Posted by sauna rocks 
sauna rocks
jake himes
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Rx7 (1st gen shell/2nd gen goodies), Pretty soon a bitchin' Capri

a few thoughts on Forum behavior
April 14, 2007 09:56AM
I don't run this place that's for sure. But for what it's worth I think we owe it all to ourselves to refrain from personal attacks on the forum. My opinion is that it's raises the caliber of discussion if we talk to each other with respect. If someone says something that really makes you angry send them a PM and duke it out there. I figured that I would share my outlook because that's what we do here.

As far as MaxAttack! goes...if things get ugly in a discussion with our name on it or in the subject I'm outta here. We have worked too hard to have our name mean positive things to see it turn up on a google search surrounded by bashing, angry posts.

I love this forum but I love the MaxAttack! project more. This isn't some threat, I'm just hoping we can keep good discussions on the series positive.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Re: a few thoughts on Forum behavior
April 14, 2007 10:16AM
sauna rocks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't run this place that's for sure. But for
> what it's worth I think we owe it all to ourselves
> to refrain from personal attacks on the forum. My
> opinion is that it's raises the caliber of
> discussion if we talk to each other with respect.
> If someone says something that really makes you
> angry send them a PM and duke it out there. I
> figured that I would share my outlook because
> that's what we do here.
>
> As far as MaxAttack! goes...if things get ugly in
> a discussion with our name on it or in the subject
> I'm outta here. We have worked too hard to have
> our name mean positive things to see it turn up on
> a google search surrounded by bashing, angry
> posts.
>
> I love this forum but I love the MaxAttack!
> project more. This isn't some threat, I'm just
> hoping we can keep good discussions on the series
> positive.

I agree even if it si getting close to the other rule, aside from rule about REAL NAMES, and that rule is "NO USE OF THE WORDS DECORUM" in a serious manner.

We have Special Stage for edited, well scrubbed, white boys from the burbs, Cheeerleading "ain't everything just marvelous?" type discussions.

But yeah, that post by that kid who I have absolutely no idea of where he's coming from or why he needs to be a snot, well it makes me cringe.
Perhaps he will actuallly do as I suggested and come back and do the right thing, and acknowlede that some of us have been spending serious amount of time for YEARS trying to find info and parts to make it possible for more guys to have better cars, so they have way more fun and STAY IN THE SPORT LONGER.

Jake, you and Lurch and Bob Olsen have done a good thing here, the best thing really and the singl;e thing with a CHANCE of changing the direction of US Rally from a pointless dazzle of a couple or 4 millionaies playing, to a sport with the beginnings of a solid FOUNDATION to build on.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
sauna rocks
jake himes
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Rx7 (1st gen shell/2nd gen goodies), Pretty soon a bitchin' Capri

Re: a few thoughts on Forum behavior
April 14, 2007 03:14PM
I do like when we all get along, it's just better that we don't let our differences stop of from having good discussions over the sport we all love. Sometimes we all need to bite our tongue sometimes we need to be patient.

My personal philosophy is to put your best foot forward and appreciate the chance I have to be a part of something as awesome as rally. I am constantly amazed by the dedication I see as well as the press on regardless attitude amongst the ranks. I'm only 32 but I've seen enough to know that rally folks are a totally unique bunch.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login