sagsert
Mustafa Samli
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Gaylant VR4

RA and Fuel Cell Fiasco
January 10, 2006 04:17PM
Let the rant session begin.

When RA took the reins for rallying, I thought it was gonna be different, sort of a for the rallyist with the rallyist, open discussion, reasonable and reasoning people. Yah right how wrong I was.

I guess you can not make chicken salad with chicken shit. Once again we have the same bufoons trying to make new rules where no modification is needed, same Yesmen who are telling people not to argue with the rules simply because they are rules same dumbass oldfart noload pussnutted wankers armchair rallying.

We even have the Forum Gestapo, if they don't like what you say, they just erase it. Kinda like an ostriche, they burry their heads in sand and leave their asses exposed.

I seriously don't care one way or the other about this fuel cell bull crap. My car has a trunk. When I asked my buddies in Europe to send me pictures of teir setup they asked why. I directed them to SS and RA forums, Now they are all laughing their asses off. They thought I was joking. I am waiting for pictures to be emailed, when I get them, I'll share here.

All they had to do was to look in Appendix J of FIA rules but I guess they are trying to sterilise rallying by using their interpreatations they come up with using the half ass knowledge they have. I mean how many rally cars burned in the US directly because of fuel cell problems ? I've been here only 15 years so I really don't know, help me out here.

Cheers
M.Samli

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2006 04:18PM by sagsert.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Skye
Skye Nott
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Xratty

Re: RA and Fuel Cell Fiasco
January 10, 2006 04:33PM
Hey Mustafa glad you made it here!

I really don't get it. Of all the things they are going to implement, I just have to wonder WHY THIS. If they're that concerned why the HELL don't they require fire supression systems?

Now that the dust has settled and it APPEARS that the box can just be put in another box (I thought of nesting Russian dolls the minute that came up, but apparently the "moderator" Edstrom has no sense of humour and deleted posts to that effect) I guess it might not be tooooooo bad, but here's the thing:

It's just another case of something not well thought out, not consulting competitors, and selectively appealing to authority (FIA) when it suits their purposes.

And another case of AMERICAN rallyists stating things like they are the ultimate authority on all things rally, who cares what the rest of the world does, what do they know, right. God (flying spagetti monster), I hate bullshitters.

A box around the box, OK, I can see how it MIGHT give you a few extra seconds to get out of the car in a fire. But in the face of all the OTHER idiotic rules why is this at the top of the list?

It's kind of like that open/closed face helmet "discussion". Gosh, I've seen a lot of drivers that drive a fuck of a lot faster than anyone in North America and crash a lot harder and a lot more frequently, and they seem to be OK. I've seen lots of in-car crash footage and people don't seem to be smacking their skulls on the steering wheel. Now I haven't been in many crashes myself so maybe I'm just dumb and WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE. It's just another heres-what-I-think but I'm-going-to-state-it-as-fact because it give me a big I'm-a-race-car-driver-ego-boost craptastic thread waste-a-thon.

I've only been back in the country for a month and I'm already bitter / disgusted again. I am so glad we're moving back to Canada....

Skye

www.rallyrace.net

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2006 04:35PM by Skye.
sagsert
Mustafa Samli
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Gaylant VR4

January 10, 2006 05:50PM
Duude,

Some poor guy was building something to rally and finally he called it QUITS. He says he will go rallycross because he can not keep up with the rule changes. I agree with him. This shit is getting way out of hand and the constant rule change and modification is making it more complicated than it needs to be. I mean some of us can spend stupid money but how about the guy who is trying to rally with 2 sets of tyres per season ?

I really don't understand the logic behind their thinking. Without new people coming in they will kill the sport.

You are moving to Cannuckistan, I am very very seriously considering rallying in Europe. An old friend of mine is running the Turkish arm of M Sport with 3 WRC Foci (or is it Focuses) he also developped the Festiva S1600 and the Spec Festiva Rallies. He says I can buy a Spec Festiva with suspension, real dogbox, fire suppression, the whole rally ready schabeng for $39000. INCLUDING 1 YEAR SERVICE. How can you beat that ? Or I can rent it for $20000 for a season. Seems like a bargain to me and definately beats dealing with the knuckleheads here.

Cheers
M.Samli
Skye
Skye Nott
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Xratty

January 10, 2006 05:57PM
Yeah I saw that "calling it quits" post, seems like a few more people are near that point as well. As a guy still building a car, it's really annoying to having a moving target all the time. Another thing to fab. Whatever.

Well at least the Olympus Rally up here (May 18) is run under NASA, whatever their rules are these days. Looks like I have some catching up to do.

No idea what Doo Wops are run under, doubt I'll be ready by February 25 anyway.

www.rallyrace.net
sagsert
Mustafa Samli
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Gaylant VR4

January 11, 2006 12:43AM
Since my posts are usually censored by The Great Topic Gestapo I wanted to post my opinion on the whole fuel cell issue here for those who deserve to read it, well to read.

