Off Topic
Don\
Welcome! Log In Register

Advanced

Room/space to rent this summer near Kent.

Posted by Robert Culbertson 
Robert Culbertson
Out of this dumpster fire
Junior Moderator

Room/space to rent this summer near Kent.
March 19, 2013 03:56PM
I might be spending this summer in the Kent/Sleezattle area. Does anyone have a spare room they wouldn't mind renting out. Shoot, I'll live in a tent if I have to. I would appreciate a place where I could wrench too. I can come with one or more cars, and probably two bicycles.
I'm also not opposed to renting a house, but those tend to more $. Anyone want to be roomies!? I'm about as normal as someone on here can be....
I also love meth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2013 07:30PM by Robert Culbertson.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Re: Room/space to rent this summer near Kent.
March 19, 2013 04:12PM
Robert Culbertson
I might be spending this summer in the Kent/Sleezattle area. Does anyone have a spare room they wouldn't mind renting out. Shoot, I'll live in a tent if I have to. I would appreciate a place where I could wrench too. I can come with one or more cars, and probably two bicycles.
I'm also not opposed to renting a house, but those tend to more $. Anyone want to be roomies!? I'm about as normal as someone on here can be....

Well! (Harumph!) that ain't saying a lot!!!!

Why Kent? into meth?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
danster
Haggis Muncher
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
VWs (for my sins)

March 19, 2013 04:57PM
john vanlandingham
into meth?

Well he does rally a FWD VW so the signs are there......

Mind you Kent appears to be on the coast, so I'll bet this location is ideal for nipping down to the docks of an evening and stealing all those ferry bolts off the ships to sell to rallyists for their inner CVs joints. He will probably make a packet doing that to fund his crack habit. So on that basis it sounds like an astute business move to me.

Disappointingly not yet a Jackass
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

March 19, 2013 07:09PM
danster
john vanlandingham
into meth?

Well he does rally a FWD VW so the signs are there......

Mind you Kent appears to be on the coast, so I'll bet this location is ideal for nipping down to the docks of an evening and stealing all those ferry bolts off the ships to sell to rallyists for their inner CVs joints. He will probably make a packet doing that to fund his crack habit. So on that basis it sounds like an astute business move to me.

Yep..
And me geographically chellenged mate, Kent is on water but not the sea, it's nestled in the scenic Kent Valley which looks nothing like the Kent somewhere Souf a London, not with a 14,493 foot volcano looming ominously in the background:

Yes looking ominously. The gentle river at the bottom of the vally is all that left of the last time a glacier flowing down from that nice volcano, Mt Rainier, passed by with about 1000 feet of ice forming the valley...
Well that won't happen any time soon but at any moment Mt Rainer could warm up and that'll melt millions of gallons of mud and sand which will pour down the whole valley a60-120 miles and hour and bury everything in the valley under a couple of hundred feet of sand and mud..

So ominous is that that there is an oppressive pall that hangs over the place and people try to distract themselves from their miserable pitiful state with strong powerful drugs and a delusion called "Conservatism" being the popular methods...

When the inevitable happens we who were smrat enough to locate ourseleves on the high ridges can look forward to some enjoyable passtimes there like this
instead of traffic and smog..and the gloomy funk...

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Robert Culbertson
Junior Moderator

March 19, 2013 07:30PM
Fixed the meth problem *
danster
Haggis Muncher
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
VWs (for my sins)

March 19, 2013 07:36PM
LOL. Damn your country is big! A bit of a google geography fail there. I only zoomed out a few times and saw water to the west within two miles and presumed it was ocean.
Try more than a couple of clicks zooming out on my country and it disappears off the screen!!

The water in that bottom pic looks weird blue. Is that one of them, eh what are they called.... miromatic lakes? You know, two layers of water sort of thing.

Robert Culbertson
Junior Moderator

March 19, 2013 07:43PM
I'd call it photoshop.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

March 19, 2013 09:26PM
danster
LOL. Damn your country is big! A bit of a google geography fail there. I only zoomed out a few times and saw water to the west within two miles and presumed it was ocean.
Try more than a couple of clicks zooming out on my country and it disappears off the screen!!

The water in that bottom pic looks weird blue. Is that one of them, eh what are they called.... miromatic lakes? You know, two layers of water sort of thing.

Yeah Danny, its truly huge. And there so much beauty in the country all over really..

And then just a 120miles norf of here there's Canada and its like huge.
Lookie at the area for all the not-really-so-Untidy Kingdom-of Grape-Britain-an Norfern Ireland---93,400 square miles....

Washlincoln State Ranked 18th in the U.S.
- Total 71,300 sq mi
Oregon 98,380.64<-----fawk me its bigger than the whole of Grape Britain and there only about 800 people in it!

Alaska alone is 21% of the total area of the country which is 3,794,083.06 sq mi

Scotland: 30,414 sq mi
That's like South Carolina 32,020.20sq mi, 40th in area..

It's toatlly amazing and I've lived here a while and there and I never thought of Britain or Belgium or France as small Total 674,843 km2 (41st)
260,558 sq mi But even if France is the size of Texas, it's just one of so many..
besides France is 40 times cooler than Texas--so many rallies you can't count them, and even more moto-cross and enduros..And friendly non-puritanical girls OOOh la la,

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
SteveL
Steve Leitch
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Can't decide which to use...

