Posted by john vanlandingham 
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Is this place really that apolitical?
September 05, 2012 06:19PM

Amazing what a country can do when it doesn't piss hundreds of billions of dollars away unilaterally invading countries and then deciding they're going change the fundamentals of few whole countries just cause.

Anybody else wonder why Willard pretends he didn't drive thru Romneycare?
Or why he steadfastly refuses to articulate any policy?

And why he won't do as his Republican father did and release 12 years of tax records? Are we really going to be surprised that he's moved money around to Cayman islands and Switzerland to dodge even more taxes that he already gets to dodge?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
DaveK
Dave Kern
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Compact M3 & Evo IX

Re: Is this place really that apolitical?
September 05, 2012 06:58PM
So many questions and not one poll with bacon as an answer?!?
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

September 05, 2012 07:15PM
DaveK
So many questions and not one poll with bacon as an answer?!?

I's slacking, kinda faded this afternoon. Haven't been eating those rush Limbaugh skittles so I pooped out.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Ian S
Ian Seppanen
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
1991 Nissan 240SX

September 05, 2012 09:49PM
john vanlandingham

Haven't been eating those rush Limbaugh skittles so I pooped out.

Whoa there buddy, you're not supposed to eat those. They are prophylactics.

I Seppanen, Car #240
fiasco
Andrew Steere
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
too rich for my blood, share a LeMons car

September 05, 2012 09:54PM
As an "undeclared" voter in a "swing state," the number of shitty political robo calls we get every day at $1 each could probably fund another LeMons car in a week or two. I'm amazed my wife hasn't taken a sledgehammer to the phone yet.

We only have the choices of "Repugnant Goons" and "Dimmocraps," so I don't really have a place I fell I can call home. I want the socially liberal, legal drugs, personal freedom, gun toting party...but that only seems to exist after I've had a couple beers too many.

Andrew Steere
Lyndeborough, NH
KB1PJY
heymagic
Banned
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

September 05, 2012 11:47PM
Nice to see Clinton again tonight, great speech and well presented...wish he could get another term.
Wannabe
Anne Francis
Mod Moderator

September 06, 2012 12:05AM
John it's good to see you're still kicking smiling smiley

Here's my thoughts for ya,

1. 2008 the stock market crashed (greatest decline since the great depression-1929, Just as Obama took office)
2. Took 21 years following the Great Depression for a recovery (to regain the same position on Wall Street as 1929)
3. Americans are impatient people
4. 4 years is not enough time to fix the problem (Clinton said that tonight, I've thought it for a while)
5. The US economy is more global today than ever, the job description of the President is changing and more economically challenging to manage. Most Americans never gave a second thought about what's going on in Greece or Europe and how that impacts their retirement, they do today and our President has more economic headaches than just what's going on in our part of the world.
6. You can either select a Mormon, Millionaire to identify with as your new leader or a guy who's got 4 years of experience being a President of the United States smiling smiley

And Bill, he's not on the ticket so he's interesting to listen to but irrelevant.

It's a Journey for all of us.....IMHO anyway smiling smiley

Having an interesting week myself...I'll be in touch soon. Take care!
aj_johnson
A.J. Johnson
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
88 Audi 80

September 06, 2012 08:26AM
I'm writing in Jon Stewart... Or better yet my first grade teacher, Sister Marie Petra.
fliz
Chad Eixenberger
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
1988 VW Golf #687

September 06, 2012 08:37AM
fiasco
We only have the choices of "Repugnant Goons" and "Dimmocraps," so I don't really have a place I fell I can call home. I want the socially liberal, legal drugs, personal freedom, gun toting party...but that only seems to exist after I've had a couple beers too many.

"If you want real change, get a different coin."

