Posted by peliwego 
hoche
Michel Hoche-Mong
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Golf, Golf, RX-3

Re: water splashy
March 07, 2016 05:29PM
I don't lift for straight on water splashes - gotta carry as much momentum through as possible. My skidplate is such that the whole front of the car will hydroplane (think swamp buggy) and then I'll lose speed and it'll settle down and it's a slog the rest of the way through. That's for the concrete low-water bridges. For stream crossings where it's unknown what's below the water you have to have a bit of care and evaluate each one individually.

Be careful of the spots where the road turns just for the entrance to a concrete low-water bridge. That corner may look tempting to cut but it can be hiding a rather abrupt edge to the bridge and cutting it is a sure way to rip off a wheel or find yourself highcentered with half the car on the bridge and half in the river.

Self-righteous douche canoe
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Dante
Allan Dantes
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
87 Mazda LSRX-7

March 08, 2016 08:16AM
DG_Rally
I slow down for the big ones. I used to just say f-it but the time lost seems like a lower risk move than getting super wet, crashing or breaking stuff. I must be getting old. tongue sticking out smiley

After we reviewed your Ojibwe 2015 notes, we have determined this is a lie!

Owner, Driver, Head Mechanic, and Janitor at Tower City Race Team, headquartered near L'Anse. Michigan.
Driver / CoDriver in Rally America, NASARallySport, ARA, AMS, UPMDA, Champ Off Road

https://www.facebook.com/TowerCityRaceTeam/
https://www.instagram.com/towercityraceteam/
DG_Rally
Dave Grenwis
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
'92 VW Golf

March 08, 2016 01:16PM
Dante
DG_Rally
I slow down for the big ones. I used to just say f-it but the time lost seems like a lower risk move than getting super wet, crashing or breaking stuff. I must be getting old. tongue sticking out smiley

After we reviewed your Ojibwe 2015 notes, we have determined this is a lie!

After reviewing your Ojibwe 2015 notes, we have determined that you shouldn't slow down for the big jump this year. smileys with beer

Dave Grenwis - DG Rally - www.dgrally.com
peliwego
Jimmy Pelizzari
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
'88 Mazda 323 GTX

March 10, 2016 09:42AM
Cool. Thanks for the pointers!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login