Please Login or Register to post a reply
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Re: Bet you can't do this.
December 17, 2013 11:44AM
Danny I'm guesing that up there in Caledonia, eh? But whereever, what is with the brightness on sharp colors? I would almost think that there was actually some "sun" shining, but I know that cannot be so?
So is it all photoshopped?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Robert Culbertson
Out of this dumpster fire
Infallible Moderator

December 17, 2013 08:57PM
Not photoshopped. All of the riders are elite trials (bicycle) riders, just having some fun on a roadie bike.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

December 17, 2013 10:07PM
Robert Culbertson
Not photoshopped. All of the riders are elite trials (bicycle) riders, just having some fun on a roadie bike.

Silly boy the question was about if they photoshopped the bright shining thing..
Guess you wouldn't know about either.
See, a long time ago I lived further South in a place called "Berzerkley" and later in San Hose-off--ya know, where Michael Hoche-mong lives, and in Insantity Cruise and they had this thing called a "SUN" and it was fawkin bright and hot, and the colors were all washed out and ya squinted a lot...

Now these vids I believe are on West Coast of Scotland or maybe Blackpool in Lancashire, but I'm just guessing that's the Irish Sea. looks like it..
I'm axing Danny cause he lives in the wild and wooly place full of serious crazy bastids called "Scots" (who ironically enough originally came from what is now just the other side of the Irish Sea called "Ulster", so we're all fucked up on the names of the places but that's another story)
Anyway knowing what I do about where Danny is from I know its never sunny there...you have the Irish sea on the one side and at its narrowest its Turdy-nine miles across till you come to the Norf Sea and justy Norf past John O'Groats there haint nuthin till you get to the Norf Pole---so storms blow in like clockwork and it always rains, and often is foggier than shit, and it blows and blows and its fawkin freezing

So how did they arrange the "sun" thing?..

cause it sure is beautiful when it's sunny.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Pete
Pete Remner
Infallible Moderator

December 17, 2013 10:21PM
I used to could do trials kind of fun... it was the ONLY kind of riding for the trails we had access to, and then we'd sometimes take field trips to downtown to play on the rails and ledges, or go to the breakwater at the beach where there was a half mile long stretch of 6' cube-ish rocks that were nowhere near level or inline with each other... fun fun fun!

Then I realized, shit, it's been ten years and I haven't broken a bone yet, and I have responsibilities and my job won't wait for me if I have to spend six weeks off work waiting for my collarbone to knit, and that was maybe 10-15 years ago and I'm lucky if I can balance on one wheel anymore.

Pete Remner
Cleveland, Ohio

1984 RX-7 (rallycross thing)
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.
danster
Haggis Muncher
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
VWs (for my sins)

December 19, 2013 09:33AM
We do occasionally get sun here and it is very nice. But for me, whenever that single summer day comes I seem to spend it on the end of a chainsaw collecting as much wood as possible for the stove to keep me from freezing for the other 364 days of the year.

In all honesty I don't really know where the filming was done. I suspect various countries though. These vids are well know so I am sure a bit of googling would shed light on locations.
Recently and prior to finishing the second vid, unfortunately it seems Martyn Ashton suffered a serious accident whilst performing a trick which caused serious spinal damage and he is unlikely to ever ride a bike again. The two other riders, Chris Akrigg and Danny MacAskill stepped in to assist with the finishing of the project.

Disappointingly not yet a Jackass
BJosephD
Brian j Dyer
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
04 Rocky Mountain MTB...

December 19, 2013 09:46AM
Great vids! forget the bike, i could not do any of those two things on my two feet...
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

December 19, 2013 09:54AM
danster

Recently and prior to finishing the second vid, unfortunately it seems Martyn Ashton suffered a serious accident whilst performing a trick which caused serious spinal damage and he is unlikely to ever ride a bike again. The two other riders, Chris Akrigg and Danny MacAskill stepped in to assist with the finishing of the project.

Shit.
Spine...poor bastid. I think I mentioned that a few years ago--2? 3? I had 2 operations in rapid succession to repair crushed vertebrae in 2 places....
The causes were just cumulative pounding over 20 years--25 years or more before and it was terrible pain 24/7.. And Danny, you ride bikes , you know what stupid stuff we do and how much some stuff hurts...
This was worse than anything--worse than bad knee injuries but worse was I had no idea , no answer for 10 years what was causing it...

Poor bastid, I wouldn't wish spine injuries on anybody.
At least he knows what happened.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login