Welcome! Log In Register

Advanced

making stock fuel tank better?

Posted by Gravity Fed 
Dangermozer
Infallible Moderator

Re: making stock fuel tank better?
December 15, 2014 04:16PM
I know my old neon would get fuel starvation after long sweepers. Granted the car was a road race car. If I ever pop open the mustangs tank I'd probably put this in if its not too expensive.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Gravity Fed
Alex Staidle
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Various Heaps

December 16, 2014 12:28PM
NoCoast
Rallymech
Making every last drop of fuel in the tank useable is a strong argument for needing this device.

Anymore the legs of a rally are so short that most cars barely burn through half a tank.

however... rotary engine.

First Rally: 2010 First RallyX: 2004 (a bunch)
Driver (0), Co-Driver (7)
Organizer (3), Volunteer (3)
Cars Built (2.5), Engines Blown (2) Cages Built (0) # of rotations (3.5)
Last Updated, Apr 9, 2023
hoche
Michel Hoche-Mong
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Golf, Golf, RX-3

December 17, 2014 12:59AM
I almost always leave service with full tank of gas. Whenever I can. The weight saving just isn't worth the risk and I've seen far too many cars run out of gas on transit because the team was playing games with fuel consumption.

Self-righteous douche canoe
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

December 17, 2014 10:09AM
hoche
I almost always leave service with full tank of gas. Whenever I can. The weight saving just isn't worth the risk and I've seen far too many cars run out of gas on transit because the team was playing games with fuel consumption.

Like a friend who towed 1,500 miles Seattle to Bemidji, Wisconsin, does SS1 and runs outta gas on the transit after...
The whole crew were all very smart people, all of them individually smarter people than me....

I am so glad that there are people with such intelligence and confidence out there in the world who know that 4 or 8 pounds on a total weight of 2800 lbs is so important...

Such a shame it was a DNF because they miscalculated.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

December 17, 2014 10:57AM
john vanlandingham
hoche

Like a friend who towed 1,500 miles Seattle to Bemidji, Wisconsin, does SS1 and runs outta gas on the transit after...
The whole crew were all very smart people, all of them individually smarter people than me....

Or the crew that spent $10k at Cog trying to be a big team. Then at first fuel service (that we drove right by) the driver tosses his helmet to a crew guy as he's getting out of the car and says, put this in back. Next ATC the driver looks in his helmet net and no helmet. Time barred and DNF after one stage. We discussed offering to sell him our helmet and taking the DNF for that stage. We didn't and went on to win the regional.

Grant Hughes
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login