of the local RallyX programs or the SCCA to reduce the cost by sharing the usage..............zzzzzzz......I wish this werent as much of a daydream as people make it seem....I need to find a rich uncle somewhere........zzzzz....i just woke up! what did i say|?
Please Login or Register to post a reply
reecers
Reece
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1991 Ej20g'd Legacy

October 31, 2014 09:13AM
http://www.landwatch.com/Somerset-County-Maine-Land-for-sale/pid/280468171

360,000 get 10 people and that is 36,000 dollars each. Then start building roads and maintaining them. For 36,000 dollars i could do 18 rallies which for me would be rallying for say 7 years in a beat up honja. Also you will have to do more work on the property than you would every want to.

I am not an alien

Koolaid on specialstage just an FYI
captdownshift
Dave Zajano
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
a pile of electrical gremlins

October 31, 2014 09:31AM

Bacon wrapped Fiesta ST cars will save rally!

am I the only person that thinking rally doesn't need saving?

fwd for those who want to feel safe
rwd for those who want to have fun
awd for those who want to be poor
ReluctantGolf
Kevin Andrade
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
VW Mk2 Golf for my rookie year in SCCA RallyX...MK2 GLI with 1.8T for my first event..

October 31, 2014 10:01AM
reecers

360,000 get 10 people and that is 36,000 dollars each. Then start building roads and maintaining them. For 36,000 dollars i could do 18 rallies which for me would be rallying for say 7 years in a beat up honja. Also you will have to do more work on the property than you would every want to.

Interesting....not as crazy I thought.....also, I was thinking more like a core of 25 to 50 people could split something like this. I hear you on the maintenance of the property. I am sure its more than what I would think.....still, doesnt seem like it would be out of this world impossible.
imnotcrazy
Don Kennedy
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Impreza

October 31, 2014 10:02AM
ReluctantGolf
DexterVW
Who's down for investing in about 1000 acres in maine we can cut our own stages into. I'm hoping (as it is in RI) that if you don't charge for entry to a race event you can't be held liable for anything that happens during it...

You know I am down with this......whats land cost up there? Who knows....maybe we could work in a partnership with some of the local RallyX programs or the SCCA to reduce the cost by sharing the usage..............zzzzzzz......I wish this werent as much of a daydream as people make it seem....I need to find a rich uncle somewhere........zzzzz....i just woke up! what did i say|?
If anyone is actually crazy enough to seriously think about doing this, please don't do it in Maine. It's too far away. There's got to be land available in Vigrina/West Vergina or there abouts to do something more centrally located.

Don Kennedy
KTurner
Kevin Turner
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
2wd Impreza... dude you should do an sti swap

October 31, 2014 10:36AM
imnotcrazy
ReluctantGolf
DexterVW

If anyone is actually crazy enough to seriously think about doing this, please don't do it in Maine. It's too far away. There's got to be land available in Vigrina/West Vergina or there abouts to do something more centrally located.

agree, we don't want Reilly or Potts getting any faster tongue sticking out smiley

edit: it's close enough to NEFR that you could rent it out for testing and pay ur taxes.

-KTurner
Stomp down on the exhilarator and hold on to the wheel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2014 10:38AM by KTurner.
reecers
Reece
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1991 Ej20g'd Legacy

October 31, 2014 10:51AM
ReluctantGolf
reecers

Interesting....not as crazy I thought.....also, I was thinking more like a core of 25 to 50 people could split something like this. I hear you on the maintenance of the property. I am sure its more than what I would think.....still, doesnt seem like it would be out of this world impossible.

25 to 50 people? Are there even a total of 50 rally cars in one place? Let alone people that would want to split a property with others that they don't even know? Or want to shell out a fair bit of money. Still sounds impossible man.

I am not an alien

heymagic
Banned
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

October 31, 2014 10:56AM
reecers

25 to 50 people? Are there even a total of 50 rally cars in one place? Let alone people that would want to split a property with others that they don't even know? Or want to shell out a fair bit of money. Still sounds impossible man.

Now we're talking. What about when someone wants out? Or can't make their payments, has another baby on the way etc, etc. Might as well be talking about stuffing a V-10 in a Fiesta...
captdownshift
Dave Zajano
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:

October 31, 2014 11:08AM
true, would be better off purchasing 150-200 acres, acquiring a sponsor, making a rallycross course in the outline of the sponsor's logo, filming rallycross from drone. The sponsors will be so happy with the viral results of the footage that future events are sure to be free of charge and include tow funds. The only down side I foresee is that the GRC logo makes for, by far, the most entertaining course to drive, so I suspect other entities and sponsors to come out with logos that mirror theirs...

mothra
Matt Smith
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
xr4ti

October 31, 2014 11:26AM
reecers

I would look at the structure used for setting up hunting clubs around the US as a model for what is being described here. In my neck of the woods many clubs lease land from timber companies. A similar model might work for a rally club.

Buying land and putting in roads and maintaining roads along with any other needed/desired infrastructure is going to cost more than I think most of you think.

Matt Smith

Racing in glorious black and red

My daily life is a Saab story (sold!)
heymagic
Banned
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

October 31, 2014 11:46AM
Plus you're going to spend all of this money for land AND still try to have some sort of rally car?
Quit the lattes , the tattoos, smoking, maryjuana (for you Seattle and Denver dudes), drinking, barn yard animals, eating out etc. Maybe get some lessons from Grant on just getting by to fund your passion (whatever that may be).
captdownshift
Dave Zajano
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:

October 31, 2014 11:50AM
you know how much of the marijuana stuff and how many barn animals could be raised on 1000 acres...it could save rally

reecers
Reece
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1991 Ej20g'd Legacy

October 31, 2014 12:55PM
also how much is it to rent the course at one of the rally schools. By the way the reason hunting clubs can rent places is because they don't destroy the roads.

I am not an alien

A1337STI
Alex Rademacher
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
93 GC with an 01 RS swap!

November 03, 2014 04:41PM
so we need to buy 1,000 acres in CO ? after proceeds from the special plants everyone will get paid to show up and rally..
Doivi Clarkinen
Banned
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
1980 Opel Ascona B

November 03, 2014 05:12PM
heymagic
maryjuana (for you Seattle and Denver dudes),

Gene, I'm pretty certain pot is legal in Grays Harbor County as well. Don't kid yourself, your neighbors are smoking it, too. Hell, they're probably growing it in their backyard. smoking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login