fiasco
Andrew Steere
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
too rich for my blood, share a LeMons car

Re: Who else rides dirty bikes?
July 21, 2014 10:00PM
urr
I don't have any good after pictures, but there's a new plate and 6 screws holding things together. Mobility is coming back, just a lot slower than I thought it would, getting old I guess...

Hope you're getting some OT/PT. A good OT who specializes in hand/wrist work can do wonders (so says the guy who cut five tendons off his right wrist with a circular saw, and the biggest drawback ended up being the inability to flip somebody off properly with that hand).

Gotta work that scar tissue to keep it in check, or getting the mobility back gets more difficult. I should've kept up my exercises on my own longer after the OT $$$ ran out.

Andrew Steere
Lyndeborough, NH
KB1PJY
Please Login or Register to post a reply
b00sted
David Barrett
Mod Moderator

August 01, 2014 06:01PM
This is my 01 kx250 that I sold last summer. I think I'm going to pick up a 4-stroke Enduro/Dual-sport bike for next summer.

john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

August 01, 2014 11:23PM
b00sted
This is my 01 kx250 that I sold last summer. I think I'm going to pick up a 4-stroke Enduro/Dual-sport bike for next summer.

Why? Why voluntarily saddle oneself with some engine that is so poorly designed it needs all kinds of junk that superior engines don't even need?
And, unlike those engines with all the etraneous junk like cams and valves and valve springs, the superior engine you had fires every time the piston goes up instead of occasionally, every now and then...talk about an incruable chronic misfire? Ever wonder why for a given engine size and power level those expensive things with all that extra junk has to rev more or less twice as much to make the same power?

Such a nice bike and you sold it.....confused smiley

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
mothra
Matt Smith
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
xr4ti

August 05, 2014 09:56AM
I have been riding Adventure bikes for years. They are fat pigs when you push them offroad. I picked this up this up last night.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/ustida3gl50z862/AACwyQdWDD0tADP1WZ5w5InXa

It's a bit lighter than my BMW dakar

Matt Smith

Racing in glorious black and red

My daily life is a Saab story (sold!)
urr
Andrew Sutherland
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Subaru, EVO, Honda, Husky

urr
August 06, 2014 06:47PM
mothra
I have been riding Adventure bikes for years. They are fat pigs when you push them offroad. I picked this up this up last night.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/ustida3gl50z862/AACwyQdWDD0tADP1WZ5w5InXa

It's a bit lighter than my BMW dakar

Good bike! I had one for a hot minute, even did a rally moto event on it...
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_2931A_crop.jpg (19.8 KB)
IMG_2931A_crop.jpg
urr
Andrew Sutherland
Super Moderator

Rally Car:

urr
August 06, 2014 06:55PM
working the ktm 690 at the High Desert Trails rally in 2010.....all this bike talk is bumming me out!
Attachments:
open | download - HDT image 1 cropped.jpg (52.4 KB)
HDT image 1 cropped.jpg
mothra
Matt Smith
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
xr4ti

August 06, 2014 07:47PM
I'm hoping to try some rallymoto next year. This thing almost drives itself.

Matt Smith

Racing in glorious black and red

My daily life is a Saab story (sold!)
deaner
Dane Aura
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
PS4 controller

August 11, 2014 05:25PM
Been busy with motorciccles for awhile. Entered my first enduro ooooooh about 2 weeks ago? 50 miles of tight, bar banging single track. On top of me sucking in the thick trees(really should lob an inch off my bars lol) it was a mudfest. Black dirt and raaaaaaain. Plus it was routed through some "normally" dry marshland that filled right up with all the rain we've had this year. Sweet Jesus mud bog!!!! Waste deep holes that went on for about a hundred feet each and the ones that had "lily pads" across em were pretty much worthless. After almost losing it over the first "lily pad" crossing, I opted to downshift and just pin it through the mid/water haha. The 3rd one I realized why they had them! Still surprised I didn't drown the bike out on that one......2 feet of water on top of a foot of mud. Anyhow, at about the 34 mile mark I houred out and my day was done. Talk about a trial by fire!

Ran my second one yesterday and ended up finishing second in my class. Got a trophy and I guess actually took 1st because the guy that beat me won "C" overall and was pulled out of the class, so I got bumped up. Works for me! Boosts the ego anyhow to come home with a 1st place trophy haha. The trails couldn't have been any more perfect yesterday. Little bit of moisture with lots of grip and no soft spots! I could tell the trail designers wanted us to pay for the couple of freebie quad trails they had to use in the second to last section because the last 10 mile section was nothing but trail clearing. Beat to hell, ping ponging off trees, feeling very greatful for having a nice pair of bark busters haha. If you'd have asked me yesterday if I was planning on running the next one I would have made up some excuse or hee'd and hawed with maybes or I'll have to check my time off. This morning? Yup! I'll be there! Haha 2 weeks til the next one!
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

August 11, 2014 05:32PM
deaner
Been busy with motorciccles for awhile. Entered my first enduro ooooooh about 2 weeks ago? 50 miles of tight, bar banging single track. On top of me sucking in the thick trees(really should lob an inch off my bars lol) it was a mudfest. Black dirt and raaaaaaain. Plus it was routed through some "normally" dry marshland that filled right up with all the rain we've had this year. Sweet Jesus mud bog!!!! Waste deep holes that went on for about a hundred feet each and the ones that had "lily pads" across em were pretty much worthless. After almost losing it over the first "lily pad" crossing, I opted to downshift and just pin it through the mid/water haha. The 3rd one I realized why they had them! Still surprised I didn't drown the bike out on that one......2 feet of water on top of a foot of mud. Anyhow, at about the 34 mile mark I houred out and my day was done. Talk about a trial by fire!

