Media hysteria

Posted by Jens 
Jens
Jens
Godlike Moderator

Media hysteria
December 27, 2012 05:50AM
School shooting advertising drying up.

Next topic Mayan calendar end of world. Oooops we're still here.

Next topic convict sets fires and shoots firemen. Oooops he was released from prison after less than 20 years in prison for killing his Granny with a hammer. Not enough blood and guts for ratings and advertising dollars.

Next... fiscal cliff...we're all gonna die. Milk the fear factor as long as possible. Speaking of milk no farm bill so will have $7/gal milk. Oh no! We have to piss away more money to subsidize farms.

Howard Beale was right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2012 05:55AM by Jens.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
heymagic
Banned
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

Re: Media hysteria
December 27, 2012 09:33AM
I don't get any newspapers. Maybe a couple of free automotive trade journals. We watch the news with one ear closed. I've emailed a couple local tv stations bitching about the amount of advertising and crap at the bottom of the picture. One channel routinely has nearly 30% of the picture gone due to ticker tape bs.

Blood sells, controversy sells. If people quit buying the products of the supporters it might get better.

I really dislike the entertainment gossip programs that come on after the news at 7pm. My gawd what trash. Who really cares what gutter Lindsay passed out in or which Idol judge is pissed at the other one. And lets please ship Piers Morgan back to England.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login