Doctors:

Posted by Houdini91 
Jens
Jens
Ultra Moderator

Re: Doctors:
January 21, 2013 12:25PM
john vanlandingham
.....Poison yourself. wash it down with Drano...

Ah there you are again. I was wondering how much I had to do to wake you up.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Rallymech
Robert Gobright
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
91 VW GTI 8V

January 21, 2013 01:13PM
A thread jack at this point is in very poor taste.

Chin up Tyler! I'm in your corner rooting for you!

Robert.

"You are way too normal to be on Rally Anarchy." Eddie Fiorelli.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

January 21, 2013 01:54PM
Rallymech

Yes it is, but Jens is a sociopath and insane so he will do anything to get attention...

I have talked to Tyler on the phone and encouraged him to be assertive---lord knows I've had enough time in the WTF is happening part with doctors...right up to right now..

Tyler, Gene said it best so far....You have a whole buncha cards in your hand, the question is when and how you lay the cards down...

In my case i think I was just plain too stupid to think of consequences. Just keep on pushing was the only thing I know/knew

When I was 10, the papers were signed giving permission to chop off my left leg below the knee cause it was roasted to a crisp--seriously--crispy..
We (the good Army doctors in the burn unit and my whole fambly) fought it for months and they saved the leg...took over a year tho

When I was 16, the papers were signed giving permission to chop off my left leg at the hip.....We fought it and thank Dog, it wasn't cancer and they saved the leg...another more than a year of fighting.

When 19 the papers were signed giving permission to chop off my left pinky, at 22 my whole left thumb....

Got them both--even if they a little ugly

And then there was the knees....

And then 10 years of crushed discs and badly pinched nerves..

Andrew Steere here was generous enough to drive 55 miles down from the wastelands of Nude hampster to my shop in the fawkin Bawstin area and help me pack up and close down the shop....he told me years later that he and some others figured i was going to keel over dead it looked so bad---so unable to walk, use left arm, see straight, or even talk sometimes..
10 years and finally one simple operation..all better

ask rallymech Robert, he picked me up from the hospital on the Tuesday and I was over on Friday and Saturday pulling engine and installing like nothing...

Grit your teeth. Get pissed off, use the anger to fire yourself up, but always look forward....it could be worse....you could be a hopless, bitter old fuck who hates everything has no joy in life...no music from 2 little girls giggling in the background...

Keep on keeping on, same as before, do what you were planning, this is just one more thing...

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
heymagic
Banned
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

January 21, 2013 03:13PM
Well said John. We may not be the most inspirational bunch but I'd say we are tough as nails and all learned to fight back at an early age. Hang in there kid, you have a bunch of us in your corner.
12xalt
"oh! you're the one!"
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1974 Dodge Colt, under construction

January 21, 2013 06:02PM
so, your doc was an ass when you saw him in person, and then he tells you that shit over the phone

I still think you need a new doc, even if he did finally get off his bum and find out what really is wrong

personally, I wouldn't trust him and he already sounds like a jerk

I had issues for months with a shithead doctor when I was 22, turns out I had 3 herniated disks in my back, I had to get a 2nd opion to find that out. But, the 2nd opinion doc was in the same office as the shithead. So, he wouldn't steal a patient from a fellow coworker. It would take me too long and I'd get too upset to explain how it all went. But, I ended up with a semi-retired neurosurgon that was my aunt's neighbor, he wasn't taking on new patients but decided to help me out. He was amazing, amazing as a doctor and an amazing person (RIP Dr. Milgard). He also reported the asshole for being unethical. Turns out how he was speaking to me and treating me was a big no-no.
TylerEstes
Tyler Estes
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
E30 325E "practice girl"

January 22, 2013 04:17PM
danster
Jeepers, that ain't such good news.
I was looking through this thread last night and going to add that many people live well with one kidney, either being born that way or after having one removed for whatever reasons.
Your condition now sounds more problematic though.
I have no idea how the health service you guys get over the pond works, but over here in the UK I understand it is quite common for a family member to donate a good kidney for transplant to a relation in need.
It might be worth investigating options regarding this. In the meantime look after yourself and look into diet and lifetsyle choices that may help reduce the load on your working kidney.
My thoughts are with you.

Yeah. I'm sure dialysis is going to help a lot more than I think it will, though. Gonna call my doctor soon and ask him a few questions and such. And I don't think anyone in my family would be a match.

heymagic
Wow..not what I was expecting. So sorry to hear that. However you're young and the chances of you getting a kidney are much better than an old fart like me. Its an easier surgery these days if you find a donor. Don't let the news define your life. Chin up and stay positive.

