Welcome! Log In Register

Advanced

Third Gen. Toyota Celica Query

Posted by DanielSL 
RALLYRS
Mike Ball
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Nope...I wish...RWD 2 Door Jeep XJ 4.0 5-spd Dirt-o-cross car(we have no grass!)2.3 ZX3 rallyx car(sold)

Re: Third Gen. Toyota Celica Query
July 05, 2016 06:30PM
john vanlandingham
tdrrally
i like the idea of the celica with the tacoma engines either the 2.4 L 2RZ-FE I4 142 hp (106 kW)
2.7 L 3RZ-FE I4 150 hp (112 kW)

if it's a solid rear axle (6.7) swap it out for an 7.5 or an 8"

or just build a 2wd tacoma

Why not actually DRIVE the car stock? Flat field..A gang of happy dreamer amateurs, a cheezoid plaque maybe? ZERO realistic competition..

The Oh Pea needs a new avatar:

Actually John...

Since many of our rallyx regions in SCCA "grassocross" don't have grass(see pic of yours truly below piddling around in a dirt lot which might as well be the surface of the moon)perhaps we should call it fap-o-cross to differentiate it from real rallycross...I don't mind....

And I know something about fap...I mean about piddling around in a dirt lot... smiling smiley

................................................. .....................

Support your Local North American Rally Forum!!

While they are still around-and get the hell off Farsebook!!

We still have Specialstage & RallyAnarchy.

Post up Here:

https://rallyanarchy.com/phorum/posting.php

and here:

https://www.specialstage.com/forums/forum.php
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Attachments:
open | download - hdt2.jpg (44.9 KB)
hdt2.jpg
RALLYRS
Mike Ball
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Nope...I wish...RWD 2 Door Jeep XJ 4.0 5-spd Dirt-o-cross car(we have no grass!)2.3 ZX3 rallyx car(sold)

July 05, 2016 11:00PM
It still beats a day at work though...even if has nothing in common whatsoever with stage..

................................................. .....................

Support your Local North American Rally Forum!!

While they are still around-and get the hell off Farsebook!!

We still have Specialstage & RallyAnarchy.

Post up Here:

https://rallyanarchy.com/phorum/posting.php

and here:

https://www.specialstage.com/forums/forum.php
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

July 06, 2016 01:58AM
RALLYRS
It still beats a day at work though...even if has nothing in common whatsoever with stage..

Some wise person once said of auto-cross and it applies to the thing they absurdly named after that really crazy sport as done elsewhere in 400-650 hp rockets. he said
Otter-cross is kinda like jerkin off: it may be fun to do but I don't want to sit around all day watching other guys do it".

Sure its fun. If you get to beat on a car and its cheap, fine. I've done a couple...and they were approached as fun--no counting the cones just mash the gas and leave it..I won "most cones killed for the day"..

But this guy with his 17" wheel, Audi turbo powered, super headlights, 380mm discs "and I am NOT changing the brakes that some VW engineer decided the car needs" VW and now this whole thread, that's the part which is politely put jerkin the gherkin...

High expenditure, for the minimal action possible and still call it "competition" is the antithesis of everything this forum was founded to encourage and assist..

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
DanielSL
Daniel
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
2005 VW Mk. 4 Golf GTI 1.8T

July 06, 2016 05:50AM
This forum is, or at least was, to encourage all things rally. Be it rallycross, rally sprints, or stage.

Over time, it looks like John has forgot that. This section is called chat, and I brought up an idea, so that it could be discussed. Simple as that.

As always, John is the one that has to malign, derail, and destroy a thread.

New RallyCross contingency package available: $5,000 to anyone who can "persuade"John to no longer participate in any type of rallying, on any level.
NONACK
Chris Nonack
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
1985 XR4Ti

July 06, 2016 06:50AM
I had one of these and rallycrossed it in stock rwd- tires are fun for stock class since it can fit a 195/75r14 All Terrain so you don't worry much about debeading like you do with snows. With the open diff and some fresh shocks and bushings it was good enough to beat FRS/BRZ type stuff as long as you drove it like you wanted to kill it. The only thing I damaged regularly was the steering arms, they're flimsy and they like to bend (start an event with zero toe up front, end with 1/2" out).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2016 06:53AM by NONACK.
DanielSL
Daniel
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:

July 06, 2016 06:57AM
Great pic, Chris! Love the angle of attack. That is exactly what I was looking at, the notchback. The celica supra fastback does not interest me as much, as it is not what was run by TTE in the WRC back in the old days.
I'll definitely be keeping these on my radar now, as I work on the GTi build. Could be a year to 18 months before that car is done, as I am building it to modified class rules, as well as making sure it will be legal for Rally Sprints as well.
Thanks for sharing.
NONACK
Chris Nonack
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
1985 XR4Ti

July 06, 2016 06:59AM
I'd skip the Supra of that era for rallycross, they're a foot longer and a decent amount heavier than the Celica. Mine was a GTS with the trailing arm rear, but there's no reason the live axle cars couldn't do well also.

Edit for my formula to make the car work on dirt:
195/75r14 load range D BFG A/Ts ~30psi
new rubber bushings everywhere
KYB Gas-A-Just rear
KYB GR-2 front
Worst brake pads you can buy up front
Hawk or EBC performance pads in the rear
Many spare steering arms

Apart from the tires, you can do all that in a day of work and less than $200 in parts.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2016 07:06AM by NONACK.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

July 06, 2016 10:44AM
DanielSL
This forum is, or at least was, to encourage all things rally. Be it rallycross, rally sprints, or stage.

Over time, it looks like John has forgot that. This section is called chat, and I brought up an idea, so that it could be discussed. Simple as that.

As always, John is the one that has to malign, derail, and destroy a thread.

