NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

Re: Good Rallye car build?
June 03, 2015 07:34PM
MassiveWolves
I know, an amateur asking what would be a good idea or first rallye car. But I am finally able to build myself one. But i don't know where to start. Like do i need a hatchback or a coupe? Wide body or some special body? I want to make a Ford Focus rallye car or a VW Golf. Can you guys help and tell me how i could accomplish this. I have yet to find a rallye event but not looking to find one until I actually build one. What kind of engine build would I need to put it in the car?

Any body, any shape. Nasa rallysport and Rally America hold events in USA. Scca rallycross is good intro feeder.
Stock or nearly is best place to start. You can buy a car and go rallycross it tomorrow, no need to wait until it's fully built. Then you can start meeting people and getting pointers so you don't make a bunch of mistakes like most people seem to love doing these days.
VW Golf if those are your only choices.
My personal preference for starter cars for most people are 93-01 Impreza/90-94 Legacy for AWD or BMW E36 for 2WD. Straight shell, no rust, and five speed are more important than most other things.

Grant Hughes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2015 08:53PM by NoCoast.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
RileySteenFRT
Riley steen
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Focus ZX3

June 08, 2015 01:15PM
buy my focus stuff.... $1500, email me at rallyrevolution@yahoo.com and ill tell ya what ya get, in short, clean shell, spare control arms, ported and polished head, FR intake manifold, 50mm knuckles, half a rear disc conversion, and buckets and boxes of cool parts for it. im building a merkur. trust me. the buckets are full and its well worth it. john has a parts list somewhere i emailed him at some point. come take it from me
RileySteenFRT
Riley steen
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Focus ZX3

June 08, 2015 01:18PM
it had 101k on it, fairly rust free, any rusty subframes have replacements that are basically new with the car. its already stripped and half apart for ya!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login