Rally Chat
Don\
Welcome! Log In Register

Advanced

The Relentless, saturated Professional some may dare call it CLASSY strem of Stage by stage Press Releases pouring out from the Headquarters of Fogg Industries about 100 Acre woods has to be seen to be believed

Posted by john vanlandingham 
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

That are going to peak to peak, onward! Ever onwards and upwards..
Success after Success...Each national the somehow continue to outdo the previous efforts in their coverage of the events locals struggle to put together...

So since Rally America did all that was needed for their purposes, what's the news on the 2WD guys... What happened to our own?

The FB page for this event was pure disorganised jumble of shit...
Was there anything in the that ass-wipe spammers Cline's secret "mambers only" or just the same guys complaining as they do everywhere?

I wonder who some of the noobs are--especially with the attitudes...
Saw Mconte wadded his pooor Legacy hard..
Heard "lotsa" others..

What's the details, piccies?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2016 05:33PM by john vanlandingham.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Robert Culbertson
Out of this dumpster fire
Mod Moderator

All the awd cars rolled.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2016 09:40AM by Robert Culbertson.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Robert Culbertson
All the awd cars rolled.

Odd the only snews was Pastrami finally won and Higgins second.

But maybe I missed that is the veritable avalanche of car by car stage by stage news and results.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Thomas Kimsey
Thomas Kimsey
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
1988 XRatty

MConte05
Matthew Conte
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1991 Subaru Legacy Turbozzzzzz

https://www.facebook.com/teamCONTE/videos/vb.232843556839254/354889014634707/

That was our wreck. R4 short that tightens a bit, sucked into a ditch, hit a hidden stump, and game over. 55mph to zero in a split second. Intercooler hose problems on Day 1 made us withdraw after trying to fix it on stage three times, and then again on the next stage. Three more times on the drive back to service. Fixed it up and it was doing great on day 2. Pushing hard since we were just barely beating Pritchard (incredible driving by him) and he's a master of the southern loop stages, so knew we had to put time on him since he was going to take it from us there. High risk corner with a high reward (long straight after) that I played the odds on and lost.

Annoyed with lack of updates too. I even had our PR guy at my company write up a press release to put out a week before the race just as a formality. Normally those things are posted quickly from teams. Several emails unanswered and nothing posted.
reecers
Reece
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
1991 Ej20g'd Legacy

i survived....

10 year old rally tires

who knew they could be so horrible lol

first 4 stages i transited because my toe got all sorts of fucked up and i was driving on bald tires doing 35 mph trying to get back to service smiling smiley

1st rally no dnf's

must count for something

I am not an alien

Koolaid on specialstage just an FYI
Reamer
Jeff Reamer
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Subaru

We had a good Friday rally, for us any way. I am finally starting to figure this stuff out and gang a little speed.We left our rally lights at the hotel 45 min away from service so the last 2 and a half stages were ran with high beams only. Kaltec and I had a really good battle going for second in regionals. It came down to less then half a second after 9 stages! Congrats Sam good run! Look forward to the next battle! I cant blame the lights but i do believe there was at least a second lost do to vision! Sam and I were fast in different areas so it made for a good fun first day! Neither of our codrivers were telling us times but we new by there actions that it was close between us!

Day 2 started out looking like it would be a good battle again with Kaltec. Lost a little time to him on the stage Conte wrecked on. after Coming up on his car we got off our notes for the next half mile or so and lost some time. The next stage was the learning stage for me. I was feeling pretty good about the stage and came up to the water crossing. I pretty much didnt slow down hardly at all. That wasnt smart at all! It broke the radiator mounts and broke the fan loose from rad which then pushed into the plastic timing cover of the engine broke that then kept pushing until it broke the timing belt and there we sat 10' past the water crossing with no more running engine!

All in all it was a good time very very fast roads this weekend with good weather and loose gravel to make for some big wrecks. Not sure on the total car loss but rally took a pretty big hit this weekend as for car counts at least for the next few rallies! Glad every one was ok! Time to reprep for STPR!

First rally 2013
Rally car type AWD subaru
Total rallies as driver 6
Total rally cars built 2
Total rally cars caged 3
Total rally cars repaired from offs 4
Total years racing exp other then rally 19 yrs
Like 31motorsports on FB!
Check out 31motor sales on ebay for used Subaru parts
MConte05
Matthew Conte
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1991 Subaru Legacy Turbozzzzzz

Hey Jeff, do you know that your engine is burning oil really badly? Like realllll badly. Thats part of why I thought we were still racing on SS10 when I passed you, I first thought the marshal holding the sign at the delta (which ended up being a red cross sign, but I swore up and down that it was an OK sign that I saw, especially with how non-chalantly they were holding it) was holding that sign because you pulled off. Then came up on you and thought your hand movement was waving us by (maybe it was you telling us to slow down?). I thought your engine had finally went.

Sorry about that again.
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

Mad Mike rolled the RX7, piroetted.

Saw a crushingly sad picture of the guys with the brand new Volvo crashed also.

SOOOO much carnage.

Our team had a brilliant showing.
Our two biggest issues on car 426, Scott McCarty/Dave Brown were a broken muffler on the nearly stock 2.2 that requiring me to quickly fab up some safety wire exhaust hangers that surprising lasted 13 stages and a loose heim joint on the TSSFab rear arms. First event on them, one was already going bad after first leg, 2-3 were wiggly by the end of day two. Guessing we either were supplied with used ones or lower quality ones or just were unlucky.
Scott and his novice codriver took awhile to get on the same page. Day one I think there was only one stage that didn't have note problems and that really meant that Scott lacked the confidence to commit to anything he was hearing.