Many years ago a close friend of my moms was given 6 months to live (cancer), treatments in those days were pretty sketchy. She moved from Cali to Washington in her 40s. She had been in show business since a kid. Went back and got her hi-school diploma. Went to nursing school. Got married. Went thru the nursing ranks to be floor supervisor at the hospital. Buried her husband. Retired from the hospital and took over a high end nursing home. Cancer finally took her as an old woman who had made a great life for herself and helped hundreds if not thousands of people over the years.

Life isn't the hand you're dealt, it's how you play it.

And yeah, I think me being young puts at least one thing in my favor.
And that's great. I'm not giving up.

Because I'm sure another doctor will tell me I'm just fine and being a little over dramatic. Or agree with me. Either way, life is life.

jbass
Wow - yeah... just -- wow.

Well, I'll tell ya, my dad has been on dialysis for a while now - he says it's not as bad as he thought it would be; according to him, the dietary restrictions and the most annoying. Apparently, there are some "in-home" options too, now, for some patients - where you can do it yourself, at home, in some instances.

Definitely see someone else if you can. I mean, if your kidneys are shot, that's that, but - at least if there's hope for 3/4 of one to be good, you need to jump on that if you can, if there's something that can be done. Fuck, man. -- Don't give up though- because I need another Xratty guy in MO to bullshit with at rallies winking smiley

Oh hey, James. Wassup, bruh? And yeah, I read you can do it at home too. Or I can drive 20 minutes and have a FINE ASS NURSE DO IT FOR ME. Seriously, the nurses at my hospital are hot as hell. And I had to quit drinking. Pshhhh. That's the worst part. I can't drink anything but water. Oh well. And my 3/4 of one is....eh. Just hoping that infection doesn't come back. If so, I'm probably done for. Still discussing options with my doctor.

And alright. I'll try not to crash too many times.

Accident free for 8 days! I almost hit a tree last night on the way to Taco Bell, but I saved it. Unintentional fishtailing in a FWD car around a corner isn't fun. Well, it is. But...you know.

Jens
Okay, so your dying. Now what? We all are. With my heart I could be dead 20 years from now, or while I'm typing this.

I had my first heart surgery in 2000; and several since.

I just saw a few minutes of Oprah's lawn jockey Obama being inaugurated again. Death would be relief from watching that guy turn the United States of America into the Union of United Communist States.

Now I carry on as usual. But without booze. And random moods with "Damn. This sucks. Fuck this shit."

All presidents suck. Deal with it and move on, no matter how it effects 'Murrica or the rest of the world.

Rallymech

Ah jeez.

Yeah, if more doctors say "Yeah, the guy that said you're dying is full of shit. Fuck that guy." I'm gonna go over there and punch him in the side of the head.

And probably piss on his Camry.

john vanlandingham
Rallymech

Yes it is, but Jens is a sociopath and insane so he will do anything to get attention...

I have talked to Tyler on the phone and encouraged him to be assertive---lord knows I've had enough time in the WTF is happening part with doctors...right up to right now..

Tyler, Gene said it best so far....You have a whole buncha cards in your hand, the question is when and how you lay the cards down...

In my case i think I was just plain too stupid to think of consequences. Just keep on pushing was the only thing I know/knew

When I was 10, the papers were signed giving permission to chop off my left leg below the knee cause it was roasted to a crisp--seriously--crispy..
We (the good Army doctors in the burn unit and my whole fambly) fought it for months and they saved the leg...took over a year tho

When I was 16, the papers were signed giving permission to chop off my left leg at the hip.....We fought it and thank Dog, it wasn't cancer and they saved the leg...another more than a year of fighting.

When 19 the papers were signed giving permission to chop off my left pinky, at 22 my whole left thumb....

Got them both--even if they a little ugly

And then there was the knees....

And then 10 years of crushed discs and badly pinched nerves..

Andrew Steere here was generous enough to drive 55 miles down from the wastelands of Nude hampster to my shop in the fawkin Bawstin area and help me pack up and close down the shop....he told me years later that he and some others figured i was going to keel over dead it looked so bad---so unable to walk, use left arm, see straight, or even talk sometimes..
10 years and finally one simple operation..all better

ask rallymech Robert, he picked me up from the hospital on the Tuesday and I was over on Friday and Saturday pulling engine and installing like nothing...

Grit your teeth. Get pissed off, use the anger to fire yourself up, but always look forward....it could be worse....you could be a hopless, bitter old fuck who hates everything has no joy in life...no music from 2 little girls giggling in the background...

Keep on keeping on, same as before, do what you were planning, this is just one more thing...

I hope he doesn't find out that me getting sick is a secret plot to get Oh Bam Uh back in the white house. He'd tinkle on himself if her found that out. tongue sticking out smiley

And jeez, that doesn't sound that fun. Any of it. I'm glad you're mostly fixed. Last time you called you said something about your leg having problems. How's that going? Still giving you problems?

