Bob Legere
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
1971 Opel Ascona

Re: Mark 4 VW 1.8T GTi Build - RallyCross - MF Class
May 20, 2016 10:41AM
DanielSL
Bob;

Is there any chance you are still in touch with your friend that had the Group 5 car? Sounds like hes already been through most of what I am trying to accomplish; and on a much higher level.

Thanks for the input.

I stay in touch via Facebook, but not much otherwise. He lives 4 hours away from me and hasn't rallied in quite a few years. That is his orange and gray Golf depicted above. His name is Chris Havas.

Opel is a 4-letter word...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10498579@N07/sets/
Please Login or Register to post a reply
wildert
Brian Klausen
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
VW Golf GTi 16V

May 21, 2016 04:12PM
DanielSL
.... and once those are addressed, do the tune to 280+, with around 250 at the wheels.

Youse gotta be a troll!...

Brgrds
Brian

DanielSL
Daniel
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
2005 VW Mk. 4 Golf GTI 1.8T

May 21, 2016 08:13PM
Youse? Seriously? Youse.

Hello, Joe Pesci. Lmao.
wildert
Brian Klausen
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
VW Golf GTi 16V

May 22, 2016 01:13AM
DanielSL
Youse? Seriously? Youse.

It's called "humor" - usually a concept that goes down pretty well around here - guess there are exceptions.

Brgrds
Brian

john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

May 22, 2016 01:41AM
wildert
DanielSL
Youse? Seriously? Youse.

It's called "humor" - usually a concept that goes down pretty well around here - guess there are exceptions.

Usually...problem is half these mooks are so busy lookin for offense that they don't even see the humor..

Remember! in America you must always show yourself to be amazed and nearly jealously impressed at whatever anybody says they bought or are going to do..Every one is special, nobody is not amazing and any leksak or I guess you say legetøj they post a photo of is to be met with "whoa! awesome!" and "kewl"..

Try it, see how it goes...you'll be more popular if you do ad that's important.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
DanielSL
Daniel
Super Moderator

Rally Car:

May 23, 2016 05:41AM
wildert
DanielSL
Youse? Seriously? Youse.

Correct! Which is why the line after the "only" line you quoted was - Hello, Joe Pesci. Lmao.

Joe Pesci was the actor who played Cousin Vinny, in a movie called My Cousin Vinny, and he is well known in the states for the line "Deez two youts", meaning youths.

I found it similar and funny; hence the LMAO, which in the states is internet short hand for laughing my ass off", which I did.

I guess humor only translates one way with the Danish. At least your pastries are tasty.

Disregard anything John says on this thread. His only use is to make cardboard cutouts of his face, and use them for apex and handbrake turn practice.
wildert
Brian Klausen
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
VW Golf GTi 16V

May 23, 2016 10:18AM
DanielSL
wildert
DanielSL
Youse? Seriously? Youse.

Correct! Which is why the line after the "only" line you quoted was - Hello, Joe Pesci. Lmao.

Joe Pesci was the actor who played Cousin Vinny, in a movie called My Cousin Vinny, and he is well known in the states for the line "Deez two youts", meaning youths.

I found it similar and funny; hence the LMAO, which in the states is internet short hand for laughing my ass off", which I did.

I guess humor only translates one way with the Danish. At least your pastries are tasty.

Disregard anything John says on this thread. His only use is to make cardboard cutouts of his face, and use them for apex and handbrake turn practice.

Humor translates just fine with Danes - particularly sarcasm and irony.

We have an old Danish saying by a guy named Piet Hein, which translates roughly something like this: "He who believes that humor is only for fun, and only takes serious matters seriously, has a poor understanding of both concepts".

Applying this saying to our little verbal crossing of swords, I find it a bit hard to believe that your reply wasn't meant at least a bit sarcastic.

Regardless, you still fail to address the serious point in my post: namely that 250 whp is an utter waste of time in a FWD grass-o-crosser.
Heck, 200 whp is an utter waste of time until a million other things have been sorted - tires, suspension and seat time (LOTS of seat time) being at the top of the list.

