wvonkessler
Wilson von Kessler
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Colts are in Finland; now '87 325i, '89 325i

Rally
July 13, 2012 12:07PM
Yeah Ubuntu!

"Talk about drugs. Driving a car like that, going that fast, it’s like all the drugs at once." - Tommy Byrne

"Now, Pinky, if by any chance you are captured during this mission, remember you are Gunther Heindriksen from Appenzell. You moved to Grindelwald to drive the cog train to Murren. Can you repeat that?" - The Brain

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2012 07:06PM by wvonkessler.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Ian S
Ian Seppanen
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
1991 Nissan 240SX

Re: RA sanction/insurance issues?
July 13, 2012 12:23PM
The post about paying entries directly to the event is in reaction to some problems certain events have had when dealing with RA.

As competitors, our entry fee's have traditionally been paid to RA, who then passes the money off to event committee.

Apparently there have been some serious delays in this process since the new ownership took over. This means that organizers had to front the money for the event, then wait for RA to reimburse. I have heard rumors of some organizers waiting more then a month for said check to show up.

Money from entry fees are needed to pay for the things that make a rally happen, and we can't expect organizers to drop $20,000 on an event, then float RA for a month+.

Instead events are taking payment directly.

I Seppanen, Car #240
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

July 13, 2012 12:29PM
All the organizers heard Bill Caswell say he wasn't going to run RA events anymore because they only offer $50k in excess medical compared to NASA's 1 mil and now they are all afraid that the rest of the competitor base is going to follow Bill as well so they now all are preparing to abandon Rally America and join NASA's new championship called the Global World Rallying Championship. Except STPR, they are so upset they go on their first drinking binge in 35 years and end up drunk dialing Ivan Orisek and end up joining the USRC which then becomes NY events and STPR because the west coast events also bailed on USRC and are now part of the GWRC.

Grant Hughes
Ian S
Ian Seppanen
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
1991 Nissan 240SX

July 14, 2012 11:42AM
NoCoast
All the organizers heard Bill Caswell say he wasn't going to run RA events anymore because they only offer $50k in excess medical compared to NASA's 1 mil and now they are all afraid that the rest of the competitor base is going to follow Bill as well so they now all are preparing to abandon Rally America and join NASA's new championship called the Global World Rallying Championship. Except STPR, they are so upset they go on their first drinking binge in 35 years and end up drunk dialing Ivan Orisek and end up joining the USRC which then becomes NY events and STPR because the west coast events also bailed on USRC and are now part of the GWRC.

Tru Dat!

I Seppanen, Car #240
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login