Aaron Luptak
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Civic...

Cascadia Cup?
December 13, 2012 09:15AM
seen on facebook: http://cascadiairc.com/

the only information on that website
Welcome to the future home of North America's newest rally series - the Cascadia International Rally Championship.

(Powered by DirtFish)

Inquiring minds and all that...

(Somebody should let them know that, if they want it to be the "Cascadia International Rally Championship", their logo probably shouldn't say "Cascadia Cup". Cascadia Cup is a much better name though...)

KF7RWG
http://www.utahrallygroup.com
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Anders Green
Anders Green
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Parked

Re: Cascadia Cup?
December 13, 2012 12:26PM
Web site registered just 7 days ago. Here's the info:

Clark, Lee lee@dirtfish.com
Dirtfish Rally School
7001 396th DR SE
Snoqualmie, Washington 98065
United States

So, the answer is... call DirtFish.

Grassroots rally. It's what I think about.
Aaron Luptak
Aaron Luptak
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Civic...

December 13, 2012 01:36PM
Anders Green
So, the answer is... call DirtFish.

but what fun would that be? I came here for rumors and lies, not facts!

KF7RWG
http://www.utahrallygroup.com
slidewayswrx
Patrick Darrow
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Swedish John Deere

December 13, 2012 02:06PM
We've already got a cascadia cup. Needs to be more different. You want to relate it to the Mls rivalry, that's fine but it needs a twist. CRC Cascadia Rally Cup?

Just my two cents as a citizen of cascadia and passionate fan of both sports.

Most of all thanks to those putting in the effort to make this happen.

Zap zap my ass...
Rallymech
Robert Gobright
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
91 VW GTI 8V

December 13, 2012 03:14PM
I saw that Derek Nelson was running that decal on his car last weekend. I think it must be some Dirtfish marketing thing.

Robert.

"You are way too normal to be on Rally Anarchy." Eddie Fiorelli.
slidewayswrx
Patrick Darrow
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Swedish John Deere

December 13, 2012 03:29PM
It's not just DirtFish.

Zap zap my ass...
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

December 14, 2012 12:45AM
slidewayswrx
We've already got a cascadia cup. Needs to be more different. You want to relate it to the Mls rivalry, that's fine but it needs a twist. CRC Cascadia Rally Cup?

Just my two cents as a citizen of cascadia and passionate fan of both sports.

Most of all thanks to those putting in the effort to make this happen.

I was pretty disappointed by the lack of fans in the stands at the Portland USA women's team match. It was sold out crowd here in Denver and the match vs. China in Houston had probably twice as many people. I thought Portland was a soccer town. I guess just for the guys. smiling smiley

Cool to see Dirtfish doing more for the region.

Grant Hughes
Anders Green
Anders Green
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Parked

October 23, 2013 11:38AM
And, so it's been about a year, nary a peep, web site is abandoned. The time for keeping everything hush hush is long past...

Does anyone even know what it was _supposed_ to be?

Anders

Grassroots rally. It's what I think about.
Nubby
Tony Wells
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
SP Evo IX #112

October 23, 2013 01:03PM
From what I understand it was an attempt to grow rally by attracting big rig truckers to the sport:

http://www.freightlinertrucks.com/Trucks/Models/Cascadia/

Two classes: Deadhead & Haulin' Ass.
HiTempguy
Banned
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 Subaru WRX STi

October 23, 2013 07:57PM
Anders Green
And, so it's been about a year, nary a peep, web site is abandoned. The time for keeping everything hush hush is long past...

Does anyone even know what it was _supposed_ to be?

Anders

A pet project IMO.

I liked the idea, but in the end, a solid plan was not put forth to include our events (which at the end of it all, realistically comes down to organizer discretion). Also, we (Rally Pacific Motorsports and RallyWest) already have a championship. As some US teams seem to be noticing, its a great environment to race in and we truly appreciate them coming to our events. It'd be interesting to see if it could happen in the future, but again IMO, there already is a championship that can support the limited amount of people willing to travel a day and/or cross the border. No point in diluting what there already is.
Hendo711
Dave Henderson
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
2004 Subaru SP Sti

October 27, 2013 11:43AM
OK, so there is renewed interest in a potential regional rally series combining the NW US and Western Canada. So to fill in a little about what is going on, and where this thing has been, here:

The NW US is sorely lacking a series to compete and run in a season, Rally America National is one event (2 regional), and the PNWRC has not been updated with schedule, points, or results for over a year. Some members of the rally community that formed up last year (from both side of the border) did a great job in getting things talked through but the sticking point was whether this organization was aimed at becoming a sanctioning body, a club level membership group, or merely a points series based organization, but the intent was always to add a championship series that would work with organizers to promote rally, the events, and importantly for the region, add cross border events for teams on both sides of the border and regardless of what sanctioning body they hold a license with.

