Posted by SeamusMcC 
DanielSL
Daniel
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
2005 VW Mk. 4 Golf GTI 1.8T

Re: Merits of the MK3 Golf
May 15, 2017 12:48PM
Maybe if I was building a hill-climb car, but alas, no hills in Florida to climb. I took off the lower three inches from both my front and rear bumper covers, simply to keep them from becoming sand shovels.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
MattP
Matt Pullen
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 Ford StRanger

May 16, 2017 05:09PM
Those are for the French Tarmac championship, 18" wheels, big brakes, wider track silly horsepower, sequential boxes etc etc etc, stuff that just won't fit under anything remotely standard. Also something like 200+ events throughout France during the year, 20 this month alone and that's just tarmac events! Don't forget the hill climbs, which are a whole other spectacle more special built machines than you can shake a very big stick at. So nothing even close to the stuff that happens here.

Yes, it's a Ranger.
Xr4Ti, it is rwd and was made in Germany.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2017 11:28AM by MattP.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

May 17, 2017 10:52PM
MattP
Those are for the French Tarmac championship, 18' wheels, big brakes, wider track silly horsepower, sequential boxes etc etc etc, stuff that just won't fit under anything remotely standard. Also something like 200+ events throughout France during the year, 20 this month alone and that's just tarmac events! Don't forget the hill climbs, which are a whole other spectacle more special built machines than you can shake a very big stick at. So nothing even close to the stuff that happens here.

I think you mean 18"

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
MattP
Matt Pullen
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 Ford StRanger

May 18, 2017 11:30AM
Yes I did John, I have amended my post to reflect my error.

Yes, it's a Ranger.
Xr4Ti, it is rwd and was made in Germany.
wvonkessler
Wilson von Kessler
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Colts are in Finland; now '87 325i, '89 325i

May 26, 2017 09:03AM
john vanlandingham
MattP
Those are for the French Tarmac championship, 18' wheels, big brakes, wider track silly horsepower, sequential boxes etc etc etc, stuff that just won't fit under anything remotely standard. Also something like 200+ events throughout France during the year, 20 this month alone and that's just tarmac events! Don't forget the hill climbs, which are a whole other spectacle more special built machines than you can shake a very big stick at. So nothing even close to the stuff that happens here.

I think you mean 18"

Monster Cars!

"Talk about drugs. Driving a car like that, going that fast, it’s like all the drugs at once." - Tommy Byrne

"Now, Pinky, if by any chance you are captured during this mission, remember you are Gunther Heindriksen from Appenzell. You moved to Grindelwald to drive the cog train to Murren. Can you repeat that?" - The Brain
drivesport
Peter Kocandrle
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
VW MK3 Golf

June 01, 2017 11:36PM
Hello,

Thank you for the referral. I used to rally in the Canadian Championship and was sponsored by Kalmar Motorsport (the manufacturer of SQS and MTS gears) back in the day. I am currently importing Kalmar gear sets into NA for rally, road, drag and time attach racing. My background is Czech and I buy directly from the factory in the Czech Republic resulting in competitive pricing for my customers. The gear sets are robust and we offer a variety of versions for VW applications and lastly I do my best to offer racers good customer support. If anyone has any questions feel free to contact me (tech@drivesport.ca).

link to website: Drivesport

I also own the John Nichols MK3 rally golf ;-)

Thank you,

Peter K

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2017 11:40PM by drivesport.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login