ChrisKobi
Chris Kobayashi
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
2000 ford focus zx3

Re: Olympus 2014
June 20, 2014 08:52PM
Wow this kind of blew up.

I appreciate all the advice from everyone. Everyone has different experiences and have learned differently and has different ways of seeing things. All great thoughts thanks for taking the time to help out a new driver!
Not sure how the nut flexing got started but it's beside the point.

Whether I go to a school or find a skilled driver that can convey what I need to know it's something. Yeah school will cost me an LSD or a better gear ratio but with out some sort of foundation to build skills on they are useless. So the point really is getting a good foundation to build on and at this point almost anything is better than nothing.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
MConte05
Matthew Conte
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
1991 Subaru Legacy Turbozzzzzz

June 20, 2014 09:06PM
ChrisKobi
Wow this kind of blew up.

Welcome to the Anarchy!
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

June 20, 2014 10:07PM
Morison
john vanlandingham
Well if that's the case--- why, since that's more or less exactly what all you boys are so insistent that Chris go pay a thousand dollars to hear---
See, that's where you've got it wrong.
The purpose of going to a school is to see, be seen, be corrected as needed, and to do enough so you understand what you need to work on, and how to work on it. Many of us think Chris can learn more, faster, and ultimately cheaper by going to a school. You don't, and that's fine...

john vanlandingham
and why all this efforts to prove I was last place Charlie as your little shadow began and you went along with?
It was more a reaction to the disappointment I felt. I went digging back to have a look at the results and couldn't find anything that matched your stories. I'm sure the results are out there somewhere, but not online apparently.

john vanlandingham
And why no lecturing you buddies about their slander?
Probably because I'm not really seeing any. The borderline stuff is almost exclusively in response to fairly strong personal attacks by you... which sorta mitigates how one would take what they are saying.

Fuck, if you don't see it you're fucking blind--or a liar.

And a big hint: It was before all the children decided eve4r turd they deposit needed a video and a update obn a Blog...

Before the inter-net for most of the world--ya know?---except the really super annoying cleched to fuck nerd types..
Is it a shock that most human history and happeneings is not archived?

Fuck--you can't even find Rocky Mountain 1987... Watch the TV show the Shawn posted, results are there I think. Look in the Calgary paper or Pincher creek paper..
duh.
(what the fuck is it---you seem to have a lot of trouble finding things...why's that?)

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Morison
Banned
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
(ex)86 RX-7(built), (ex)2.5RS (bought)

June 20, 2014 11:19PM
john vanfalsedichotomy
Fuck, if you don't see it you're fucking blind--or a liar.
This is easy to see.

john vanlburdenofproofreversal
And a big hint: It was before all the children decided eve4r turd they deposit needed a video and a update obn a Blog... Fuck--you can't even find Rocky Mountain 1987... Watch the TV show the Shawn posted, results are there I think.
Until now, I didn't even know what year you came out here and placed 7th. That said, the 87 RMR doesn't seem to be in shawn's videos... but I didn't look too hard for it either. (edited to add: found the link, the video isn't online anymore.)

john adhominem
(what the fuck is it---you seem to have a lot of trouble finding things...why's that?)
Because It's not really down to me to find this stuff... in the end, it's trivial and not really worth getting your knickers in a twist over. Just try being a bit more humble and none of this would have happened.

As examples:
You don't see me going on about how great a driver I am and how I've had the fastest overall time on a stage... I have, but... it was a regional and the really fast cars didn't show up at that event. (http://www.rallyracingnews.com/cars/kananaskis04-results.html... last stage, moved me from 4th to 3rd)

Nor do you see me boasting about the time my driver and I were only 1.7 seconds slower than Travis Pastrana on an 11+ minute stage at OTR (http://www.rallyracingnews.com/ra/ot06-natres.html, Leblanc ss18), because even if it is legit, we also know that we were pushing to make up time I earned us with a timing penalty (one of only two events I've taken timing penalties), while Pastrana had an overall lead of about 1m20s going into the stage. Suggesting it is at all representative of our relative pace to Tragic Pastrami would be fundamentally dishonest. (That was actually a really fun year...)

that little voice in my head
Saying certain things to show what sort of things you don't tend to say... Oh, the ironing.

poor bastid we were all trying to help
So the point really is getting a good foundation to build on and at this point almost anything is better than nothing.
Glad you were able to see through the noise.

First Rally: 2001
Driver (7), Co-Driver (44)
Drivers (16)
Clerk (10), Official (7), Volunteer (4)
Cars Built (1), Engines Built (0) Cages Built (0)
Last Updated, January 4, 2015

john vanlandingham
Blame is for idiots. losers.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2014 10:46AM by Morison.
AlanO
Alan Ockwell
Super Moderator

June 21, 2014 10:44AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login