So instead of discussing humor in various cultures around the world, why don't we get to the crux of the matter?

Brgrds
Brian

john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

May 23, 2016 10:21AM
DanielSL
wildert
DanielSL
Youse? Seriously? Youse.

Actually, you fucking fuck (that's humor in 49 other states) (you are a Masshole, friend, born there so a Masshole for life and if I do say so, I really have to agree with those who have been kind enough to explain what your problem is--those who took the time..thanks) my good friend wildert go back many years and from as far as I can tell he and I seem to be on a very close wave-length and his build very similar to what I stress to people here in North America for rally..

For rally...got that?

His build would be laughably ostentatious (that's English for extravagantly showy for the point of showing off) for such a little 40 second jaunt at slow speed doding a few cones that we would all be rightfully compelled to, with the best humor we could muster, explain to him the error in his ways.

That's Brian, who is an actual rally guy, and who is a human--notice he puts his full name up like he's supposed to, doesn't try and hide who he is and violate the one major rule here---
that's because he's not a Masshole living in that desolate cultural and moral waste-land that was once Florida but is now, flodded as it is with mooks from the other end of the I-95 corridor has become Flar-duh and also because he's not a complete and total bullshitter, bragging on the one hand about spending $10,000 on suspension for a POS low powered near stock Golf, building 6-10 Eye Teeth" cars but completely unable to see the difference between shitty diffs and good ones..." <------that's all humor.

Oh and since you feel we all need elucidating who Joe Pesci is and about his hilarious character...well think again...(fuck me you Masshole Flar-idiots are fuckin ignorant, aren't you?
No wonder every single idea--aside from the stock car purchace---is every single one pointless and stupid FOR AUTOP-CROSS, RALLYCROSS or RALLY---)

Go way back to the 1950s...( I don't post this for you. You're not a full human, just an inter-net troublemaker with no name, no background):
This is where "youse guys" was first and continues to enlighten the world, along with a number of other gems:

Guys and Dolls is a musical with music and lyrics by Frank Loesser and book by Jo Swerling and Abe Burrows. It is based on "The Idyll of Miss Sarah Brown" and "Blood Pressure" – two short stories by Damon Runyon,[1][2] – and also borrows characters and plot elements from other Runyon stories – most notably "Pick the Winner".[3]

The premiere on Broadway was in 1950. It ran for 1200 performances and won the Tony Award for Best Musical. The musical has had several Broadway and London revivals, as well as a 1955 film adaptation starring Marlon Brando, Jean Simmons, Frank Sinatra and Vivian Blaine.

Guys and Dolls was selected as the winner of the 1951 Pulitzer Prize for Drama. However, because of writer Abe Burrows' troubles with the House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC), the Trustees of Columbia University vetoed the selection, and no Pulitzer for Drama was awarded that year.[4]

Have I helped you understand?

I already suggested you should either be nice and listen or go and plague Facebook or something

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
DanielSL
Daniel
Super Moderator

Rally Car:

May 23, 2016 11:00AM
Brian; No sarcasm at all.

John; As usual, stop wasting bandwidth on a thread where you are not wanted.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

May 23, 2016 11:47AM
DanielSL
Brian; No sarcasm at all.

John; As usual, stop wasting bandwidth on a thread where you are not wanted.

You fucking fuck..You come here with what can only be describe as ridiculous ideas, post photos of headlights and junk totally unnecessary, write reams of probably drug or alcohol induced fantasies, ignore EVERY SINGLE PERSON advising that YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG from conception onward...and you fixate on ME as being out of step and wasting time.
You are wasting band width.

Just like the last couple of gung ho never done it "rally-crosser" fools, especially from Flar-duh and where its stupidly hot.

(It just occured to me! I don't want people to think I'm rude...So I am assuming that "You fucking fuck" is the common and ordinary form of address where you come from..It does seem appropriate but please correct me if I am mistaken..I usually make an effort to acknowledge other peoples regional dialects, like to my friend Brian I'd say "Hej", to my friend Igor I always say "Dobry dan, tavarich!" , to Ola or stig i say "Hej din gamla snok"... see?)

