Rally Chat
Don\
Welcome! Log In Register

Advanced

Silly national vs regional scoring causes more dufuses to claim to WIN rally at NEFR....

Posted by Josh Wimpey 
Josh Wimpey
Josh Wimpey
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Sneak the Golf

eye rolling smiley

Faceplace and Jaloptown filled with nonsense.

Carry on.

____________________________________________________________-

One. Class -- 2WD

www.quantumrallysport.com

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/Quantum-Rally-Sport/281129179600?ref=nf
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Morison
Banned
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
(ex)86 RX-7(built), (ex)2.5RS (bought)

Happens all the time... see it on here all the time.

First Rally: 2001
Driver (7), Co-Driver (44)
Drivers (16)
Clerk (10), Official (7), Volunteer (4)
Cars Built (1), Engines Built (0) Cages Built (0)
Last Updated, January 4, 2015

john vanlandingham
Blame is for idiots. losers.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Josh Wimpey
eye rolling smiley

Faceplace and Jaloptown filled with nonsense.

Carry on.

Slinks to said nonsense?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
heymagic
Banned
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

What a horrible tease Josh...no soup for you!!
A1337STI
Alex Rademacher
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
93 GC with an 01 RS swap!

yes we need links to see these extra winners smiling smiley
Anders Green
Anders Green
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Parked

Probably one here:

http://jalopnik.com/holy-shit-raphael-orlove-and-wyatt-knox-just-won-a-ra-1607849444

Tired... barely have the energy to type "more winners will save rally". Dammit, wrong thread. smiling smiley

Anders

Grassroots rally. It's what I think about.
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

A1337STI
Alex Rademacher
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:

lol never realized how an RA national event is a bit like SCCA Autocross . lots of classes that could be won between the national and regional events and classes.

hey what ever though. if it makes them happy , and maybe they will come back sooner.

then yes winners will save rally

I did love how USRC did their scoring (well in some years lol) . Open 4wd included every single 4wd car. open 2wd included every single 2wd car

production cars ran in production class, but were also Forced to be scored with the open boys.
lets them feel special, and let everyone else see how slow they were (joking cause i was running production 2wd for a while in usrc its only a dig at myself) smiling smiley
heymagic
Banned
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

So a G2 win on one regional event but 5th OA , good but no big deal and certainly not a rally win...a class win. Dating the gal that does the makeup for a Playboy photoshoot tain't the same as dating the actual model....doh!
MConte05
Matthew Conte
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
1991 Subaru Legacy Turbozzzzzz

It's annoying, but happens every time at every race.

Only time it really irks me is when claiming overall status.

Can't place last in open national, ending up being 15th out of 16 national entries, and then claim you got 15th overall out of 60 cars. When in reality you were really 45th overall out of 60 cars. That's just insulting.
heymagic
Banned
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

Gold stars will save rally!!

I just don't know how we managed in the old days with just Open, P and PGT. We was robbed I tell ya, robbed.

One 2wd class, one awd class and Bspec if enough manufactures kick funding in. To be fair the actual competitors forced into G2 and OL should be scored additionally in a novice class. National champ must be in a SP car.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Surprisingly little vehemence from the ex-surts here in the face of this:
Holy Shit Raphael Orlove (And Wyatt Knox) Just Won A Rally

when such prodigious efforts were expended to "prove" some ancient results means I "never did anything" and "was never any good"

Then, as now, I think the good 2wd results is obviously showing just how poor the driving skills of vast majority in the AWD things really are.

But gawd damn such unmitigate bullshitting as "won a rally"
Common use of that means one thing: they WON a Rally..

They are not incapable of writing "Won our class"

First there's Caswell bullshitting over the top about "I was in the Dubya Arsey, mixing it up with Loeb in my $500 Bee Em Vee"

Now this..

Shameless intentional blatant deceit will save rally.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
wvonkessler
Wilson von Kessler
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Colts are in Finland; now '87 325i, '89 325i

Blah blah blah . . . Who gives a flying rat's ass?

"Talk about drugs. Driving a car like that, going that fast, it’s like all the drugs at once." - Tommy Byrne

"Now, Pinky, if by any chance you are captured during this mission, remember you are Gunther Heindriksen from Appenzell. You moved to Grindelwald to drive the cog train to Murren. Can you repeat that?" - The Brain
A1337STI
Alex Rademacher
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:

wvonkessler
Blah blah blah . . . Who gives a flying rat's ass?