Ran my second one yesterday and ended up finishing second in my class. Got a trophy and I guess actually took 1st because the guy that beat me won "C" overall and was pulled out of the class, so I got bumped up. Works for me! Boosts the ego anyhow to come home with a 1st place trophy haha. The trails couldn't have been any more perfect yesterday. Little bit of moisture with lots of grip and no soft spots! I could tell the trail designers wanted us to pay for the couple of freebie quad trails they had to use in the second to last section because the last 10 mile section was nothing but trail clearing. Beat to hell, ping ponging off trees, feeling very greatful for having a nice pair of bark busters haha. If you'd have asked me yesterday if I was planning on running the next one I would have made up some excuse or hee'd and hawed with maybes or I'll have to check my time off. This morning? Yup! I'll be there! Haha 2 weeks til the next one!

For me my last half-serious bike race was 182 miles in the woods in one day + 10 miles----5 laps @ 2miles a lap around a lengthened moto-cross track..

I thought it was "a good fun day in the woods" 4th 500 A class..4th best "special test" score OA..
I lurv bikes in the woods.

Now you may see why I say sitting on one's ass in a nice comfy low powered car is easy...and how I am thunderstruck that events need 3-4 days to do easy 120 miles.
What the fuck?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

August 11, 2014 07:21PM
john vanlandingham
how I am thunderstruck that events need 3-4 days to do easy 120 miles.

Take that 182 enduro and every ten or twenty miles give a one hour break and see how much more tiring it is.
Not saying we shouldn't be able to do more miles in a day and rally, just that it's the hurry up and wait followed by a huge adrenalin rush followed by a drop and boredom followed by another rush. Up and down and up and down.

Grant Hughes
deaner
Dane Aura
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
PS4 controller

August 13, 2014 10:54AM
I couldn't imagine running that type of mileage in a day.... I'm still pretty new too though and 50-60 miles kicks the crap out of me haha. The first enduro I ran didn't have really any connecting roads/trails/etc and was one giant tree dodging loop. It's amazing how even a few hundred yards of easy trail or a fire road, gives you a breather and a rest. Helps the mind clear a bit... aaaaand then right back into the trees haha.

Long breaks are the worst! I don't have any experience with cars but sitting around waiting for your row to leave sucks! This last one I made fuel stop damn near on my minute. The organizers put the fuel stop right before a 20mi section and planned it to give a us a nice break.... Yeah, almost 45minutes of muscles tightening up and sitting around. When you're beat, it's almost easier to ride than it is to walk around or pick your bike up haha. I'm excited to revalve the suspension on my YZ to see what it does to my pace when I get tired. It's sprung heavy on stock valving and is an ass kicker in the rocks and roots. Goes like hell on the fast whooped stuff though lol.
Clayto
Clayton McCrary
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
XRatty purchased. Now build it!!

August 15, 2014 07:49PM
Good memories!!

I used to run Enduro in Colorado early 90's.

KTM400 bored to 450smiling smiley

Blew thru tires like a hooker blowing.......never mind.

Then I hit a treesad smiley
Wannabe
Anne Francis
Ultra Moderator

August 18, 2014 11:43PM
urr
Bikes are great, but it hurts more when you have a big "off".....this was six weeks ago...

7 years old I took my first spill on 2 wheels hit the brakes on a new bike in a gravel driveway fell chin forward broke both jaws, plastic surgery as a child the whole works. 20 years later on a Honda Elite scooter tooling around my college campus I was side smashed in an intersection bumps on my head still. I know men don't like taking driving advice but I'm just saying' I wouldn't even ride a bike in "Fall City", not even in September, October or November …. winking smiley
urr
Andrew Sutherland
Super Moderator

Rally Car:

urr
August 19, 2014 12:54PM
Wannabe
I wouldn't even ride a bike in "Fall City", not even in September, October or November …. winking smiley

I won't be able to ride until 2015 at the rate my wrist is healing...

You sound like my mom, who lives in Fall City and is named Ann....what are the odds??
Wannabe
Anne Francis
Ultra Moderator

August 24, 2014 09:40PM
urr
Wannabe
I wouldn't even ride a bike in "Fall City", not even in September, October or November …. winking smiley

I won't be able to ride until 2015 at the rate my wrist is healing...

You sound like my mom, who lives in Fall City and is named Ann....what are the odds??

I can adopt you if you want, I've been known to take in strays and nurture them to health.

Take it easy and make sure you are not further creating inflammation around the injury site. If you smoke you should stop and if you haven't been in CA long you may be deficient in vitamin D and might want to consider supplements to help strengthen for the next fall.

Take care smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2014 09:42PM by Wannabe.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login