john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Re: BIG NEWS! Rally America annouces Big Sponsorship deal in Group 2
March 30, 2016 06:15PM
Reamer
I ran 14 stages on Maxxis softs with a heavy awd subie with no issues. Would of been 17 if i would of slowed for a water crossing. Fastest rally for me to date. I plan to run these same tires at least partially at STPR . The driving feels different then the Pirreli but the times seem to be just as fast. Pirreli to me seem a little softer feel. Like maybe a little softer side wall on the pirreli maybe? I felt comfortable to push with the Maxxis.

I cant see much for complaining about them being junk unless your used to buying a bunch of K8 pirreli and changing to new ones every 4 stages. To me they seem to be a good choice for cost,speed and durability.

Jeff whatever they are for a tire is one thing..and who cares, they're same price within a couple of bucks as anything else so no advantage of price---when as we know there should be a YUUUUGE price advantage for Taiwan or Chinese tires, YUUUUUGE..

Its is the wheelin dealin back room deals--misty stories of $1000 bribes to make it a rule--and forcing people when there exists no need to force people..
We disagree on if "any spec tire" is a good THEORETICAL IDEA in gravel rally in North America now.

But this just plain suck and is some shameful deal and most of all just plain stupidly thought out, stupidly implemented, stupidly launched.. Deals.. Gotta watch those tricky Chinese as my wife always says.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Paddy1337
Tim Patrick
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Galant VR-4

Re: BIG NEWS! Rally America annouces Big Sponsorship deal in Group 2
April 01, 2016 07:18AM
john vanlandingham
---when as we know there should be a YUUUUGE price advantage for Taiwan or Chinese tires, YUUUUUGE..

I feel what you did there. I can FEEL it...
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login