Advanced

StretchMate

Posted by Wannabe 
Wannabe
Anne Francis
Super Moderator

StretchMate
January 12, 2013 07:57PM
I've come across a couple of these gizmos at gyms and this last time I couldn't help but think of a roll cage. The idea behind it is to stretch with these huge bands, you can put your full body weight on the thing either facing forward or backwards and it doesn't tip over. After a workout it makes your back feel awesome!

I can only imagine these things sell for several thousands of dollars, just an idea if anyone wants to give it a try I lots of gyms and yoga studios who would be interested.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2013 08:03PM by Wannabe.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Attachments:
open | download - photo-46-2.jpg (123.5 KB)
photo-46-2.jpg
heymagic
Banned
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

Re: StretchMate
January 13, 2013 11:34AM
I think they outlawed those in early 1700....
Rallymech
Robert Gobright
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
91 VW GTI 8V

January 13, 2013 12:19PM
I'll try anything. It's been years since my back has felt amazing!

Robert.

"You are way too normal to be on Rally Anarchy." Eddie Fiorelli.
Pete
Pete Remner
Elite Moderator

January 13, 2013 01:55PM
That looks like the thing where they break all of your limbs and thread them through the spokes and they stick you up high so you can slowly die of exposure.

Pete Remner
Cleveland, Ohio

1984 RX-7 (rallycross thing)
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.
Wannabe
Anne Francis
Super Moderator

January 13, 2013 10:46PM
Rallymech

The stretchmate is great and as far as I know legal smiling smiley

If you've never tried Hot Yoga (Bikram) put that on your list. I started this a couple of years ago and pretty sure if I put my mind to it I could carry a couple hundred pounds on my back if I tried. Its an incredibly awesome exercise that your body will learn quickly (takes just about 3-4 sessions) works out every muscle in your body but the back really gets the greatest work out. You can start slow and push yourself as you feel stronger. This is definitely not a "fru fur yoga" no meditation just a mirror, 105 degree room and a lot of focus to push yourself. Many say it's better than sex, I say it's pretty close winking smiley You'll get an incredible rush and it's very addictive.

Here's a link if you're anywhere near these they are some of the best. Don't let the video scare you off it's the owner and her son, most people are not super humans.

http://www.breathehotyoga.com
aj_johnson
A.J. Johnson
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
88 Audi 80

January 13, 2013 10:59PM
Wannabe
Rallymech

The stretchmate is great and as far as I know legal smiling smiley

If you've never tried Hot Yoga (Bikram) put that on your list.

ITS A TRAP!

craigslist
Yoga mat for sale. Used once. - $1 (Bellevue)

Yoga mat for sale. Used once at lunch hour class in December 2009. Usage timeline as follows:

11:45a
Register for hot yoga class. Infinite wisdom tells me to commit to 5 class package and purchase a yoga mat. I pay $89.74. Money well spent, I smugly confirm to myself.

11:55a
Open door to yoga room. A gush of hot dry air rushes through and past me. It smells of breath, sweat and hot. Take spot on floor in back of room next to cute blonde. We will date.

11:57a
I feel the need to be as near to naked as possible. This is a problem because of the hot blonde to my left and our pending courtship. She will not be pleased to learn that I need to lose 30 pounds before I propose to her.

11:58a
The shirt and sweats have to come off. I throw caution to the wind and decide to rely on my wit and conditioning to overcome any weight issues my fiancée may take issue with. This will take a lot of wit and conditioning.

11:59a
Begin small talk with my bride to be. She pretends to ignore me but I know how she can be. I allow her to concentrate and stare straight ahead and continue to pretend that I don't exist. As we finish sharing our special moment, I am suddenly aware of a sweat moustache that has formed below my nose. This must be from the all the whispering between us.

12:00p
Instructor enters the room and ascends her special podium at the front of the room. She is a slight, agitated Chinese woman. She introduces me to the class and everyone turns around to greet me just as I decide to aggressively adjust my penis and testes packed in my Under Armor. My bride is notably unfazed.

12:02p
Since I do have experience with Hot Yoga (4 sessions just 5 short years ago) I fully consider that I may be so outstanding and skilled that my instructor may call me out and ask me to guide the class. My wife will look on with a sparkle in her eye. We will make love after class.

12:10p
It is now up to 95 degrees in the room. We have been practicing deep breathing exercises for the last 8 minutes. This would not be a problem if we were all breathing actual, you know, oxygen. Instead, we are breathing each other's body odor, expelled carbon dioxide and other unmentionables. (Don't worry, I'll mention them later.)

12:26p
It is now 100 degrees and I take notice of the humidity, which is hovering at about 90%. I feel the familiar adorning stare of my bride and decide to look back at her. She appears to be nauseated. I then realize that I forgot to brush my teeth prior to attending this class. We bond.

12:33p
It is now 110 degrees and 95% humidity. I am now balancing on one leg with the other leg crossed over the other. My arms are intertwined and I am squatting. The last time I was in this position was 44 years ago in the womb, but I'm in this for the long haul. My wife looks slightly weathered dripping sweat and her eyeliner is streaming down her face. Well, "for better or worse" is what we committed to so we press on.