To answer some of the questions above; diluting what there already is, is not the intent, as mentioned previously, the NW US has no solid series, Canada does, the group does not want to dilute this, only add to the events and competition in both regions.

The group hopes to add value, exposure and field size to events on both sides of the border, as a driver I love not only the competition of the event, but the season long battle that keeps teams focused on the season not one off events, as of now, I am focused on 2014 as the season is a wrap for us, but if there was something else on the line? I would be at Rocky and/or Big White and hopes would be that more teams would be in that position as well.

Organizers contacted previously were more than willing to be a part of the series, the groups hopes that this will be the case again for 2014, as the CIRC hopes to draw more competitors from the north to events in the US, and conversely, draw compeitors north from the the US to compete in more rounds in Canada.

Is this project a pet project, I guess so, as the groups is made up of racers, so it is more a vision of what we would like to see, a series that we would like to support, and a series that would add to what was the PNWRC and RA regional for teams from the US, and hopefully build on what the RallyWest series already has in Canada. . .

I am sure there are more questions at this point than answers, but the group hopes to firm up the plans this fall, and will issue more information in the very near future.

For the time being, to get ahold of the group, provide feedback, or let them know your team is interested, feel free to email to:

cascadiarally at charter dot net

SUSPECT MOTOR SPORTS

#541 2004 Subaru Impreza Sti

FB: https://www.facebook.com/SUSPECT541
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

October 27, 2013 12:38PM
Series are over-rated..Unless they lead somewhere--like a certain sponsorship, they mean nothing.
Indeed the excuse of "The Series Points" has been an excuse and a refuge of many a extremely slow driver.

To wit, ther was a fellow from Portland who in every single SS he finished in every single National--and many divisionals too----came second from last and was, aside from folks who stuffed and managed to get out LAST Overall in every event...yet when on-line and advising others --and questioned about where the fuck he got off advising anybody on anything because of his incredibly dismal driving, said "I was driving tactically for the SERIES POINTS..

Series are an overlay, nothing wrong but there needs to be an incentive, some carrot...

Right now it seems we need more than series, we need ROADS, People and CARS

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
heymagic
Banned
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

October 27, 2013 07:57PM
You're such a bundle of enthusiasm JV...go back to work and finish something for someone.

Hendo,

Olympus will be happy to be 'in' and I'll try and set aside some funding if that certain problem we've discussed has been taken care of.
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

October 27, 2013 10:26PM
Hendo,
We had a great thing starting with the Colorado Rally Cup in 08 and 09. Went from like 9 regulars to 25 or so for Rally Colorado's local entries. The demise of Rally Colorado fucked us and we no longer had a series. I still have all the rule sets, point systems, and such if you'd like to see them. Same idea, local series run by us racers with organizer support. Local Subaru dealer that has a rally team, Flatirons, got onboard and helped with some funding that let us give money and cool beer mug trophies.
Speaking of, that should be the only trophy ever considered. The bigger it is the better. I use the ~24 ounce one from 2008 almost daily still.

Grant Hughes
Morison
Banned
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
(ex)86 RX-7(built), (ex)2.5RS (bought)

October 27, 2013 10:50PM
I think this has some legs ... for a couple of reasons.
- while the Western Canada Rally Championship WAS strong, it's down to four events this year - from 6 only a few years ago - and the ones that are around are facing challenges from the organiser or roads front. (Entries were strongish)
- Let the WCRC events fold into Cascadia and you end up with a good series.
- A good, meaningful, championship ALWAYS helps event entry numbers and gives teams consistent competition to 'fight with.' A championship that would regularly feature Schmidtke, Hendo, Shewchuk, Garth, Decker, Ostrowski, Nelson, van der Poel, Cavett, Cavette, Tabors etc. would be frickin' awesome.

First Rally: 2001
Driver (7), Co-Driver (44)
Drivers (16)
Clerk (10), Official (7), Volunteer (4)
Cars Built (1), Engines Built (0) Cages Built (0)
Last Updated, January 4, 2015

john vanlandingham
Blame is for idiots. losers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login