> amateur budget rallyist who wants do get guidance
> before he wastes his time and money.

Sign me up.

BBRally Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Given that this forum is largely made up of
> malcontents, wannabes, and never-weres, nothing
> you read here is true.

It's unfortunate that someone with 20+ years exeperience in the rally community would feel the need to undermine the value of his commentary by using sweeping generalizations which disparage the thoughts and opinions of an entire group of people. Granted, there is no shortage of us-them talk over here, but to join simply to offer less-than-important information (his concern for the grassroots program does not change the fact that he published his opnion that an organizer should change sanctioning bodies) followed with a snide remark... What good does that do? How does that help rally in the US?

I'm a malcontent (at the way all the people who actually have the means to rally bicker like a bunch of bitches), a wannabe (just like Mustafa, only faster), and a never-were (one to sit back and let someone register just to argue) and all I need is one shred of truth to render your counterproductive post moot. Here it is:

This wannabe is doing everything in his power to build his rally car, to help others discover the great sport of rally, and to grow that sport in the southwest in ways that the rest of the rally community will have no choice but to stand in awe.

That's how I roll.

Brian Driggs | KG7KCA | PHX, AZ | 89 Pajero
alterius non sit qui suus esse potest
Please Login or Register to post a reply
B-
Barrett Dash
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Mazda3, Xrat

B-
Re: Not to pick on Charles but.....
December 22, 2006 03:01PM
"It's unfortunate that someone with 20+ years exeperience in the rally community would feel the need to undermine the value of his commentary by using sweeping generalizations which disparage the thoughts and opinions of an entire group of people. Granted, there is no shortage of us-them talk over here, but to join simply to offer less-than-important information (his concern for the grassroots program does not change the fact that he published his opnion that an organizer should change sanctioning bodies) followed with a snide remark... What good does that do? How does that help rally in the US?

I'm a malcontent (at the way all the people who actually have the means to rally bicker like a bunch of bitches), a wannabe (just like Mustafa, only faster), and a never-were (one to sit back and let someone register just to argue) and all I need is one shred of truth to render your counterproductive post moot. Here it is:

This wannabe is doing everything in his power to build his rally car, to help others discover the great sport of rally, and to grow that sport in the southwest in ways that the rest of the rally community will have no choice but to stand in awe.

That's how I roll."

Very well put..Good attitude! go make a difference and screw what the whiny-bitches
say..smiling smiley

Build the car, race the car, crash the car, fix the car..Repeat
BBRally
Ben Bradley
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Under Construction

December 24, 2006 12:30AM
DR1665 Wrote:

> It's unfortunate that someone with 20+ years
> exeperience in the rally community would feel the
> need to undermine the value of his commentary by
> using sweeping generalizations which disparage the
> thoughts and opinions of an entire group of
> people. Granted, there is no shortage of us-them

I hope you all will forgive me for that. I know I should not post messages when I'm in an irrational state of mind. I just felt that, if there is somebody in the NW that one should not pick on for wanting to benefit the sport for the competitor, it's Charles.

I made a jackass of myself, and I apologize. That was my first post, this might be my last, I don't know. I know many people on this list, and I hope I meet more. I want to see the sport succeed, and I don't think it helps anybody to have me post statements like that.

Ben "Never Was" Bradley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2006 12:32AM by BBRally.
sagsert
Mustafa Samli
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Gaylant VR4

December 24, 2006 11:02AM
Ben !!!

You make this your last post, you will get shitty tequila.
You stop posting here, you get shitty tequila.
You apologize here, you get shitty tequila.
You call yourself a "Never Was" ever ever ever, you get shitty tequila.

My friend, this is RallyAnarchy, where rally discussions in their rawest form are welcome, encouraged and requested. Speak your mind no matter how it sounds, you will always have time to reshape and arrange them here once you get them off your chest.