12:40p
The overweight Hispanic man two spots over has sweat running down his legs. At least I think its sweat. He is holding every position and has not had a sip of water since we walked in. He is making me look bad and I hate him.

12:44p
I consider that if anyone in this room farted that we would all certainly perish.

12:52p
It is now 140 degrees and 100% humidity. I am covered from head to toe in sweat. There is not a square millimeter on my body that is not slippery and sweaty. I am so slimy that I feel like a sea lion or a maybe sea eel. Not even a bear trap could hold me. The sweat is stinging my eyeballs and I can no longer see.

12:55p
This room stinks of asparagus, cloves, tuna and tacos. There is no food in the room. I realize that this is an amalgamation of the body odors of 30 people in a 140 degree room for the last 55 minutes. Seriously, enough with the asparagus, ok?

1:01p
140 degrees and 130% humidity. Look, bitch, I need my space here so don't get all pissy with me if I accidentally sprayed you with sweat as I flipped over. Seriously, is that where this relationship is going? Get over yourself. We need counseling and she needs to be medicated. Stat!

1:09p
150 degrees and cloudy. And hot. I can no longer move my limbs on my own. I have given up on attempting any of the commands this Chinese chick is yelling out at us. I will lay sedentary until the aid unit arrives. I will buy this building and then have it destroyed.
I lose consciousness.

1:15p
I have a headache and my wife is being a selfish bitch. I can't really breathe. All I can think about is holding a cup worth of hot sand in my mouth. I cannot remember what an ice cube is and cannot remember what snow looks like. I consider that my only escape might be a crab walk across 15 bodies and then out of the room. I am paralyzed, and may never walk again so the whole crab walk thing is pretty much out.

1:17p
I cannot move at all and cannot reach my water. Is breathing voluntary or involuntary? If it's voluntary, I am screwed. I stopped participating in the class 20 minutes ago. Hey, lady! I paid for this frickin class, ok?! You work for me! Stop yelling at everyone and just tell us a story or something. It's like juice and cracker time, ok?

1:20p
It is now 165 degrees and moisture is dripping from the ceiling. The towel that I am laying on is no longer providing any wicking or drying properties. It is actually placing additional sweat on me as I touch it. My towel reeks. I cannot identify the smell but no way can it be from me. Did someone spray some stank on my towel or something?

1:30p
Torture session is over. I wish hateful things upon the instructor. She graciously allows us to stay and 'cool down' in the room. It is 175 degrees. Who cools down in 175 degrees? A Komodo Dragon? My wife has left the room. Probably to throw up.

1:34p
My opportunity to escape has arrived. I roll over to my stomach and press up to my knees. It is warmer as I rise up from ground level - probably by 15 degrees. So let's conservatively say it's 190. I muster my final energy and slowly rise. One foot in front of the other. One foot in front of the other. Towards the door. Towards the door.

1:37p
The temperature in the lobby is 72 degrees. Both nipples stiffen to diamond strength and my penis begins to retract into my abdomen from the 100 degree temp swing. I can once again breathe though so I am pleased. I spot my future ex wife in the lobby. We had such a good thing going but I know that no measure of counseling will be able to unravel the day's turmoil and mental scaring.

1:47p
Arrive at Emerald City Smoothie and proceed to order a 32 oz beverage. 402 calories, 0 fat and 14 grams of protein -- effectively negating any caloric burn or benefit from the last 90 minutes. I finish it in 3 minutes and spend the next 2 hours writing this memoir.

3:47p
Create Craigslist ad while burning final 2 grams of protein from Smoothie and before the "shakes" consume my body.

4:29p
Note to self - check car for missing wet yoga towel in am.
Any takers?! Some more funny wellness and yoga stories and videos here.

Myself I like inversion tables
Wannabe
Anne Francis
Super Moderator

January 13, 2013 11:09PM
smiling smileyMaybe the CL thing is a trap but mine is a real suggestion. winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2013 11:14PM by Wannabe.
aj_johnson
A.J. Johnson
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
88 Audi 80

January 13, 2013 11:21PM
Wannabe
smiling smileyMaybe the CL thing is a trap but mine is a real suggestion. winking smiley

Just teasing, up for a late night feeding with the little one. I had a bad experience with hot yoga, involving a hangover and an ex girlfriend
Creech
Scott Creech
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Audi 90 Quattro (WIP)

January 14, 2013 01:54AM
Wannabe
I've come across a couple of these gizmos at gyms and this last time I couldn't help but think of a roll cage.....

Sorry, but I just cannot visualize how this "gizmo" can be utilised for Sex....

Parfois, on fait pas semblant!

I am:
I know:
I am from:

Nobody.
Nothing.
Nowhere.
Wannabe
Anne Francis
Super Moderator

January 14, 2013 11:20PM
aj_johnson
Wannabe

Just teasing, up for a late night feeding with the little one. I had a bad experience with hot yoga, involving a hangover and an ex girlfriend

Awww, I figured that out after I posted, no problem. How is the little guy? I gave Grant a couple of songs to sing to his little one....here's one of my all time favorites I remember from my childhood, my mother would sing it you can play around with the words but if you ever get in a bind...it's sure to calm. smiling smiley

And Creech....what's next "Show me ?" (Couldn't resist), Use your imaginative creativity tongue sticking out smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login