Look at Gary Johnson.
heymagic
Banned
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

September 06, 2012 09:48AM
Wannabe
John it's good to see you're still kicking smiling smiley

Here's my thoughts for ya,

1. 2008 the stock market crashed (greatest decline since the great depression-1929, Just as Obama took office)
2. Took 21 years following the Great Depression for a recovery (to regain the same position on Wall Street as 1929)
3. Americans are impatient people
4. 4 years is not enough time to fix the problem (Clinton said that tonight, I've thought it for a while)
5. The US economy is more global today than ever, the job description of the President is changing and more economically challenging to manage. Most Americans never gave a second thought about what's going on in Greece or Europe and how that impacts their retirement, they do today and our President has more economic headaches than just what's going on in our part of the world.
6. You can either select a Mormon, Millionaire to identify with as your new leader or a guy who's got 4 years of experience being a President of the United States smiling smiley

And Bill, he's not on the ticket so he's interesting to listen to but irrelevant.

It's a Journey for all of us.....IMHO anyway smiling smiley

Having an interesting week myself...I'll be in touch soon. Take care!

I agree with your points but would like to point out the 4year mis-statement. A president coming into office, especially from a different party (as Obama) did, spends months getting stuff 'rebooted' and then 3 years later has to be distracted by the next election. And if re-elected then gets the lame duck card about 2 years later. It's a tough deal I think.

Mitt simply bought the nomination, I thought it was laughable for him to stand there and say he would accept said nomination...he owns it, has the reciept saying "Paid".

We outta put them all on a one 5 year term, while some of them can serve for years and do a good job, many are just good at keeping that job.

I expect the Mormon thing will get brought into focus shortly. The Church spent a bunch of money on ads earlier this year to put a mainstream 'human' face on the religion and Scientology has been taking its turn in the dumper lately, but the shift will change back to Mitt being a Mormon and a sketchy millionaire . Remember the wacky pastor when Obama was first running??

I especially loved the bit about Mitt's wifey buying his dress shorts at Costco, seriously. The common man indeed.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

September 06, 2012 12:22PM
If anybody is interested to see the seriously horrible degree of calculated hypocrisy that the Willard Robme campaign is built on, specifically him wailing about the costs of preventing, right or wrong, the complete meltdown of the US---and much of the rest of the industrialised world---financial system, the mock horror at massive Federal debt--reflect for a moment how "earned' his hundreds of millions---leveraged buy outs..

You folks understand how leveraged buy outs function?

Borrowed money. Bain puts up say 5 million, borrows 175 million from cronies, and "invests in" enough stock to control a carefully chosen , high cash flow company, then Bain doesn't pay back the borrowed capital, the victim company is saddled with the full debt.
And millions per year for the 'work' of putting the deal together--more debt.
And millions per year for Bain to "manage" the company..

Debt is just another word for capital.

Here's a couple of articles explaining how generally the leveraged buyout deals work and specifically how Romney's Bain Capital carried out their 'work":

The Federal Bailout That Saved Mitt Romney
Government documents prove the candidate's mythology is just that
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-federal-bailout-that-saved-mitt-romney-20120829

That one is great. With actual documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act it shows how when Bain swooped up a failed New england bank included all assets and liabilities, Bain refused to pay out any money to depositors and fought with FDIC, the Federal Depositor Insurance Corporation who wanted Bain to use its cash on hand to pay depositors, and how Bain clained they couldn't... and then so they would not have any cash, paid Romney and a couple of the other partners "bonuses' amounting to all their cash--25 millions here and 27 millions there---and then said "we don't have any cash" and how FDIC was forced to pay the whole amount out of the insurance fund---which all banks buy into---and pass along the cost to depositors.

and

Greed and Debt: The True Story of Mitt Romney and Bain Capital
How the GOP presidential candidate and his private equity firm staged an epic wealth grab, destroyed jobs – and stuck others with the bill

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/greed-and-debt-the-true-story-of-mitt-romney-and-bain-capital-20120829

Take the time and read both, its just 10 minutes.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Wannabe
Anne Francis
Mod Moderator

September 07, 2012 12:49AM
heymagic

I agree with your points but would like to point out the 4year mis-statement. A president coming into office, especially from a different party (as Obama) did, spends months getting stuff 'rebooted' and then 3 years later has to be distracted by the next election. And if re-elected then gets the lame duck card about 2 years later. It's a tough deal I think.