Eh. I never get pissed off about anything. Funny thing for an Italian, huh? I'm not THAT Italian, but still.
And yep, I'm not going to let a little pansy ass thing like kidney failure get in the way of....uh....playing video games and saving up money to cage my Xratty.

12xalt
so, your doc was an ass when you saw him in person, and then he tells you that shit over the phone

I still think you need a new doc, even if he did finally get off his bum and find out what really is wrong

personally, I wouldn't trust him and he already sounds like a jerk

I had issues for months with a shithead doctor when I was 22, turns out I had 3 herniated disks in my back, I had to get a 2nd opion to find that out. But, the 2nd opinion doc was in the same office as the shithead. So, he wouldn't steal a patient from a fellow coworker. It would take me too long and I'd get too upset to explain how it all went. But, I ended up with a semi-retired neurosurgon that was my aunt's neighbor, he wasn't taking on new patients but decided to help me out. He was amazing, amazing as a doctor and an amazing person (RIP Dr. Milgard). He also reported the asshole for being unethical. Turns out how he was speaking to me and treating me was a big no-no.

Yeah Merrilee , that sounds about right. Spineless prick in person but over the phone "Oh hey, I was wrong. You're just plain not doing well." Not seeing him again. There are like 4 offices next to my hospital and my PCP's office is right around there. I'll get my paperwork back from Dr. Dumbass. "So do I get my papers and CT scan CD from the doctor or what?" "No, he'll put it in your file." "Oh okay."
I'm still new to pretty much everything so I don't know how stuff works.

I'm glad you're all fixed up. Any luck with any new doctors?

Why do you even need brakes? Are you some sort of pansy or something?
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

January 22, 2013 06:13PM
Tyler I just minutes ago got a call about last Fridays deal eating old radioactive paint scrapings bone scan things..
Them: Is this Mr. John vanlanddamsunnofabitch? Van land, Van der van er?

me, frazzled cause my poor little Anna has been puking since 11 last night: Yeah yeah, what, whatever...

Them; this is Dottore Arschllauchstein's office calling to tell you we got the results from the radioactive bone scan..

Me: OKie dokie what do you see?

Them: well we have the results. But we can't say what the results are.

Me: is it a secret???

Them: no but we can't say.

Me: ahh, that's reassuring though you have the results...Are you intending to tell me what the results are sometime?

Them: Oh yes we should be giving you a call tomorrow with the results..

Me: And can you share with me about what time that might be???

Them: No, we can't say what time it'll be. but we wanted you to know we have the results..

me: "Oh OKie dokie, sounds marvelous...Good Bye..

I mean what the fawk???

I could see this bright white line going thru the bone big time, I've done these things before Wot da fawk...

Be calm man, proceed what you can...

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
heymagic
Banned
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

January 22, 2013 07:38PM
Ah, the old 'Who's on first, what's on 2nd' trick.
TylerEstes
Tyler Estes
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
E30 325E "practice girl"

January 22, 2013 07:49PM
john vanlandingham
Tyler I just minutes ago got a call about last Fridays deal eating old radioactive paint scrapings bone scan things..

me, frazzled cause my poor little Anna has been puking since 11 last night: Yeah yeah, what, whatever...

Them; this is Dottore Arschllauchstein's office calling to tell you we got the results from the radioactive bone scan..

Me: ahh, that's reassuring though you have the results...Are you intending to tell me what the results are sometime?

Them: No, we can't say what time it'll be. but we wanted you to know we have the results..

I mean what the fawk???

I could see this bright white line going thru the bone big time, I've done these things before Wot da fawk...

Doctors suck. Just slap them about the face and head area until they stop being stupid.

john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

January 23, 2013 07:35PM
TylerEstes
john vanlandingham

I mean what the fawk???

Doctors suck. Just slap them about the face and head area until they stop being stupid.

Well just got a call from the PA--Physician's assistant.
Yep I've been stumbling around since the 1st with a fractured leg....no weight bearing for 4 weeks.

yeah. Right.eye rolling smiley

Man, sucks getting old...
Thank goodness some things still work..smiling bouncing smiley

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
TylerEstes
Tyler Estes
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
E30 325E "practice girl"

January 23, 2013 08:26PM
john vanlandingham
TylerEstes
john vanlandingham

I mean what the fawk???

Well just got a call from the PA--Physician's assistant.
Yep I've been stumbling around since the 1st with a fractured leg....no weight bearing for 4 weeks.

yeah. Right.eye rolling smiley

Man, sucks getting old...

You broke your leg? How? Get that shit fixed, mang.

john vanlandingham

Sweet chocolate Jesus, I don't think I wanna know how you broke your leg.eye popping smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login