ChrisKobi
Chris Kobayashi
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
2000 ford focus zx3

Re: Louie Louie Rally?
January 22, 2015 09:51PM
Anders,
I havent seen or heard anything about Louie Louie, Saw a quick sentance on FB about it and the person running it said they would post information on it on friday... That was last friday.

Steve warren is running a sprint on March 7th in Shelton, i believe its a stage from Olympus. Heres what he says.

Welcome to the Matthew Noble-Marker " Livin' the Dream '15" Rally Sprint, Round 1 of the 2015 Warren Rally Sport Sprint Series.

Matthew Noble-Marker epitomized everything good about rally. He was a free-spirit who lived to rally, always willing to help anyone in need, he was a lovable goofball and a fierce competitor who touched the hearts of all who knew him. Born in 1979 and a native of Elk Rapids, MI, Matt lost his life doing what he loved in a tragic accident in 2011 here in Washington State. With the blessing of the Marker Family we are proud and honored to keep Matt's Dream Alive..."Livin' the Dream 2015"

The Sprint Stage covers a total distance of 5 miles over the gravel roads North West of Shelton WA. 45% of the stage is wide, fast and flowing before diving into an acute corner at the spectator area and becoming tight and fast with a handful of hair raising blind acute corners enroute to finish. The teams will make 3 runs from North to South before breaking for lunch and service and then making 3 more runs in the reverse direction. Complete event details will be posted in the next couple of weeks, Steven Warren, Warren Rally Sport

Look up Warren Rally sport on FB and you can get more info when its put out there.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
steevano61
steven warren
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
1979 RX 7

January 24, 2015 08:59AM
close Chris, its across the road from an Olympus stage but its all county roads not Green Diamond. Terry was shooting for a Feb. 14th date but I spoke with sanctioning body yesterday and since they asked me if I knew what was up with Louie Louie it would be fair to say that date is out. I spoke with Terry last week and know he's been very busy so I'd look to early fall for the event.
ChrisKobi
Chris Kobayashi
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
2000 ford focus zx3

January 24, 2015 01:37PM
steevano61
close Chris, its across the road from an Olympus stage but its all county roads not Green Diamond. Terry was shooting for a Feb. 14th date but I spoke with sanctioning body yesterday and since they asked me if I knew what was up with Louie Louie it would be fair to say that date is out. I spoke with Terry last week and know he's been very busy so I'd look to early fall for the event.

Cool, Thanks Steven!
Anders Green
Anders Green
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Parked

February 07, 2015 04:18PM

Link no longer works?

Grassroots rally. It's what I think about.
loveNWlife
Matt Turner
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
1994 Subaru Impreza L

February 12, 2015 05:04PM
Anymore word on this? I live in Vancouver, WA and would love to volunteer or spectate! There is nothing on Rallydata either.
steevano61
steven warren
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
1979 RX 7

February 13, 2015 12:56PM
Speaking from a personal POV and in no way for this event...

When the time is right I'm sure we will be informed. I hope Louie Louie takes a long look at the mistakes I made with the rally sprint and continues to play it close to the vest. Open, Honest and Continuing communication with the public has no place in event organizing in rally. Keeping silent, crossing your T's, dotting your I's and working off the grid is paramount to success. Speculation and questioning about this or other new events in public creates a negative image or perception and that is exactly the opposite of what we should be doing.

Louie Louie, I hope all is progressing well. You have my full support and if there is anything I can do to help please ask.

Good Luck.

steven
Andrew_Frick
Andrew Frick
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Rally Spec Ford Focus

February 16, 2015 11:49AM
steevano61

When the time is right I'm sure we will be informed. I hope Louie Louie takes a long look at the mistakes I made with the rally sprint and continues to play it close to the vest. Open, Honest and Continuing communication with the public has no place in event organizing in rally. Keeping silent, crossing your T's, dotting your I's and working off the grid is paramount to success. Speculation and questioning about this or other new events in public creates a negative image or perception and that is exactly the opposite of what we should be doing.

Louie Louie, I hope all is progressing well. You have my full support and if there is anything I can do to help please ask.

Good Luck.

steven

I understand you had a bad experience with your rally sprint but I do not think hiding all of the details about the rally is a recipe for success. Rally needs to get out of the mindset that there is some other group out there that has control over the fate of an event or group of events. Getting the details right is important but you can't just do the details or else no one will come to the event as they will not know about it.
imnotcrazy
Don Kennedy
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Impreza

February 17, 2015 11:59AM
steevano61

Good Luck.

steven
Apparently, in other words, go back to the good old days 20 or more years ago? Forget social media, forget the internet, forget email. If you knew somebody, or were part of a club, you knew about the event and helped put it on or ran it. Otherwise, no one else knew about it until after the fact, maybe. It worked then. It could work again.

Don Kennedy
steevano61
steven warren
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
1979 RX 7

February 27, 2015 03:12PM
[[/quote]

I understand you had a bad experience with your rally sprint but I do not think hiding all of the details about the rally is a recipe for success. Rally needs to get out of the mindset that there is some other group out there that has control over the fate of an event or group of events. Getting the details right is important but you can't just do the details or else no one will come to the event as they will not know about it.[/quote]

If you actually believe that there are not people who have or can control groups/events and or their fate you are Very Very Sadly Mistaken. My blind ignorance or refusal to believe that ended very badly. I let down many people who believed in and trusted me, but what hurts the most is for the handful of people who knew the issues at play yet stepped in anyway to help make it work and were hung out to dry for doing so.
Andrew_Frick
Andrew Frick
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Rally Spec Ford Focus

March 02, 2015 09:58AM
steevano61
If you actually believe that there are not people who have or can control groups/events and or their fate you are Very Very Sadly Mistaken. My blind ignorance or refusal to believe that ended very badly. I let down many people who believed in and trusted me, but what hurts the most is for the handful of people who knew the issues at play yet stepped in anyway to help make it work and were hung out to dry for doing so.

Steve, Rally is so small. My point was that rally needs to stop talking about how other people or some higher up, I am not even sure what the means in US rally, are preventing rallies from happening and start doing more to make sure rallies actually happen.

If you feel that someone purposely destroyed your event more some reason you should state that publicly. Continuing to discuss the rally sprint in vague terms and stating that things outside of your control helps no one. It does not help you. It does not help other potential organizers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login