Stop wasting your breath.
Follow the rules, complete your name or go away.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
paperpaper
Dan Downey
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
e30

June 14, 2016 08:54AM
Womp Womp Preload too high in my BMW diff. IT was the race shop made parts that failed. but was destined to fail we think.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2016 09:07AM by paperpaper.
Pete
Pete Remner
Professional Moderator

July 11, 2016 05:15PM
Ascona73

15" rally tires and AP calipers and rotors were more than enough, and this was one of the fastest group 5 rally cars out there at the time.

I can't imagine trying to channel 250-275 hp thru slow 1st and 2nd gear corners.

Destroyed a pair of "hard" BR22s this weekend, 12.5 runs for me and 11 runs for the car owner, on gravel, maybe 45-50 seconds each. Extrapolate that to stage miles however you wish.

I dunno how much power it has but the turbo comes on like a hammer and then you knock over many cones from the gravel blast.

Pete Remner
Cleveland, Ohio

1984 RX-7 (rallycross thing)
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.
RALLYRS
Mike Ball
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Nope...I wish...RWD 2 Door Jeep XJ 4.0 5-spd Dirt-o-cross car(we have no grass!)2.3 ZX3 rallyx car(sold)

July 11, 2016 06:24PM
Well sounds like a blast ..even if you guys didn't score well....how did you do?

Yeah..I never even thought about the disadvantage of cars powering the rear wheels taking cones out with blasts of gravel...but our organizer reminded us one day to be careful about that.

One less thing for me to worry about in the Focus for the most part I suppose...not that I didn't (and don't still occasionally)lust after some rwd action as well...

................................................. .....................

Support your Local North American Rally Forum!!

While they are still around-and get the hell off Farsebook!!

We still have Specialstage & RallyAnarchy.

Post up Here:

https://rallyanarchy.com/phorum/posting.php

and here:

https://www.specialstage.com/forums/forum.php
DanielSL
Daniel
Super Moderator

Rally Car:

July 12, 2016 06:28AM
Pete; As long as its gravel doing the knock down, at least you won't be penalized. LOL.

I finally found OEM alloys that fit the GTi brakes, and allow me to install the TT brakes in the rear. This will give me the ability to run the DMack tyres on 15"'s, and have vented rotors all the way around.
Staying away from cross-drilled, to keep down the chance of cracking, but will use slotted and vented on all four corners with Hawk pads.
For now, I'm looking at the DMack DMG2 in G2H (Hard) for down here in Florida. Maybe a Medium compound, for year round usability. With it being only RX, I am thinking I will get a full season or more out of a set. Will purchase 6 for now, to include spares. They aren't that much more than using Snow tires. I think 3 for the price of 4. So I can get 6 for the cost of two sets of tires I probably would not have been happy with anyways in the long run.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

July 12, 2016 11:28AM
DanielSL
Pete; As long as its gravel doing the knock down, at least you won't be penalized. LOL.

I finally found OEM alloys that fit the GTi brakes, and allow me to install the TT brakes in the rear. This will give me the ability to run the DMack tyres on 15"'s, and have vented rotors all the way around.----vitally importand on a car getting driven a gueling 45 seconds to maybe 1m 20s

Staying away from cross-drilled, to keep down the chance of cracking in 45 seconds to one minute and maybe 20-30 sec.. but will use slotted and vented on all four corners with Hawk pads.
For now, I'm looking at the DMack DMG2 in G2H (Hard) for down here in Florida. Maybe a Medium compound, for year round usability. With it being only RX, I am thinking I will get a full season or more out of a set..if I can control the might turbo monster... Will purchase 6 for now, to include spares. They aren't that much more than using Snow tires. I think 3 for the price of 4. So I can get 6 for the cost of two sets of tires I probably would not have been happy with anyways in the long run.

Yeah I really worrry about the solid rotors on the back of my Volvo wagon when I'm driving to the Seventyleven for a pack of ciggies.. It takes about 2 minutes and I wonder if I should have taken the Cosworth 4x4 instead because it has vented.
So far thou nothing bad has happened, thank GOD!

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login