Off Topic
Don\
Welcome! Log In Register

Advanced

What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

Posted by NBS2005 
NBS2005
Jeff Rivera
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1993 Mazda 323

What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
January 30, 2014 09:17AM
A bit disillusioned at work today.

I'd run a race team. Endurance sports cars. I might drive as well, but probably not as I'm old and slow (Ok, I could be the 3rd gentlemen driver that goes out for a short stint with explicit instructions not to get in anyones way or break anything). I think I'd love the challenge of that. It would be fantastic to give young drivers a shot. I'd particularly like to support women racers (I have an 11 year old daughter), giving them a ride and NOT encourage them to pose in a bikini.

I was having dinner with a friend last night who does design and started his on successful firm a few years back. He talked about writing your goals down (I know John is a big proponent of that). I need to write down a plan. While it might not work, if I don't write it down, it never will.

What would you do?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2014 09:34AM by NBS2005.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Jens
Jens
Mega Moderator

Re: What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
January 30, 2014 09:27AM
The first thing that comes to mind is to jump in an F-16 and fly it. (I'm not a pilot, but always wanted to be).
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

Re: What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
January 30, 2014 01:25PM
NBS2005
I was having dinner with a friend last night who does design and started his on successful firm a few years back. He talked about writing your goals down (I know John is a big proponent of that). I need to write down a plan. While it might not work, if I don't write it down, it never will.

Find and read the book Rework. It has some interesting ideas about business in today's day and age.

Writing them down somewhere you will regularly see them is important. I get these running "to do" lists and they disappear in email and I don't end up doing everything.
I often find money is used as the biggest excuse for not doing something. I use it all the time.
No matter what you do, self employment is 100% sales. How you sell yourself and selling a decent product is what is almost always what is the most important.
I have a fluid business plan that is related to rally.

I'd join NASA and become and astronaut.

Grant Hughes
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login