I would but i have yet to find a winged rat , so my supply is at zero. can't give you one, sorry. sad smiley
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

And here you go from the Grat Uncylopedia:
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Her_Majesty%27s_Royal_Flying_Rat%27s_Ass

Her Majesty's Royal Flying Rat's Ass

This article has been specially adapted so that American readers may understand it. For the original version in English, see Her Majesty's Royal Flying Rat's Arse.

Hmrfra-medal

This prestigious medal is given to...no one important, really.

Her Majesty's Royal Flying Rat's Ass is a military and civil award of the British Commonwealth. Awarded by the monarch at a time of his/her (it is well known that the "Queen" of England is a hermaphrodite) choosing. Traditionally the HMRFRA is awarded to members of military units that have performed conscious acts of mediocrity or Civil Servants in lieu of a Carriage Clock. Holders may use the post-nominal letters HMRFRA after their names.
Contents
[show]

Originsedit

The HMRFRA has a long and actually quite boring history. The medal was first created by Queen Victoria. Victoria noted that on the windswept steppes of her enormous galactic empire, some military units performed better, and received more attention from the public. Victoria felt bad for units serving in far-flung areas where nothing happened. In order to recognize the efforts and service of these men, Victoria decided to award them with a special medal all their own. Because these troops had done little to actually deserve the award, she decided to make it a sort of backhanded compliment. It is also well known that Victoria was a fun-loving high spirited and foul-mouthed woman. She decided to name her new award in honor of those troops who much of society "didn't give a flying rat's ass about". .
Criteriaedit

The HMRFRA has been awarded for a number of reasons, none of which are terribly exciting. Some of the activities that have been recognized by Her Majesty include:

Service in a backwater area of the empire
Service in an obscure branch of service
Service in conflicts the public is "tired of hearing about"

Rolesedit

Her Majesty's Royal Flying Rat's Ass plays an important role in the War against piracy. She personally monitors every internet TCP stream and UDP datagram using tcpdump(1)'s hex dump mode. She relays to peer any suspected criminal activity. This is frequently refered to as Queen in the middle attack.
"Famous" Recipientsedit

The award has been presented to a wide variety of units, and on numerous occasions. A brief sample of this august group includes:

Her Majesty's Tasmanian Home Guards: These brave men defended the island of Tasmania from a Japanese assault that never came. Many speculate that the Japanese never attacked Tasmania because of the respect they held for the Home Guards. Of course this speculation is false, the Japanese never attacked because Tasmania is a backwater and they had the whole continent to get through first. An Australian from NSW once noted: "Those Tazzies really liked the 'lights-out' during air raid drills, it let 'em spend time with their cousins!"

South Georgia Island Penguin Patrol: As the name suggests, the Patrol is not so much a military unit as a band of Penguin wranglers. The men of this unit shoo penguins from "sensitive" areas of South Georgia Island. This unit was awarded due to its obscurity and the isolated nature of South Georgia.

Bernie, the camel who saved Europe.

Royal South African Camel Cavalry: This unit was an ill-fated experiment during the Boer War. The British Army got a really good deal on used camels in Cairo. It was noted that perhaps camels would be useful in pursuing the Boer guerrillas, especially in the arid Transvaal. Perhaps not. The unit was unsuccessful because the Boers were mounted on horseback, and could travel much faster that the slow, dull-witted camels of the Cavalry. Even though they were an active duty, front-line unit in a time of war, the South Africans received the HMRFRA for their inability to actually capture a single Boer.

The Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen: The anthem says it all...

Our Country reeks of trees,
Our Yaks are really large.
And they smell like rotting beef carcasses.
And we have to clean up after them,
And our saddle sores are the best!
We proudly wear women's clothing,
And searing sand blows up our skirts.
And the buzzards, they soar overhead,
And poisonous snakes will devour us whole,
Our bones will bleach in the sun.
And we will probably go to (fart),
And that is our great reward,
For being the Roy-oy-al Canadian Kilted Yaksmen!

The exploits of this obscure unit were portrayed in a short documentary featuring their most decorated members Ren and Stimpy.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login