Happy holidays

Cheers
M.Samli
Phoenix AZ
Gaylant VR4
EVO III GSR (Stolen)

Rallies are no place for traitors
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

December 24, 2006 03:25PM
BBRally Wrote:
> DR1665 Wrote:
>
> > It's unfortunate that someone with 20+ years
> > exeperience in the rally community would feel
> the
> > need to undermine the value of his commentary
> by
> > using sweeping generalizations which
> disparage the
> > thoughts and opinions of an entire group of
> > people. Granted, there is no shortage of
> us-them
>
> I hope you all will forgive me for that. I know I
> should not post messages when I'm in an irrational
> state of mind. I just felt that, if there is
> somebody in the NW that one should not pick on for
> wanting to benefit the sport for the competitor,
> it's Charles.
>
> I made a jackass of myself, and I apologize. That
> was my first post, this might be my last, I don't
> know. I know many people on this list, and I hope
> I meet more. I want to see the sport succeed, and
> I don't think it helps anybody to have me post
> statements like that.
>
> Ben "Never Was" Bradley
>
>
>
> Edited 1 times. Last edit at Dec 24, 2006 by
> BBRally.

Ben, nobodys doubting the boy wants to sell lots of safety stuff, but he did come and blab an awful ot of utter and unrepantant bullshit when he was just starting out all about how the MR2 was the perfgect rally car and how he was doing 90 degree corners at 70 on back roads etc so his "veractity" is how shall we say compromised

But his statements are clearly silly. "Everybody" doesn't want to fuck around on asphalt, the fact that he deigns to speak for everybody shows he thinks poorly, indeed immaturely.
Reccomemnding one organisation over the other is also at this point kinda stupid.
One clique versus another--- they're still both cliques.

Really is troubling to see you who knows so well just how little clothing the king has to show such open contempt for those where who are showing courage and optimism in actually investing time and money and work into building cars.

Really, not to argue, why did you say that those here are malcontents, wannabes, and never-weres.

Are you content with how rally has not gone anywhere since you've been in it?
Swanker cars for sure but less entries than there are cars sitting, is the something we should be content with?

And wannabes?
I think here you'll find nearly all just wanna rally, they don't imagine they're going to fool anybody into thinking they're "Pro" just because they're in a shiney new whatever. I think the wannabes are found generally in newish blue Subies.

Is this you're real heart talking?
Or what?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

December 24, 2006 07:42PM
sagsert Wrote:
> You make this your last post, you will get shitty
> tequila.
> You stop posting here, you get shitty tequila.
> You apologize here, you get shitty tequila.
> You call yourself a "Never Was" ever ever ever,
> you get shitty tequila.

Actually I think Ben's going to be coming to the Colorado New Year's Party at Mitch's so he'll have free reign to expensive, good tequila. And lots of cheap beer.

I don't think Charles was saying anything out of the ordinary. I've heard this before from other competitors both here in CO and in other regions. Bitching about having to get two licenses, is, was and will continue to be a ridiculous complaint. He is trying to do alot for rally and I know he helped us with some money at Oregon Trails so at least he's giving back to the rally community so don't be so hard on the messenger. He is a fellow rallyist at the grassroots level.

As far as I am concerned, I'll try to support NASA as I think they are more oriented at keeping the sport affordable and open to all rally budget levels. Of course, I'll still attend a Rally America event if it's closer and thus cheaper event.

Personally I just want to be a rallyist. I don't want to segregate myself from the midwest, the PNW, the CRS, the east coast, big money Pastrana/Block/Iorio/etc., rallyists. We should all be a big family and even if people want to take sides with one organization over another that should be fine. But when it comes time to race and drink beer and build cars, I consider everyone in rally a friend, regardless of if we disagree on things like the future of US rally and the politics that go along with it. Though rivalry's do make for more interesting TV shows. Maybe Pastrana and Block should pretend to hate each other and maybe even get into a fist fight for the RA show next year.

Grant Hughes
sagsert
Mustafa Samli
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Gaylant VR4

December 24, 2006 11:31PM
If Ben doesn't respond like immediately I will be hard pressed to fly to CO tomorow with a bottle of cheap ass tequila.

Cheers
M.Samli
Phoenix AZ
Gaylant VR4
EVO III GSR (Stolen)

Rallies are no place for traitors
DR1665
Brian Driggs
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Keyboard. Deal with it.

December 25, 2006 02:44PM
NoCoast Wrote:
> Personally I just want to be a rallyist. I don't
> want to segregate myself from the midwest, the
> PNW, the CRS, the east coast, big money
> Pastrana/Block/Iorio/etc., rallyists. We should
> all be a big family and even if people want to
> take sides with one organization over another that
> should be fine. But when it comes time to race
> and drink beer and build cars, I consider everyone
> in rally a friend, regardless of if we disagree on
> things like the future of US rally and the
> politics that go along with it.

