Jeremy Livingston
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1990 acura integra, 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Re: civic vs neon
April 11, 2015 02:37PM
i would go get that car from here if i knew i could get it for sure^^

All bridges burnt, island life is beauty

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2015 04:32PM by Snidewhips.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
wvonkessler
Wilson von Kessler
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Colts are in Finland; now '87 325i, '89 325i

April 11, 2015 06:20PM
Moen's car is sweet.

"Talk about drugs. Driving a car like that, going that fast, it’s like all the drugs at once." - Tommy Byrne

"Now, Pinky, if by any chance you are captured during this mission, remember you are Gunther Heindriksen from Appenzell. You moved to Grindelwald to drive the cog train to Murren. Can you repeat that?" - The Brain
bloodmistdemon
Bob from state farm
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
your mom

April 11, 2015 07:36PM
I did the rain gutter on there building lol grinning smiley
it's my business

Kyle boyer
Carlisle, PA, USA

You can't
build a reputation
for what your
going to do
bloodmistdemon
Bob from state farm
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
your mom

April 11, 2015 08:27PM
I probably don't have the money they are asking for haha

Kyle boyer
Carlisle, PA, USA

You can't
build a reputation
for what your
going to do
SeanP
Sean Lane
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
2000 Dodge Neon G2, bruised

April 11, 2015 08:47PM
I have a neon. I didn't really shop neon vs. civic, I just posted up that I was looking for a 2WD car that was in my price range with a log book and this one showed up. Mine is one of those Dodge-sponsored ones and is well prepped. The positive thing about the Neon is that there are a metric crap-ton of them in your local pick-n-pull. After our crash in Idaho, I got 4 doors, two fenders and a windshield installed for $650.

IRS rear is nice. If you want bigger brakes, knuckles and axles your can go to a manual trans PT cruiser. my LSD is provided by miller electric. struts are worth more than the rest of the car with 46MM, remote res, triple adjustable and a good amount of travel.

NA engine recipes are well baked by the tuner/drag/SCCA/circle track guys. Head/Cam/compression/intake/exhaust good for 210-220HP, but with 13:1 compression and race gas only. (i have two of these engines that came with my car, but I run a mostly stock long block with intake and long tube header).

At the end of the day any 130-170HP FWD car that you know how to work on and can find parts readily is the right car.
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

April 11, 2015 11:53PM
SeanP
I have a neon. I didn't really shop neon vs. civic, I just posted up that I was looking for a 2WD car that was in my price range with a log book and this one showed up. Mine is one of those Dodge-sponsored ones and is well prepped. The positive thing about the Neon is that there are a metric crap-ton of them in your local pick-n-pull. After our crash in Idaho, I got 4 doors, two fenders and a windshield installed for $650.

IRS rear is nice. If you want bigger brakes, knuckles and axles your can go to a manual trans PT cruiser. my LSD is provided by miller electric. struts are worth more than the rest of the car with 46MM, remote res, triple adjustable and a good amount of travel.

NA engine recipes are well baked by the tuner/drag/SCCA/circle track guys. Head/Cam/compression/intake/exhaust good for 210-220HP, but with 13:1 compression and race gas only. (i have two of these engines that came with my car, but I run a mostly stock long block with intake and long tube header).

At the end of the day any 130-170HP FWD car that you know how to work on and can find parts readily is the right car.

You make it sound so good! What's the drawback other than the aforementioned meth head trailer park girl image I have in my head? What you describe sounds ripe for spec series.

Grant Hughes
Snidewhips
Jeremy Livingston
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1990 acura integra, 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

April 12, 2015 12:25AM
we have/had a spec neon ice racing series round my parts, studded or should i say screwed tires sohc was the spec. good racing minus the neons

All bridges burnt, island life is beauty
wvonkessler
Wilson von Kessler
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Colts are in Finland; now '87 325i, '89 325i

April 14, 2015 07:32PM
NoCoast
You're name says Kyle so I'm going to say Civic.
Then again, I'm strongly of the opinion that Neon's belong in trailer parks driven by trashy meth head chicks.

But what about the Transcamaro? https://www.drbukk.com/content/23-the-trailer-park

"Talk about drugs. Driving a car like that, going that fast, it’s like all the drugs at once." - Tommy Byrne

"Now, Pinky, if by any chance you are captured during this mission, remember you are Gunther Heindriksen from Appenzell. You moved to Grindelwald to drive the cog train to Murren. Can you repeat that?" - The Brain
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login