Posted by derek 
derek
Derek Bottles
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Past: 323, RX2, GTI. Next up M3 ?

Motor head madeness at work
March 15, 2007 02:54PM
So I got to spend about an hours yesterday shooting the bull with The Sr. way the high up there dude from down the hall.

He was looking at my rally photos talking about his days in dirt track, Stock Car Racing, and then moto cross when the dirt car got too spendy.

Hell of a nice guy and it is nice to have someone else that has rolled their car up into a ball during a race, makes it easy to realate.

He was asking me about left foot braking and how to make FWD car go big sideways. I said one must commit more than 95% or it not work. He told me how he learned how to brake on dirt trak. He was told to drive full speed into cornner and when you felt you should brake do not. When your hart is in your neck and you are sure you are going to die and all the little bugs are bailing out of the car as they are shure they are going to die too in the empending fire bal. Count to 3 then brake hard, toss it in and full power.

I said yep that is exactly the way we do it too.

Derek

In the long run reality always wins.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
mack73
Jason Wine
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Started a Golf... Never Finished It

Re: Motor head madeness at work
March 15, 2007 03:55PM
I have a similar story, I was telling my co-workers about building the car and I come to find out my manager worked on a service crew for some subies years ago and another is a super die hard fan who goes out to all the races

And now they ask me about my progress every week - I think they are getting a bigger thrill out of this than me

But I may have found some free crew members winking smiley

-Jason
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login