Posted by Racinkid13 
Racinkid13
Max
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1983 MKI GTI

Rally attire
June 26, 2012 12:17PM
Just got me this shirt, and sticker pack for Olympus.

http://gearheadshirts.com/products/112587-i-void-car-warranties-shirt
Please Login or Register to post a reply
gearheadshirts
Ultra Moderator

Re: Rally attire
June 26, 2012 11:21PM
Thanks for the link racinkid! Followed the traffic here and am looking forward to hanging out on this forum a bit more. I'm a daily rally driver myself... no gravel road is safe from me and my sweet ass 96 Corolla DX smiling smiley

That's really why I made this sticker http://gearheadshirts.com/products/307381-wrc-workday-rushour-champion-sticker-2-pack perhaps yall would like it too.

Gearhead Shirts - www.gearheadshirts.com
Ian Jennings
Berthoud, CO
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

June 27, 2012 01:59AM
gearheadshirts
Thanks for the link racinkid! Followed the traffic here and am looking forward to hanging out on this forum a bit more. I'm a daily rally driver myself... no gravel road is safe from me and my sweet ass 96 Corolla DX smiling smiley

That's really why I made this sticker http://gearheadshirts.com/products/307381-wrc-workday-rushour-champion-sticker-2-pack perhaps yall would like it too.

Hi Gearheadshirt.
Nice to welcome you aboard. Around here we have one hard and fast rule:
a real name and a real location somewhere in the name or sidebar or signature.
It works really well, only a couple of stupid fucks refuse mainly because of arrested development.

So please go back, fill out your correct info and show us some more stuff.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
gearheadshirts
Ultra Moderator

June 27, 2012 07:10AM
I am indeed a real person. smiling smiley Thanks John.

Ian Jennings
Berthoud, CO
fiasco
Andrew Steere
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
too rich for my blood, share a LeMons car

June 27, 2012 07:59AM
gearheadshirts
I am indeed a real person. smiling smiley Thanks John.

Take the info in your sig and put it in your profile and you should be all set. Thanks!

Andrew Steere
Lyndeborough, NH
KB1PJY
gearheadshirts
Ultra Moderator

October 29, 2012 04:47PM
Just wanted to pop back into this thread and update with some more rally bidness we've got for sale:

Vintage mini monte carlo shirt. The first in a line of vintage rally shirts we would like to do:

http://gearheadshirts.com/products/637801-monte-carlo-mini-1967

Subaru 22B

http://gearheadshirts.com/products/394984-subaru-impreza-22b-shirt

and.. not specifically rally but I think it applies smiling smiley
http://gearheadshirts.com/products/606173-petrol-sexual-sticker

Ian Jennings
Berthoud, CO
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

October 29, 2012 04:59PM
gearheadshirts
Just wanted to pop back into this thread and update with some more rally bidness we've got for sale:

Vintage mini monte carlo shirt. The first in a line of vintage rally shirts we would like to do:

http://gearheadshirts.com/products/637801-monte-carlo-mini-1967

and.. not specifically rally but I think it applies smiling smiley
http://gearheadshirts.com/products/606173-petrol-sexual-sticker

coupla nice shirts, 'cept the crank and piston logo are two stroke crank and pistons, and those vastly superior designs don't twirl around doing nothing half the time and they don't fire every now and then. And they make better power, that is more torque at lower rpm without all the crutches modern 4 strokes seem to need to make any power like all those superfulous valves, cams, valve springs, turbochargers, ECUs.

Just what you see.

Kinda ironic seeing the Mini--the good one, the REAL one and a two stroke crank and piston---way back then at the beginning of time little 850cc two strokes would beat everythibng the best Britsh and german Engineers could do: full 3,0 liter, twin cams, 3 twin choke Webers....factory efforts all fell to the mighty 850cc Saab---even on the full Monte Carlo Gran Priz circuit they were powerless against the little Saab...Mini dethroned the 850 Saab but when faced with the newer 96 with the big nasty pushrod V4, Mini never won again.
You need a Saab V4 T-shirt, one of the first "Homologation Specials"

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
gearheadshirts
Ultra Moderator

October 29, 2012 05:06PM
First off.. I'm not sure how you make the distinction of our piston being a 2 stroke piston... it's just a piston to me. I'd enjoy it if you would point me in the direction of something that explains the difference in the pistons.

Secondly.. minis were two stroke? This is news to me.

Thirdly.. we have a SAAB shirt.. sadly not a 96 but that's definitely coming.

http://gearheadshirts.com/products/472087-saab-99-turbo-shirt

My goal is to someday own a replica of every car in the lineup of the 63 Monte Carlo.. but for now I'll just keep making them as shirts smiling smiley

Ian Jennings
Berthoud, CO
gearheadshirts
Ultra Moderator

October 29, 2012 05:11PM
Oh wait.. i get it.. you're saying the mini is weak compared to the two stroke of the Saab 96.. I get it now. Awesome. I like Saabs AND Minis. I try and respect all makes.. especially ones that have a winning rally lineage.

I agree with the 96 V4 idea though.. it will for sure be a greetings from monte carlo shirt at some point.

I ALMOST bought a 95 last year for a sweet deal.. if I would have gotten it I probably would have ended up trading it for a 96 anyway smiling smiley

Ian Jennings
Berthoud, CO
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

October 29, 2012 05:52PM
gearheadshirts
Oh wait.. i get it.. you're saying the mini is weak compared to the two stroke of the Saab 96.. I get it now. Awesome. I like Saabs AND Minis. I try and respect all makes.. especially ones that have a winning rally lineage.

I agree with the 96 V4 idea though.. it will for sure be a greetings from monte carlo shirt at some point.

I ALMOST bought a 95 last year for a sweet deal.. if I would have gotten it I probably would have ended up trading it for a 96 anyway smiling smiley

Well 95 was run in the 1961 Monte Carlo since Saab had made a new 4 speed box and they had begun producing the new 95 in August '59 (only 40 in '59), and they weren't sure if they'd have the 5000 96s with the new 4 speed built to qualify for homologation done by 1 Jan 1961, so they prepped a 95 for Carlsson...As it transpired, they had made 5000 in time but ran the 95 anyway.. at an event fawked up by bizarre handicapping, the Saab finished 4th behind 3 Panhards...

In any case, 96s are just too cool, too damn good to bother with the 95 and the junk Armstrong knee action shocks..You see in the results for Mt Hood how Garth in his extremely mild motor still beats piles of modern turbo 4wd cars and is nipping at the heels of much more modern 2wd cars with much larger engines. And they're few things easier to mod..

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Houdini91
Tyler Estes
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
My PC.

October 29, 2012 05:55PM
gearheadshirts

John was saying that the Mini was good and won approximately three fuckloads of rallies until Saab came along and killed it's boner. Both great cars.

And also, holy shit is that Saab shirt awesome. I went on ASAP and bought that shizz along with the E30 one.

Something about something....dirt.
gearheadshirts
Ultra Moderator

October 29, 2012 06:03PM
Tyler.. I haven't yet seen an order come in for you. Just want to make sure it went though alright.

Ian Jennings
Berthoud, CO
Houdini91
Tyler Estes
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
My PC.

October 29, 2012 06:34PM
gearheadshirts
Tyler.. I haven't yet seen an order come in for you. Just want to make sure it went though alright.

I'm going to go ahead and wait until I get paid. Expect an order Friday evening.

Something about something....dirt.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login