Posted by NoCoast 
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

Pike's Peak
July 03, 2006 08:53AM
So we went up on Friday night and camped at about 12,000 ft. There were 15 of us, approx 120 beers, two bottles of Mescal, and a dog. It was good fun. Went up in the morning to about 13,500 to spectate. Coffee, bacon, eggs, and sausage for b-fast. Was around 45 degrees most of the day. Rained in the afternoon and they ended up moving the finish line back. Delay after delay as they hoped for a clean run for Monster Tajima who spent thousands to come over this year. Never happened. Todd Moberly, in his new Group N STI, was running on non-gravel tires and had a high speed spin coming through the hairpin area known as the W's. The video makes you go, "Oh fuck" and fully understand why he pulled off. It was torrential downpour and the road became stupid slick and he happened to show up on near tarmac tires (right tire choice if it hadn't rained). Anyhow, if you want to see some pics go to specialstage photo section. The Suzuki was possibly one of the sickest vehicles I have ever personally seen and heard. Light weight, 1000 horsepower, AWD, equals sick and stupid quick.

Grant Hughes
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Attachments:
open | download - NoCoast.jpg (79.4 KB)
NoCoast.jpg
DR1665
Brian Driggs
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Keyboard. Deal with it.

Re: Pike's Peak
July 03, 2006 09:06AM
Pikes Peak is by far one my favorite places in the world to be.

EDIT:
I've been up and down twice. Once in a rental VW Passat. The other time in the Talon. I love it up there. I did not know you could camp at that elevation. Definitely something I would like to do someday. *Especially* this time of year. The hill climb is something I intend to see before I die.

Very cool picture, man.

Brian Driggs | KG7KCA | PHX, AZ | 89 Pajero
alterius non sit qui suus esse potest

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2006 10:14AM by DR1665.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login