Our main car, car 495 Steve Bis/Joe Chiarelli had a fairly excellent rally. Steve hasn't driven since 2009 and was his first time driving 100AW and was from beginning fast and battling hard and consistently setting 2nd fastest times behind Pritchard. Then came stage 14 and the big water crossing. Lost 7 minutes due to water and soaked mass air sensor. No spare mass air and couldn't find one in service. It came around eventually but the final stage had same problem. This time they jumped out and unplugged it right away and limped the car home.

Conte's cage was first one I built back in 2007 or so. Really happy it did what it was designed to. Some other customers had big wrecks, Piotr Fetela I'm sure everyone saw. Eric Genack's was another car write off. We were helping Eric with service and they came and told us that he was on his side, sweep would get him back on wheels and see from there about getting him back. Definitely was a case of our downplaying or assuming on his side meant he just tipped there vs. ending up there after this little incident.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDKhEWjRn2w/

And, in case you aren't one of the 40k to have watched Piotr's roll...

Grant Hughes
peliwego
Jimmy Pelizzari
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
'88 Mazda 323 GTX

Well for our first out of Michigan rally it didn't go so hot.

We spent a good amount of time cleaning up more wiring, swapping in a spare transmission..., got new Peltor intercom, and... turning up the boost to 10lbs with a good tune.

1st stage was a little rough as the new intercoms were nowhere near as loud as we had thought they'd be. I couldn't hear a damn thing. Then me wanting to be all hydrated and shit went and bought a bottle of water and jammed it in the seat bracket like I usually do. Except when I hit the brakes it slid under all 3 pedals. It's kind of funny in the video cause you can see my attention become very much not fixed on the road.

2nd stage the trans blew. Going into the third year and i've had my first actual GTX related issue. sad smiley

We DID go out and spectate though. Found some locals with a big ole 62 Studebaker Deuce with the 427 Multifuel. They had a lot of "local lemonade". We had a lot of "local lemonade".

We're looking to have the GTX going again for the Summer Sno Drift in August.
Thomas Kimsey
Thomas Kimsey
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
1988 XRatty

peliwego

2nd stage the trans blew. Going into the third year and i've had my first actual GTX related issue. sad smiley

If you are looking for parts I have a 323 GTX just sitting.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Thomas Kimsey
peliwego

Jus sitting? A valuable car like that? One full of rare parts...Whoa now i see where you're going! Clever trevor! Sell the Maz-dog for millions, invest in the rally Xratty..WIN!

You're a fart smeller...or smart feller..or sumpin.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Thomas Kimsey
Thomas Kimsey
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
1988 XRatty

john vanlandingham
Thomas Kimsey
peliwego

Jus sitting? A valuable car like that? One full of rare parts...Whoa now i see where you're going! Clever trevor! Sell the Maz-dog for millions, invest in the rally Xratty..WIN!

Just sitting, waiting for someone to love her, or take the motor and trans.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Thomas Kimsey
john vanlandingham
Thomas Kimsey
peliwego

Just sitting, waiting for someone to love her, or take the motor and trans.

Would it be able to limp out to the Mid-west? Suddenly Jimmy needs some sheetmetal too, eh?
Make him a deal! He's a good guy even if he sold the nice Volvo he had..

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

MConte05
https://www.facebook.com/teamCONTE/videos/vb.232843556839254/354889014634707/

That was our wreck. R4 short that tightens a bit, sucked into a ditch, hit a hidden stump, and game over. 55mph to zero in a split second. Intercooler hose problems on Day 1 made us withdraw after trying to fix it on stage three times, and then again on the next stage. Three more times on the drive back to service. Fixed it up and it was doing great on day 2. Pushing hard since we were just barely beating Pritchard (incredible driving by him) and he's a master of the southern loop stages, so knew we had to put time on him since he was going to take it from us there. High risk corner with a high reward (long straight after) that I played the odds on and lost.

Annoyed with lack of updates too. I even had our PR guy at my company write up a press release to put out a week before the race just as a formality. Normally those things are posted quickly from teams. Several emails unanswered and nothing posted.

Poor Le-gassy..(sniffle)
But one door closes, one door opens:

Alex Rademacher, good guy and friendly---except if you suggest that his culturally acquired belief that car race/rally results have a connection to genetically transmitted "predisposition" or "in-born talent....If you try and explain that that is a current pseudo-science trend, he's going to get upset...but still a good guy..

Call him..
He likes to talk.

A1337STI
A1337STI is offline 100 oversquare right

Default 1994 Legacy RS Project car VERY CHEAP(free-ish)

Howdy,

So my turbo 94 Legacy has been parted out (sorta)

Transmission and parts of the interior are gone

Motor + harness + Ecu is sold (still in car waiting to be pulled)

plated rear R160 to be pulled out (probably) if i do i think i have an open R160 i can give you ..

But if anyone wants this shell for a rally car (rally cross / cone racing / ice racing) car I'll trade it for beer. has to be craft IPA even better if Imperial IPA ...

If you want it for a street car.. don't do it... but sure for $250

oh its in Reno ,NV and trailer pick up will be required.

text me Seven Seven Five -901-0992

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login