Posted by MarkHille 
MarkHille
Mark Hille
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
I have two crap boxes

Brake booster removal
August 24, 2015 08:42AM
So I finally got the car back out on the road to test after the having put in the duel master set up. I basically copied what john has done for XRs in the past. I have wilwood calipers front and rear and the cheaper race pads for them. The front master is 0.7 and the rear is 0.75. I have an inline brake bias adjuster to set up the bias. Everything seems to be working. The pedal is hard and nothing is leaking. The only thing is that you have to press them pretty hard to lock them up on pavement. Is there any safety issue.....No. I'm just curious what everyone else has for a setup. I could get different masters and change it so you don't have to push as hard. I could change the leverage angle but at this point I don't see that happening. I could see the pressure differential actually helping with brake modulation especially on gravel.

So how is everyone else's setup? What are people's preferences for brake pedal pressures?

So far this seems much better than going from boost to brake and having a pedal that would be different every time I stepped on it......
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Slowwpoke
Dave Clark "The Lesser"
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Merkur XR4Ti

Re: Brake booster removal
August 24, 2015 10:47PM
I absolutely LOVE a hard... pedal. It took a while to get used to, and I inadvertantly try to lock up the tires every time I hop back in the tow rig after a rally. But I've found its MUCH easier to play on the edge of locking the tires while racing on gravel. I can't stand a squishy pedal anymore. Plus, all the cool kids do it.
czwalga
steve czwalga
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
95 awd celica

Re: Brake booster removal
August 25, 2015 07:30AM
I have a .7 front and .75 rear; with a balance bar. I believe I have it adding a little more to the front.

The problem is I don't get to test much (or ever), so its hard to say what I like and don't like.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login