Well said. Sums up my sentiments exactly, Grant. I just decided long ago that I wasn't going to sit idly by while others talked shit about things which are importnat to me. I won't go looking for shit, but if it comes into my house, I'm all about remiving it promptly.

How about you send some snow east about 500 miles? I'm up in KC right now and it's all brown and cold, but no snow. WTF, mates?

Brian Driggs | KG7KCA | PHX, AZ | 89 Pajero
alterius non sit qui suus esse potest
BBRally
Ben Bradley
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Under Construction

December 26, 2006 02:31AM
sagsert Wrote:
> If Ben doesn't respond like immediately I will be
> hard pressed to fly to CO tomorow with a bottle of
> cheap ass tequila.

Sorry, didn't have internet connection for a day. But I replied, so I guess Mustafa is spared a flight to CO with cheap ass tequila. But we will have to drink some good tequila some time soon, Mustafa!

John wants to know where my heart is. I just like rally. I like people who rally. I have been a volunteer, competitor, and organizer for a long time. I hope to continue to do it for a long time. I absolutely love helping new people get involved, which is critical. But you wouldn't know it from that first post of mine on this list, and for that I still feel like an idiot.

I was standing up for Charles, sure, but I said some dumb things which had no bearing on that. I guess I thought I was trying to be funny or something, but obviously that failed.

I have done a lot of co-driving, but I do want to build a car and try driving. I have several ideas in mind, which range in age from 1966 to 1988, and all are rear-wheel-drive. Whether I ever get anything out on the stages remains to be seen. I do know that I don't want to drive an AWD rally car.

I have a Rally American regional license. I have NASA membership and a regional license. I have a CARS permit to compete in Canada. I have tried to compete on a national level, but even as a co-driver without the expenses of a car, I just can't afford to do that. So I mainly compete or work NW events, and try to attend a couple events out of the area each year.

I am frustrated by the negativity that seems to be out there in the rally community these days. I have absolutely no idea of how to solve it, but most of the times that I attend a rally, regardless of where it is or who the sanctioning body is, I end up having a splendid thrash through the woods, then partying with good friends afterwards, and hopefully making new friends. I no longer have the delusions of grandeur that I once did, and I'm OK with that.

And yes, I did finally make it to Colorado after my flight was cancelled. Let me tell you about how much fun a 30+ hour ride on a packed Greyhound bus can be. But I did make that Broncos game yesterday, and I do plan to be at Mitch's New Year's Eve party.

Ben
Nemesis
Thomas
Professional Moderator

December 26, 2006 04:20PM
What a bunch of whiners !

Since when is someone not entitled to have their opinion and post it freely. Here is a guy who started his business after having suffered a death in his family because of a motor vehicle accident.

He started his business "Safe Drives" for a reason, and the fact that there's a suggestion on this thread to "boycott" his business because of his opinion is disgusting, juvinille, and immature. Since when can't someone freely express an opinion without being punished for it ???

Yeah he feels the MR2 is a great car, others feel "the brick" is a great car, others feel... so fucking what !!! Let people have thier opinions about what they chose to build and drive.

Ben is a decent guy, more decent than most ! He came back here and apologized for his words, an apology that I feel wasn't necessary because a lot of you are a bunch of low class under educated small minded people.

Yeah 2 sanctioning bodies suck !

One is better - obviously.

But maybe the people who send so much energy whining should start a 3rd one. Instead of pissing away your energy by bitching so much to no end... go out and pound the pavement and start your own Sanctioning Body.

john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

December 26, 2006 04:48PM
Nemesis Wrote:
> What a bunch of whiners !
There was no suggestion at all to boycott his business, put down the pipe and wash your eyes out.
>
> Since when is someone not entitled to have their
> opinion and post it freely. Here is a guy who
> started his business after having suffered a death
> in his family because of a motor vehicle accident.
>
>
> He started his business "Safe Drives" for a
> reason, and the fact that there's a suggestion on
> this thread to "boycott" his business because of
> his opinion is disgusting, juvinille, and
> immature. Since when can't someone freely express
> an opinion without being punished for it ???
>
> Yeah he feels the MR2 is a great car, others feel
> "the brick" is a great car, others feel... so
> fucking what !!! Let people have thier opinions
> about what they chose to build and drive.

