Advanced

...building a RAT SHIP....

Posted by Jens 
Jens
Jens
Junior Moderator

...building a RAT SHIP....
March 01, 2008 01:35AM
In keeping with the spirit of ***Anarchy*** I wish to express something about the banning of John Vanlandingham from Special Stage.

I don't agree with some of John's writings, or his manner, but I am outraged that he was banned from Special Stage's forums.

It brings to mind a quote from one of my favorite movies, "The Scent of a Woman", where Al Pacino goes ballistic over a bunch of bullshit at a prep school.

He says, "You're building a rat ship here. A vessel for sea going snitches..." "....I say you are killing the very spirit this institution proclaims it instills. What a sham!"

He goes on to say, "If I were the man I was five years ago I'd take a flame-thrower to this place!!"

Take these quotes and interpret my meaning in whatever manner blows your skirt up.

Here is the entire script from the scene I am referring to.
In my opinion much of it applies to what happened: http://www.whysanity.net/monos/scent.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2008 11:00AM by Jens.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
mothra
Matt Smith
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
xr4ti

Re: ...building a RAT SHIP....
March 13, 2008 03:43PM
Jens, I am right there with you. Sometimes John pisses me off to no end and I frequently diagree with his opinions and communication style. Strangely we get along fine in person and on the phone. That being said SS is not what it used to be. If you don't believe scroll down the Car Construction forum.

Matt Smith

Racing in glorious black and red

My daily life is a Saab story (sold!)
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login