Posted by NoCoast 
wvonkessler
Wilson von Kessler
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Colts are in Finland; now '87 325i, '89 325i

Re: Idaho 2014
June 25, 2014 09:26PM
This is so freaking awesome! Love me some 122/amazon! Put in rack and pinion and have some fun!

12xalt
heymagic

So ya, good VW turnout Robert. Was the 122 a really clean old grey one that I just logged?
looked blue to me

does that mean there's another one out there?

"Talk about drugs. Driving a car like that, going that fast, it’s like all the drugs at once." - Tommy Byrne

"Now, Pinky, if by any chance you are captured during this mission, remember you are Gunther Heindriksen from Appenzell. You moved to Grindelwald to drive the cog train to Murren. Can you repeat that?" - The Brain
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Rallyst165
Joel Pacello
Elite Moderator

June 25, 2014 09:41PM
hoche
Oh, I see. What is sounds like is maybe the general call didn't actually get to Net Control until after the Tabors got there. That would indeed be kind of a problem.

Yes, from what I understand that's how it went down. The marshall that stopped us was on the radio with the marshall on scene. There wasn't a HAM at that location. He didn't have any relevant information for me other then a car hit a tree. We would not have left if I we we're told to hold so sweep could get by.
turoc
Ozgur Simsek
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
working on a Veedub

June 25, 2014 09:51PM
Several years back at Black river stages I ended up center punching another competitor 3miles or so in after a double crest downhill L3 or 4 as they were blocking the stage diagonally with no lights, triangles or signs roughly at midnight as there were delays and gotta say was the scariest shit i experienced in a rally car (had a couple of offs, ran into a tree with brake failure etc...) I hit them so hard, punted them into a ditch. My sister who was codriving ran up the hill with triangles and OK sign as i attended the driver and codriver. They were both still in the car, thankfully belted and apparently stalled the car but couldnt restart it. Driver was shaken up and dazed and codriver took a while to respond but was fine. I was beyond pissed off as these competitors always disregarded rules etc... A couple years later they got DQed at an event and I believe eventually put on probation and stopped running.
If there will not be harsh punishment/suspension etc of some sort all is a waste until someone really gets hurt/killed.
I have to say I have stopped and checked on competitors while several cars in front have not at some events as well. Once even stopped to check on a competitor that had no signs or triangles -turns out they were working on car. Without given me a heads up they put hood down and took off in front of me and had to follow them while they limped out of stage...

rally gods would turn in their graves if they ever knew Lada's were now part of EU rallying!!!
Erik Christiansen
Erik Christiansen
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
VW GTI

June 27, 2014 01:02AM
hoche
Rallyst165
At that time I don't believe they even Knew what was going on. It was a Marshall with a FRS Radio that stopped us. EMT's weren't dispatched for another 20 minutes of us arriving on scene.

I know the EMT was dispatched as within a minute or two of the time the red cross was announced on the radio. The ambulance wasn't dispatched until later, but the EMT was on the move pretty quickly.

Now, I don't know how long it took news to get to Net Control, or where the EMT was stationed or what route they took, but they were definitely dispatched promptly.

I wasn't at the scene, but one thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is that there was a radio control right there. The instruction was: "Cr into !R4- o.c. /Cr lg (RC)". Did this radio control call it in? How did the worker with an FRS know to stop Joel?
Rallyst165
Joel Pacello
Elite Moderator

June 28, 2014 12:29AM
There wasn't a radio control there. The worker that stopped us only knew about the red cross from talking to the worker on scene which also only had an FRS.
12xalt
"oh! you're the one!"
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
1974 Dodge Colt, under construction

June 28, 2014 02:30AM
a few of the pics my friend took, the rest are on fb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2014 02:32AM by 12xalt.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login