Mitt simply bought the nomination, I thought it was laughable for him to stand there and say he would accept said nomination...he owns it, has the reciept saying "Paid".

We outta put them all on a one 5 year term, while some of them can serve for years and do a good job, many are just good at keeping that job.

I expect the Mormon thing will get brought into focus shortly. The Church spent a bunch of money on ads earlier this year to put a mainstream 'human' face on the religion and Scientology has been taking its turn in the dumper lately, but the shift will change back to Mitt being a Mormon and a sketchy millionaire . Remember the wacky pastor when Obama was first running??

I especially loved the bit about Mitt's wifey buying his dress shorts at Costco, seriously. The common man indeed.

I stand corrected you're right, 4 years in the White House does not necessarily translate to 4 years of experience. And the 5 year term, not a bad idea! Let's do it! smiling smiley

Saw the interview with the Costco comment, It's just stupid but if you think about how they are trying to play on people maybe with less intelligence to really think about why a candidate with millions would shop at Costco and then tell everyone they shop at Costco...It's insulting!
HiTempguy
Banned
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 Subaru WRX STi

September 07, 2012 01:49AM
So, for the most part, Bill Clinton seems like a relatively popular dude and he's smart.

So why LIE about Monica. He could have simply gone "awwwww yea, right here in the oval office!" and everyone would have let out a collective yawn and nothing would have happened. Hell, the world might be a different place today.

So yea, beyond that, the US has so many issues that needed to be taken care of a decade ago that haven't been addressed, I don't even know where to begin. It's odd as well, as your liberal politico's are relatively reasonable compared to some of the crazies we get up here, but we don't really have experience with the absolute religulous majority you guys have down there...
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

September 07, 2012 12:43PM
HiTempguy
So, for the most part, Bill Clinton seems like a relatively popular dude and he's smart.

So why LIE about Monica. He could have simply gone "awwwww yea, right here in the oval office!" and everyone would have let out a collective yawn and nothing would have happened. Hell, the world might be a different place today.

So yea, beyond that, the US has so many issues that needed to be taken care of a decade ago that haven't been addressed, I don't even know where to begin. It's odd as well, as your liberal politico's are relatively reasonable compared to some of the crazies we get up here, but we don't really have experience with the absolute religulous majority you guys have down there...

Adam I was just saying to a friend "That guy Adam thinks pretty good for a young dude from Alberta.
Your last line is the key to the whole thing.
Bubba couldn't say that not with the extremely prevalent hypocritical faux "religiosity" of this country. and specifically Puritanical "religiosity".

He couldn't.
of course it a question that a) had nothing to do with anything and b) no adult with any upbringing would ever ask anybody else, and c) any person alleging that they are a "Christian" would ever ask becuase to do so would be to violate the extremely simple and clear command that Christ said (ya know that's why it's called Christianity) in St. Matthew7
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. Mk. 4.24
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

But they did. And they did it because they are truly evil people in the "leadedship" of that one Party---just go look at subsequent exposure of all the leaders of the hundreds of million dollar witch hunt where virtually all were cheating on their wives (Gingrich cheating on all three of his wives), screwing whores or employees, were closet gay, and or massive financial fraudsters (see Reed and Jack Abramof scandals )..
All horribly despicable liars and cheats.

They could only pose there and do that because the bulk of their electorate were similarly willing to condemn others while ignoring their own behavior..
You guys cannot begin to understand the pervasiveness and of this bizarre and conflicting currents flowing in the heads and hearts of so many here. I never did until i lived and worked for years first in an even more Protestant country, then immediately lived in a Catholic country :that is Sweden, then France.
And then returned to USA..

Like a lot of things I knew and understood little of my home until I had something to compare it to and contrast it to..

We're fucked up down here by and large.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
KTurner
Kevin Turner
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
2wd Impreza... dude you should do an sti swap

September 07, 2012 01:23PM

-KTurner
Stomp down on the exhilarator and hold on to the wheel.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login