I have no intentions of opening the same discussion here but here is my 0.26 YTL.

If you use a bag tank like a Premier, It has to have an aluminium or kevlar skin on the outside and the fumes must be vented outside the cabin. The filler neck must be fire proof and the cap must be a positive locking cap. Plain and simple.

The rocket scientists in power are claiming that this is not enough. Let them do so, I don't give a north bound rat's south end. It will not change anything in the safety of the car, it will not improve the inherent risk we take when we strap ourselves in our rally cars. It is nothing but yet another exercise in futility that will increase expenses and will cause a truck load of underfunded amateurs to quit rallying. It is not financially, technically and logically feasable.

Here I say it, it is stupid.

Do what you want, frankly my dear I don't give a damn.

And we have aspirations of having a WRC even in the US ? Get real.

Cheers
M.Samli
The Pessimist

Skye
Skye Nott
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Xratty

January 11, 2006 12:47AM
Should be interesting to see those pictures.

www.rallyrace.net
sagsert
Mustafa Samli
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Gaylant VR4

January 11, 2006 11:26AM
The Militant Technical Cell of RallyAnarchy will see the pictures before anybody else in the free world .

Cheers
M.Samli
John Lane
John Lane
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Volvo 262turbo AKA the SPE

January 11, 2006 01:13PM
I am also watching as the target moves about...... Perhaps it is time Dave took a shot at it with the Potato gun so as to hurt it badly enough that it will stop moving..... Oh...that's right. They will THEN outlaw the spudgun that we have used sooooo effectively to make French Fries in the service area.......

I May be building my Volvo to go and play in Canuckistan at this rate.

UGH!!

JL

JohnLane

Volvo 260turbo AKA The Fire Breathing Monster
Overkill is consistently more fun
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

January 11, 2006 04:24PM
Ever make a bomb. One thing I learned is you want a little space, but not too much. Seems like a box within a box is kinda like making it a bigger bomb? I like the lack of response to the WRC car pic I posted with no bulkhead from any supporters. (PS> Box in a box reminded me of lesbians, though I could see the russian doll thing).
sagsert
Mustafa Samli
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Gaylant VR4

Re: RA and Fuel Cell Fiasco/JVL
January 11, 2006 05:48PM
Psssst JVL,

Do you notice that a certain individual who's name shall not be mentioned is being very polite and politically correct towards my rant on SS.com

I guess he knows that I still have his threat email I had notarized and it is happily sitting in my safe.

I guess you can teach a new trick to an old dog after all.

Cheers
M.Samli
sagsert
Mustafa Samli
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Gaylant VR4

January 13, 2006 10:16AM
Boys and girls,

Yesterday after work I stopped at Hobby Depot and bought a 1/24 model of the 1998 Corolla WRC, That was the only one I could find with a fuel call in the back, it is a hatch back and has intensive rollcage that would probably be RA legal. Here is my plan, I'll build it but leave the shell off to have a better visual of the interior, take piccies and post them here or under another headline so everybody can download or print and doodle over to see what would be a faesable way to install a fire barrier bulkhead and post back here.

Dammit ! I don't even have a hatchback but I keep spending $$$ to help out everybody.

Cheers
M.Samli
John Lane
John Lane
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Volvo 262turbo AKA the SPE

January 13, 2006 11:20AM
sagsert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Psssst JVL,
>
> Do you notice that a certain individual who's name
> shall not be mentioned is being very polite and
> politically correct towards my rant on SS.com
>
> I guess he knows that I still have his threat
> email I had notarized and it is happily sitting in
> my safe.

----What have I missed?

JohnLane

Volvo 260turbo AKA The Fire Breathing Monster
Overkill is consistently more fun
sagsert
Mustafa Samli
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Gaylant VR4

January 13, 2006 11:52AM
Oh nothing important.

After my roll at Prescott 04 somebody sent me a threatening email. JVL has a copy for safe keeping too. Back then he was an SCCA aparatchik now he is on RA payroll. It would be safe to say that he hates my gutts because I am no pushover and I am not affraid of taking his ass to court with charges that would depleat his ASSets if he pisses me off.

Cheers
M.Samli
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

January 13, 2006 12:52PM
come on Mustafa, without revealing the name of which midwestern friendly to your face but snarling backstabber behind your back or in private, you could probably reveal the gist where he was saying
'if you don't say you're sorry, and prostrate yourself and grovel on your knees the last 30 paces on your knees before washing the feet of the offended parties with your hair and kissing their feet, I shall do everything in my limitless power recieved on mt olympus from Zeus himself to have you banned from all 'Merican rallying foreever."

As much as I am making fun of the bloated language, it is very abusive but also an admittion of 'intent' to commit a conspiracy and admission of a threat of defamation.
A felony.
stupid but serious.

sagsert
Mustafa Samli
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Gaylant VR4

January 13, 2006 05:57PM
Yessssss !!!

JVL still has the letter !!!

If you guys think John is exaggerating, think again, he is not.

Cheers
M.Samli
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login