Posted by Jim Robison 
Jim Robison
Jim Robison
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
1974 Volvo 142

Mendocino Rally
June 25, 2014 04:28PM
Regular entry for the 2014 Mendocino Rally closes in a week, on June 30, with a fee bump on July 1st. The out-of-region towing allowance is also reduced on July 1st, so if you are thinking about entering, now would be a good time.

The Best of the Best

We took the best of 2011 and 2012, and combined it with the best of 2013. For 2014, we are combining the comfort and facilities of Ukiah with the roads of Walker Ridge and South Cow Mountain. We return to the Welcome Party at Parducci Winery, the camaraderie of the gathering at the Mendocino Brewing Ale House, the hospitality of the Hampton Inn and the Comfort Inn. But we weren’t content with repeating the best of the past. For 2014, we are welcoming Ken Fowler Subaru as our new sponsor, and we added a new finish location, Crush, where we can celebrate the podium winners in the parking lot and the class winners in the banquet where food and beverages will be available.

Breaking News

Rally America has just appointed Paula Gibeault as the Official Steward for the 2014 Mendocino Rally. Paula has been a valuable volunteer every year and we welcome her back in her new role.

Jim Robison
MendocinoRally.Com
KJ6MRV
Please Login or Register to post a reply
12xalt
"oh! you're the one!"
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
1974 Dodge Colt, under construction

Re: Mendocino Rally
June 25, 2014 04:53PM
I really need to make it back down there again one of these days.

Looking forward to seeing lots of pics!
Gravity Fed
Alex Staidle
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Various Heaps

June 26, 2014 10:58AM
if anyone needs a co-driver.... smiling smiley

First Rally: 2010 First RallyX: 2004 (a bunch)
Driver (0), Co-Driver (7)
Organizer (3), Volunteer (3)
Cars Built (2.5), Engines Blown (2) Cages Built (0) # of rotations (3.5)
Last Updated, Apr 9, 2023
A1337STI
Alex Rademacher
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
93 GC with an 01 RS swap!

June 26, 2014 11:21AM
very fun rally. smiling smiley

If Aleana didn't require so much constant attention i would volunteer.. but i'm imagining that if i'm a road block and i'm calling in which cars went by ... that's when Aleana will need a diaper change or a bottle, etc, ... heh ..

Maybe if my wife can come too, but she mostly works weekends (so we don't need day care)

hmmf might have to wait for Aleana to get just a little older.
Anders Green
Anders Green
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Parked

June 26, 2014 01:00PM
I'd actually go now. I found my daughter to be managable at rallies when very young... but then when she became more mobile and verbal after the age, of oh, two years it was MUCH harder. Right now, it's pretty impossible (age 4).

So take her now, while you can. If Amy and I can organize a rally with a baby, you can manage a road block. It's fun! smiling smiley

Anders

Grassroots rally. It's what I think about.
frumby
Jason Hynd
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
XR4TI a slow build!

June 26, 2014 05:43PM
Yea.. I have three boys and a fourth on the way. It DOES NOT GET EASIER! The older they get the more trouble they get into, and they constantly demand attention.
Little one: They may complain, but they're parked, thus essentially easy. Go volunteer. Bring food. Have a blast!
A1337STI
Alex Rademacher
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:

June 26, 2014 06:40PM
Oh she already can RUN fast enough that you have to at least jog to catch her. she can manipulate objects, switches. Yet still in a diaper.

she's also my first child so of course i have no idea what i'm doing (parenting wise) lol

But i like all the "just do it" advise ... I'll run the idea by the wife and see . I think jeana works that weekend so I'd be taking Aleana out of state and my wife would be all alone. hmmf maybe i'll just volunteer 1 day ...

i'll see what the wifey thinks
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

June 26, 2014 07:38PM
A1337STI
Oh she already can RUN fast enough that you have to at least jog to catch her. she can manipulate objects, switches. Yet still in a diaper.

she's also my first child so of course i have no idea what i'm doing (parenting wise) lol

But i like all the "just do it" advise ... I'll run the idea by the wife and see . I think jeana works that weekend so I'd be taking Aleana out of state and my wife would be all alone. hmmf maybe i'll just volunteer 1 day ...

i'll see what the wifey thinks

Yeah, come on Alex, lame excuse! My littlest was out stomping in the weeds "spectating " while her little sister was just a couple of months from sliding out...Take hats and brullies and lots of liquids and spare nappies and have a good time.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
12xalt
"oh! you're the one!"
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
1974 Dodge Colt, under construction

June 26, 2014 08:19PM
I started getting dragged along around the age of 5 (only because my parents didn't know what rally was before then).

My brothers, they've been going their whole lives (ok, well, they don't go to much anymore because they suck)
Gravity Fed
Alex Staidle
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Various Heaps

June 26, 2014 08:20PM
still looking for a ride

First Rally: 2010 First RallyX: 2004 (a bunch)
Driver (0), Co-Driver (7)
Organizer (3), Volunteer (3)
Cars Built (2.5), Engines Blown (2) Cages Built (0) # of rotations (3.5)
Last Updated, Apr 9, 2023
Morison
Banned
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
(ex)86 RX-7(built), (ex)2.5RS (bought)

June 26, 2014 08:58PM
john vanlandingham
My littlest was out stomping in the weeds "spectating " while her little sister was just a couple of months from sliding out...
I didn't realize your girls were in their 20s.
(I keeed, I keeed)

First Rally: 2001
Driver (7), Co-Driver (44)
Drivers (16)
Clerk (10), Official (7), Volunteer (4)
Cars Built (1), Engines Built (0) Cages Built (0)
Last Updated, January 4, 2015

john vanlandingham
Blame is for idiots. losers.
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

June 26, 2014 09:41PM
I seriously thought about bringing my 2 year old to Idaho. The 14 hour car ride would have been worst part.

Grant Hughes
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

June 26, 2014 11:10PM
NoCoast
I seriously thought about bringing my 2 year old to Idaho. The 14 hour car ride would have been worst part.

Yeah but they sleep a lot and you CAN pull over and run around the car... Try sending a few weeks crossing the Atlantic in storm season with 5 , 4 and 2 year old..My parents did it with us. we survived, they survived..

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

June 27, 2014 09:10AM
john vanlandingham
NoCoast

Yeah but they sleep a lot and you CAN pull over and run around the car... Try sending a few weeks crossing the Atlantic in storm season with 5 , 4 and 2 year old..My parents did it with us. we survived, they survived..

Traveling for necessity is a little different than traveling for fun. We've done 12 hour trips in the car and it only worked as we timed it so she was asleep most of the time.

Grant Hughes
A1337STI
Alex Rademacher
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:

June 27, 2014 06:38PM
NoCoast
john vanlandingham
NoCoast

Traveling for necessity is a little different than traveling for fun. We've done 12 hour trips in the car and it only worked as we timed it so she was asleep most of the time.

Winner Winner. Yes i volunteer to give back to the rally community, but also because i find it find.

I can't stand Aleana crying , and she oddly seems to cry in car rides a lot. she'll go from perfectly happy to crying / screaming cause you stuck her in a car seat .

she is a bit better in the front facing seats.. but still can get really cranky . Odd since she was literally in the Womb for a rally race! shouldn't she love rally already?

i may do a test run this weekend (hour long dirt drive with 20 minutes back home) and see if she can't start to learn to love it. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login