Posted by Skye 
Skye
Skye Nott
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Xratty

Gronholm rulez
February 15, 2006 12:20AM
I knew he would do well in the Ford. Get out of that awful 307 into a well sorted car... now the championship is an interesting battle.

I like all the privateers, new faces, new approach. I like the SuperRally system too, watching top drivers fight back from +5min down, with nothing to lose, makes for some very exciting in-car!!

Wish there was another snow event - like in Quebec. All this talk of "we're going to have a WRC in America" makes me ill. If it happens it will last as long as someone rich, or gullible, forks over millions to FIA/ISC/whoever, and when they lose interest, or come to their senses, it will be gone again. It would probably be embarassing to see where we are at in terms of international competition. In other words it will be just like Olympus all over again.

www.rallyrace.net
Please Login or Register to post a reply
hudson
Andrew McNally
Mega Moderator

Re: Gronholm rulez
February 15, 2006 01:58AM
I've enjoyed watching the last 2 WRC events. Gronholm is indeed good. I like how competitors can re-enter aswell. It'll be interesting to see how Gigi does this season.

Andrew M
Onterrible
30ish
Pete
Pete Remner
Ultra Moderator

February 15, 2006 06:59PM
That's what i get for not having cable. smiling smiley

I just about fell over when, back when I had access to cable, I was watching one of the first rallies with the 307 and it broke *again*, and Gronholm said (loosely here) "There's no power steering and 2 long stages to go, I'm FED UP WITN THIS CAR!"

OTOH the Focuseses weren't doing too well either around that time, something about having only one lever in the car, so if the steering column shifter failed they'd have to undo the handbrake and hook it up to the transmission. I dunno why they didn't just add another lever, they can't weigh *that* much!

Pete Remner
Cleveland, Ohio

1984 RX-7 (rallycross thing)
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2006 08:04PM by Pete.
Skye
Skye Nott
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Xratty

February 15, 2006 07:49PM
Yeah, that was a really stupid design. Engineers eye rolling smiley

www.rallyrace.net
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login