New RallyCross contingency package available: $5,000 to anyone who can "persuade"John to no longer participate in any type of rallying, on any level.

Look bub, this forum was founded by about 5-6 guys 4-5 feet over that way.

We DO want to encourage sensible club level SUSTAINABLE rally... Not a trite shotgun "all things" rally..

And we had ZERO thoughts at the time about grass-o-cross or fap-o-cross..

Because it has ZERO connection to rally and importantly the PEOPLE who do or want to do grass-o-cross or fap-o-cross can more often be people with different attitudes..
In short: High on bullshit, low on honesty...

And high on the stupid whining defensiveness that characterizes a whole segment of this country... which is connected to the honesty bit.

So Daniel, Don't tell me what this forum was founded to do or it's intent. There was ZERO thought about the fap-o-cross because it is fapping and some of the people doing it are annoying fappeurs ---which is like a POSEUR...and YOU are definitely a Championship level Fappeur.

Let's make something very clear Daniel without a last name because you are dishonorable,

YOU by posting your "Oh golly look at all the pile of impressive shit I bought to go fap" and
like this thread "I was fapping about real racers and real men so I started a thread about fapping about a old Celica"
type bullshit will, if left unchecked, malign, derail, and destroy rally in America..And with that the whole point of this forum.

Airheaded, consumerist, vague, bland ego centric talk about what you "Like" and "want" helps nobody if not examined in detail. and IN CONTEXT
And you stated the context: fap-o-cross.

And just like all your posts this one from you says--from you---NOTHING worthwhile.
You malign, derail, and destroy this forum and the country with your vague thoughtless bullshitting.

Again, isn't there some place you could find to write this kind of bullshit lazy ass "I was fucking off at work and outta the blue for no reason at all i thought old Celica..what if I fixed it up to LOOK JUST LIKE (a real rally car that was built to FUNCTION) some car I saw a photo of once..That's so kewl I better post on some forum" type shit you post where it would get you some attention you so desperately seek?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
DanielSL
Daniel
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:

July 06, 2016 11:08AM
So now a discussion based on an idea, with some good input and great thoughts, has been derailed by another of your B.S. posts and useless diatribes.
When the jack fails, and your head is crushed like a popped zit under someones chassis; I will be more than happy to fly out west to simply piss on your headstone. You are the king of all that is a waste of time and energy, you p.o.s..
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

July 06, 2016 11:24AM
DanielSL
So now a discussion based on an idea, with some good input and great thoughts, has been derailed by another of your B.S. posts and useless diatribes.
When the jack fails, and your head is crushed like a popped zit under someones chassis; I will be more than happy to fly out west to simply piss on your headstone. You are the king of all that is a waste of time and energy, you p.o.s..

No Dan a BS whim musing thread which is in itself useless was kicked around..
I had a nice talk yesterday with a fellow on a RALLY car subject and your fappery came up and he previously had an old POS Celica exactly what you are bloviating about and he actually did use it in actual SCCA style rally-crosses...and did fine.. That was good talk.
YOU however are merely blabbering, but worse, you are bullshitting.

If you come and bullshit--and so far that is ALL you have done, then why be surprised or offended when somebody says you are bullshitting?
Evidently your head is so far up your enormous ass you didn't see the main message:
You want to get a Celica to go drive around in a field? Do it.
The CAR as it was made is all you need for that.
The rest is bullshit.
You are the epitome of waste, and dishonesty.

Do it. Get a Celica and shut up.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Robert Culbertson
Out of this dumpster fire
Junior Moderator

July 06, 2016 11:49AM
Should there be a "General Fappery" section of the forum? Or is Off Topic that section?
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

July 06, 2016 12:07PM
Robert Culbertson
Should there be a "General Fappery" section of the forum? Or is Off Topic that section?

Yeah not a bad idea.. When there was only "SS.com" there was so many more posts at one time on video games that it seemed that was the main interest. It was suggested that that gushing over how perfectly realistic this game was over the other game was embarrassing on the main page.
A sub-forum was created.

Maybe i can fire a note off to Skye and suggest he amend the title of Off Topic to "Off Topic and Fappery About Some Car You Think Would Be Cool to Just Talk Crap About That You'll Never Do A Thing About"

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Not Trolling
Keith Morison
Senior Moderator

July 06, 2016 12:14PM
Robert Culbertson
Should there be a "General Fappery" section of the forum?
There already is:
http://www.rallyanarchy.com/phorum/list.php?5

First Rally attended (2000), First Rally competed in (2001)
Cars Built (1), Engines Built (0) Cages Built (0)
Driver (8), Co-Driver (47), Drivers (19)
Clerk (29), Steward (1), Official (17), Volunteer (5)
WRC Spectator (1), WRC Photographer (6), WRC Observer (4)
Rallies attended (120) Countries attended rallies in (11)
Last Updated, May30, 2022
Not Trolling
Keith Morison
Senior Moderator

July 06, 2016 02:51PM
john vanlandingham
Maybe i can fire a note off to Skye and suggest he amend the title of Off Topic to "Off Topic and Fappery About Some Car You Think Would Be Cool to Just Talk Crap About That You'll Never Do A Thing About"

Finally a single spot for the Xratty builds!

First Rally attended (2000), First Rally competed in (2001)
Cars Built (1), Engines Built (0) Cages Built (0)
Driver (8), Co-Driver (47), Drivers (19)
Clerk (29), Steward (1), Official (17), Volunteer (5)
WRC Spectator (1), WRC Photographer (6), WRC Observer (4)
Rallies attended (120) Countries attended rallies in (11)
Last Updated, May30, 2022
Robert Culbertson
Out of this dumpster fire
Junior Moderator

July 06, 2016 04:22PM
^ Much chuckling was had.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login