Still can't fuckin read?
No complaints that he "felt" that a MR@ was a good car, but if you could fucking read, you would see that it said that he came on to SS.com and was countering any kind of suggestion about the unsuitability of the MR2 with huges doese of utterly preposterous bullshit about how when he's been out "playing rally-racer" he was doing all sorts of death defying shit, utter BS.
If you didn't read it then go fuckin search but untill then shut your fuckin mouth.
>
> Ben is a decent guy, more decent than most ! He
> came back here and apologized for his words, an
> apology that I feel wasn't necessary because a lot
> of you are a bunch of low class under educated
> small minded people.

I've known Ben since he statrted in this sport, he knows there are lots of people here who have done pretty OK in this sport, and nobody here is POSING as anything thery aren't, except of course YOU (who won't put a name and address but we know its you wahtever the fuck you are from up in Hippy-paradise island in BC).
It is because I know him for nearly 17 years that I am surprised that he calls the people HERE malcontents and especially "Wannabees", especially in light of the lack of that kind of comment of the shenanigans of people on SS.com.

As for us being low class, under educated, small minded people, since presumably you've met maybe ZERO of us, how did you arrive at that conclusion?
No interchange with you has been at a level where any of thoise qualitites would be an issue since your entire contibution to this and SS.com isd to complain about us.
Anonymously, like the coward you are.
WE at least put our names and where we are from clearly in the siggy, one of the only 2 rules here, and you violating both.
>
> Yeah 2 sanctioning bodies suck !
>
> One is better - obviously.
>
> But maybe the people who send so much energy
> whining should start a 3rd one. Instead of pissing
> away your energy by bitching so much to no end...
> go out and pound the pavement and start your own
> Sanctioning Body.
Again, your total contributions at SS.com before you were banned for blatant assholitudinous behavior and all you have done here is to complain about us .

Actually, you fit better there, cause your big concern with propriety, while not being a driver, co-driver, builder, mechanic or anything more than a fuckin MENACE, is what far too many there are.

You have something to contribute??
Any advice on anything specific?

Nothing at all, no prep, no driving, no tactical, no nothing?
Thought so.
Shut up.

>
>

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Nemesis
Thomas
Professional Moderator

December 26, 2006 04:58PM
John,

I have no idea what you are rambling on about or the person you think I am.

My reference was to this post :

"Re: Not to pick on Charles but.....
Posted by: derek (216.163.80.---)
Date: December 22, 2006

Charles is the head of Safe Drives so think about that when shopping.

He also thinks the MR2 is the most fantastic P car ever."

You must have missed that ?
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

December 26, 2006 05:17PM
Nemesis Wrote:
> John,
>
> I have no idea what you are rambling on about or
> the person you think I am.
Well I think you're Thomas whatever the fuck your name is. Some Square-head or herring choker name up in the islands of BC.

See what happens when people are silly and cook up cutesey fucking screeen names?
THAT is why it's a requirement here to have names and locations, to weed out internet predators, and assholes.
If that's NOT who you are then oh well, you should have put your name and location so we wouldn't mistake you for that asshole.

>
> My reference was to this post :
>
> "Re: Not to pick on Charles but.....
> Posted by: derek (216.163.80.---)
> Date: December 22, 2006
>
>
> Charles is the head of Safe Drives so think about
> that when shopping.
>
> He also thinks the MR2 is the most fantastic P car
> ever."
>
> You must have missed that ?

THAT?
Well Derek did read all the absolutely rediculous things that Buren wrote and how he was going to prove it to everybody and win everything, so Derek is right to be very wary of anything a person who lies and boasts so much says, only a fool wouldn't be.

(For the record, Charles had a string of DNFs and engine failures and a lot of near dead last stage times, and uncerimoniously dumped the car after a few events, so maybe what some were warning him about came to pass----otherwise he would still be prving how awsome the cars were. I mean how do you break a stock Toyota 4AGE?)

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
hoche
Michel Hoche-Mong
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Golf, Golf, RX-3

December 26, 2006 09:07PM
Did Charles build the MR2 that Lou and Randee have been struggling with for the past two years? They posted some pretty impressive stage times with it - when they could keep the thing in one piece. I've never seen a car with so many problems, though.

I haven't talked to them in awhile, but I hear they finally dumped it and now have a Fucus.

Self-righteous douche canoe
gilbrock
Eli Gilbert
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
91 Galant, 02 WRX

December 27, 2006 10:50AM
I love bit tits.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login