Jeremy Livingston
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
1990 acura integra, 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Re: 2C Returns with 3 events! The 2015 NASA Rally Sport 2WD Challenge
June 16, 2015 06:37PM
bitchin camaro!

All bridges burnt, island life is beauty

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2015 06:38PM by Snidewhips.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
aj_johnson
A.J. Johnson
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
88 Audi 80

June 16, 2015 07:46PM
Horrible update Kris! Give us the down low! No mention of Dave clark running power steering via zip ties? The subaru taking a swim in the beaver pond, dam! (thanks Grant for that one)
webkris
Kristopher Marciniak
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
2003 Dodge Neon

June 16, 2015 07:52PM
Sorry - I'll be working on the big PR update tonight / tomorrow. smiling smiley
I thought 2WD was going to have "the story" coming down to the wire with 11 seconds, but Open AWD one upped that with 2 seconds. (What was the gap from 1st to 2nd at STPR?? winking smiley )

I digress - This thread is about 2WD dammit!
Speaking of Grant - Car looked GREAT dude, and Ryan McLaughlin & David Brown did well to finish their first event.

- Kris
12xalt
"oh! you're the one!"
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
1974 Dodge Colt, under construction

June 16, 2015 11:40PM
Snidewhips
bitchin camaro!
I kept meaning to post this smileys with beer

just saw them not that long ago, it'd prolly been 20 years (or more) since the last time, still lots of fun live smiling smiley
hoche
Michel Hoche-Mong
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Golf, Golf, RX-3

June 17, 2015 12:43AM
aj_johnson
Horrible update Kris! Give us the down low! No mention of Dave clark running power steering via zip ties? The subaru taking a swim in the beaver pond, dam! (thanks Grant for that one)

Dave Clark didn't say anything about running with zipties or I would have put it in LiveText. What's the story there?

How was the event coverage from a scoring and LiveText standpoint anyway? The Gibeaults and I built quite a house of cards to make that work. I mean, we had a couple of repeaters and packet radio and soup cans with string and lions and tigers, oh my.

Self-righteous douche canoe
webkris
Kristopher Marciniak
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
2003 Dodge Neon

June 17, 2015 12:47AM
I have to chime in and add - Good work on the live text and scores Michel, + the Gibealt's. That press will be written from 10% what I saw, 30% who I talked to, and 60% what I read on the live text from rallydata.com. grinning smiley
- Kris
Gravity Fed
Alex Staidle
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Various Heaps

June 17, 2015 01:12AM
i heard a Subaru took a dip in the river? Also Dave got a new Idaho achievement

First Rally: 2010 First RallyX: 2004 (a bunch)
Driver (0), Co-Driver (7)
Organizer (3), Volunteer (3)
Cars Built (2.5), Engines Blown (2) Cages Built (0) # of rotations (3.5)
Last Updated, Apr 9, 2023
Robert Culbertson
Out of this dumpster fire
Ultra Moderator

June 17, 2015 01:56AM
hoche
aj_johnson

Dave Clark didn't say anything about running with zipties or I would have put it in LiveText. What's the story there?

How was the event coverage from a scoring and LiveText standpoint anyway? The Gibeaults and I built quite a house of cards to make that work. I mean, we had a couple of repeaters and packet radio and soup cans with string and lions and tigers, oh my.

Mostly hose clamps, not zipties smiling smiley. Power steering bracket had a weld crack. Service guys threw on a few hose clamps to act as the pivot (mid day Saturday). It worked great all weekend!
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

June 17, 2015 12:30PM
Ryan McLaughlin (one of the Rally.Build owners with me) and Dave Brown had an interesting event with internal gearbox problems that left them only having 2nd and 3rd gear for ALL of Sunday. A spectator backed into their car in service and damaged the front fender but they just man handled it back out so it wouldn't hit the car. Ryan's first rally (mostly done hill climbs, track stuff, and PPIHC) and he thoroughly enjoyed it. He's a big hockey fan and last night at the shop his rally hangover was strong enough that he didn't know the final was over. Have a feeling the plan to quit day job to focus on Rally.Build might get scooted up a little now. smiling smiley

Joe Chiarelli and Sam Baca were the other car we support a bunch, bright green open light car. They had a 5th gear off into what turned out to be a tailing pond. GoPro was on 10 second time lapse and from that it was estimated the car was completely underwater within >15 seconds. Sam opened codriver door right away and the water smashed door back into her (and facilitated the fast sinking.) Joe had gotten his helmet off and quite used his head to break out driver's side window. He got Sam out of the car and was stuck in car for another minute. Sam was on shore by time Joe surfaced with a bit of inhaled water. Scary stuff, know where your window breaker is. They moved it pre-event and in heat of moment he couldn't remember where. Car was in about 8 ft deep stagnant tailing pond, though I'm still going to keep using the beaver dam joke cause it's more fun.

Grant Hughes
johnhuebbe
John Huebbe
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1970 VW Beetle & 1991 Subaru Legacy

June 17, 2015 01:41PM
NoCoast
Scary stuff, know where your window breaker is.

I have a ResQMe on my shoulder belt. http://resqme.com/our-products/

hope I never have to use it.
aj_johnson
A.J. Johnson
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
88 Audi 80

June 17, 2015 06:19PM
hoche
aj_johnson

live text was awesome. Unfortunately no amount of info is ever going to be enough, even when you are at the event. Thanks for the coverage. Would be nice if live text could be supplemented by some of the comment type format we get from FB.

Glad Joe is ok, Murphy has been hyperactive all weekend. It's like he knew we were missing out.

Hose clamps, zip ties... same thing lol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login