imnotcrazy
Don Kennedy
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Impreza

Re: Opinion Audi TT
November 15, 2016 11:36AM
imnotcrazy
There was one that crashed at RWV in the early 2000s that I don't see in those results. Was the first event (and last) for the car IIRC.
I'm wrong. I was thinking of Bob Olsen and the RX8 in 2007. Not too many of them have been rallied IIRC.

Don Kennedy
Please Login or Register to post a reply
dreamsofjvl
Sancho Panza
Mega Moderator

November 15, 2016 12:38PM
Pete
dreamsofjvl
We've actually had two Audi TT's rallied in Canada, and there was an A4 in the USA afaik.

Are you talking newer or older? The old ones used the older A4's complicated double wishbone setup that was notorious for wearing quickly.

You got some wires crossed!

The old TT was based on the A4 chassis. Meaning, the 4th-generation Golf (/Jetta/New Beetle/a dozen other cars) They never had the multilink suspension used in Audi A4s, which were B5-up chassis.

Yes, you are correct. Wires crossed indeed, its been a while since I last looked at the old TT's.
Pete
Pete Remner
Mod Moderator

November 15, 2016 01:15PM
Not for me... And pulling the trans in a manual trans AWD model is twelve kinds of pain in the ass. You have to pull the bevel drive off before the trans can come off. Some of the bevel drive fasteners are almost inaccessible in-chassis, and don't forget to put the right side drive flange into the bevel drive before putting it back on...

If'n I was going to rally a TT, it'd be a front drive model. Or better yet, a New Beetle. Better better yet, a Golf.

Pete Remner
Cleveland, Ohio

1984 RX-7 (rallycross thing)
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2016 01:16PM by Pete.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login