Posted by deaner 
deaner
Dane Aura
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
PS4 controller

Faceplated transmissions
June 21, 2017 07:24PM
Was putting curbin fibber syncros in a TKO this afternoon at work and for whatever reason, the conversation of faceplating came up after I asked about high rpm and misshifts. Some goooogle/yuuuutoob clicking yielded a fair amount of road racing footage with faceplated Tremecs. Good? Bad? Ugly in rally apps?
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Robert Culbertson
Out of this dumpster fire
Super Moderator

Re: Faceplated transmissions
June 21, 2017 07:48PM
Redneck way of saying "dog box".
Pete
Pete Remner
Mega Moderator

June 23, 2017 09:54PM
Face plating is to differentiate from pro-shifting, which is more or less synchro splines with every other tooth cut out.

Liberty hasn't gotten back to me on if they have to do both gears on a cluster or if they can do individual... I would rather have synchronized 1st for strength and 4th for drivability but I want dogs on 2nd and 3rd 'cause those are the gears I need to upshift to at high RPM... A 3-4 shift happens for me at like 110 so I don't need dogs there, never goin' that fast.

Pete Remner
Cleveland, Ohio

1984 RX-7 (rallycross thing)
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.
deaner
Dane Aura
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
PS4 controller

June 23, 2017 11:03PM
yeah, I can see going to a proshift box if a guys not making boat loads of torque and wants decent road manners by keeping syncros in place.

I have no clue how they'd be able to faceplate only one side of the slider after looking at em in hand. I'm not as smart as them though either lol. I'd love to be able to keep 1st and 5th synced as well. Being able to go into first gear(up or down) without all of the drama and "thud" would be neato.

Post up what you find oit, if you hear back lol. I imagine with the season about to explode, they're pretty busy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2017 11:05PM by deaner.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login