March 21, 2013 01:31AM
danster
LOL. Damn your country is big! A bit of a google geography fail there.

Actually, here is a good comparison, If I walk out my front door and head for the eastern border of
Washington State, it's 400 miles... About the same distance between London and Edinburgh...

SteveL
This is the point in the killing spree when you really should turn the gun on yourself
danster
Haggis Muncher
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
VWs (for my sins)

March 21, 2013 07:02AM
SteveL
danster

Actually, here is a good comparison, If I walk out my front door and head for the eastern border of
Washington State, it's 400 miles... About the same distance between London and Edinburgh...

If I walked out my front door when I lived in Edinburgh and headed east for 400 miles I would be in.....Denmark.

john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

March 21, 2013 10:20AM
danster
SteveL
danster

If I walked out my front door when I lived in Edinburgh and headed east for 400 miles I would be in.....Denmark.

Blub blub blub! Blub! blub blub. HA-blub!
you'd still be plodding along amongst the haddock and plaice 67 miles short of your goal, nearest point in Jylland.. blub blub..

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
danster
Haggis Muncher
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
VWs (for my sins)

March 21, 2013 01:15PM
john vanlandingham
danster
SteveL
danster

you'd still be plodding along amongst the haddock and plaice 67 miles short of your goal, nearest point in Jylland.. blub blub..

Feckin pendants! Ok, I'll try again.....
If I walked out my front door when I lived in the eastern suburbs of Edinburgh and headed east for 400 miles on some kind of watercraft I would be in Denmark owned coastal waters.....probably. tongue sticking out smiley

But yeah, the old USA is pretty big. I spent a few summers working in those summer camps in upstate NY and PA. You know the camps I mean, the ones the parents pack their hyper active children off to for a couple of months for some unlucky soul like me to look after and give them a break.
One time I bought a Honda Civic, it was white and just like the one in Pulp Fiction. 1500 stick shift. Drove that little car from upstate NY down to the bottom of Florida then over to New Orleans, on to New Mexico then up the middle trying my hand for big bluey catfish in Lake El Dorado in Kansas. Then up to Minnesota then Chicago and back to NY.
Within a week of arriving back in Scotland I was headed out to Romania with some charity for the orphanages out there. Talk about cultural differences.

john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

March 21, 2013 03:14PM
danster
john vanlandingham
danster
SteveL
danster

Feckin pendants! Ok, I'll try again.....
If I walked out my front door when I lived in the eastern suburbs of Edinburgh and headed east for 400 miles on some kind of watercraft I would be in Denmark owned coastal waters.....probably. tongue sticking out smiley

But yeah, the old USA is pretty big. I spent a few summers working in those summer camps in upstate NY and PA. You know the camps I mean, the ones the parents pack their hyper active children off to for a couple of months for some unlucky soul like me to look after and give them a break.
One time I bought a Honda Civic, it was white and just like the one in Pulp Fiction. 1500 stick shift. Drove that little car from upstate NY down to the bottom of Florida then over to New Orleans, on to New Mexico then up the middle trying my hand for big bluey catfish in Lake El Dorado in Kansas. Then up to Minnesota then Chicago and back to NY.
Within a week of arriving back in Scotland I was headed out to Romania with some charity for the orphanages out there. Talk about cultural differences.

How old were you in your US adventures?
And Romanian orphanages..
Christ youze made of sterner stuff than me. Whew (from what I've seen and read. And Russian and Ukrainian ones too...Lordy.)

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
MarkHille
Mark Hille
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
I have two crap boxes

March 21, 2013 04:29PM
Random Romanian orphanage story…when I was in college I found myself in Romania. Well we went to several orphanages and one of the girls with us hated young kids so when she found out we were going to a 2-3 year old orphanage she refused to go. One thing lead to another and she ended up going. Well it didn’t take long before those little angels burned right through that cold black heart of hers. It wasn’t long before she swept one up and set her right on her lap…sure enough it wasn’t 5 minutes before there was a wet spot on the girls leg where it used to be dry. The kid couldn’t have planned it happening to a better person. Even after the girl was peed on that cold heart of hers grew 10 times the size it was. We made sure to give her grief about it. Hahaha. Rosa quickly became my favorite….I wonder how she is doing today. Good memories. Sorry it’s so off topic.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

March 21, 2013 04:44PM
MarkHille
Random Romanian orphanage story…when I was in college I found myself in Romania. Well we went to several orphanages and one of the girls with us hated young kids so when she found out we were going to a 2-3 year old orphanage she refused to go. One thing lead to another and she ended up going. Well it didn’t take long before those little angels burned right through that cold black heart of hers. It wasn’t long before she swept one up and set her right on her lap…sure enough it wasn’t 5 minutes before there was a wet spot on the girls leg where it used to be dry. The kid couldn’t have planned it happening to a better person. Even after the girl was peed on that cold heart of hers grew 10 times the size it was. We made sure to give her grief about it. Hahaha. Rosa quickly became my favorite….I wonder how she is doing today. Good memories. Sorry it’s so off topic.

No off topic in off topic. Good story.
Hows things going anay way? What have I forgotten to send?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2013 04:44PM by john vanlandingham.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login