Posted by LexusFman 
LexusFman
Yengi Lado
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
I Ain't rich!!!!

Re: Whos the fanboy now????????
August 20, 2017 05:30PM
Too late I already crossed some random nuts on...I kinda need new motor mounts anyway it's good for now tho lol now I just gotta wait for the ps pump, fuel filter, and fittings to come in to be able to put this bitch back together enough so she can start
Please Login or Register to post a reply
LexusFman
Yengi Lado
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
I Ain't rich!!!!

September 01, 2017 06:23PM
What's the smartest way to go from the tank to the filter with a aftermarket in tank pump? I'm pretty sure the stock line is fucked, and autozone's parts dudes got nothin. I found info online that says the lines from the filter to the fuel rail are 5/16 or 18mm, and the fuel tank is 12mm. They had high pressure rubber hose that would work for the fuel rail, but not for the gas tank. It seems like a few people have had issues with the high pressure hose as far as longevity, so I figured I'd ask here what people use for fuel line
LexusFman
Yengi Lado
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
I Ain't rich!!!!

September 10, 2017 09:49PM
I just got some random shit online will share what I got if she doesn't blow!
Robert Culbertson
Out of this dumpster fire
Junior Moderator

September 11, 2017 10:55AM
In-tank: Submersible fuel line. 5/16in.
Fuel tank to engine compartment: Find a good used one or make one using AN flares, good lines, and some hardlines.
LexusFman
Yengi Lado
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
I Ain't rich!!!!

September 11, 2017 07:45PM
Robert Culbertson
In-tank: Submersible fuel line. 5/16in.
Fuel tank to engine compartment: Find a good used one or make one using AN flares, good lines, and some hardlines.

For the in tank stuff, the DW200 pump I got came with a little section of tubing. I think I should have almost everything covered to get Helga started assuming of course the motor isn't complete junk.
LexusFman
Yengi Lado
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
I Ain't rich!!!!

October 16, 2017 08:46PM
Fellow mentally challenged bretheren: seriously be an adult about organizing your parts and labeling bolts and stuff and when you take stuff apart. I always wondered what took these wrinkly old bastards soooooooooooooooo long to put there project cars together and what costed so much money and now I understand why.

I lost a lot of crap on this car. I need new brackets for the alternator, a little pile of bolts when I should have a lot. I mean, I'm not gonna be too too hard on myself because honestly if your judging me based on how responsible I am with my project car you can suck it dude. The thing I love about helga the most is I have my very own little turd I can do whatever I want to with no real consequenses. The haters try to make fun of her because she doesn't run, despite the amount of time I've put into her but that isn't where the value lies. I work on vehicles doing the gay crap the worlds drivers, mechanics, service managers, pretty much everyone has decided is too unprofitable and too much of a waste of time to be valueable, but it has to be done perfect because if you make a mistake you will either put people's lives in danger or cost them thousands of dollars. But everyone worthy of such responsibility has decided getting oil on themselves (ruining their appearance and hence almost entire value to human society, especially American society), mounting difficult tires, etc is beneath them. So they let a little turdlet like me do it.

I used to be mad salty about it, but I don't care anymore because I get paid and you gotta get paid so you can get laid. But I like having a car I can do stupid shit to without having some soccer mom/dismissive old white dude moan about how their crossover SUV/stupid F-250 spare-tire-under-car-turd getting fucked up by me.

I totally understand the emotions because I wouldn't want anyone to fuck my car up either, but the life of a tire technician is brutal sometimes( if you take it seriously of course. If you don't care it's the best thing in the world. Le sigh) and if I didn't have helga to work on and screw up and laugh about it I would probably go insane and start hunting anybody with a set of keys.

But if you wanted to be, you know, productive, you can avoid a lot of the headaches just by not being a retard and labeling things, reading, planning, etc. I think that stuff is really gay despite the benefits and only do them when forced because Im an idiot, but if you value those things you probably won't run into the same problems as I. Your probably really lame like Vermont Sportscar tho. They were really stupid to ignore my letter about internships. Because now they are my mortal enemies and I might be a broke idiot, but these smart rich people need their vacations and there high salaries and I can survive on ramen noodles in a car and I WONT STOP NEVER EVER EVER
#cockaroachSWAGson

From what I'm seeing, the technicians and the engineers position at the top is very safe for now. But the drivers: You better be ready for KANSEI DORIFTOx10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And keeping up once or twice won't be enough. Your gonna have to match it every single time, every single stage. Only then will I accept defeat. I can't predict the future but your only hope is if my stupidity ends my career before it starts. If I touch gravel I'm going fast Ricky bobby
Mad Matt F
Matt Follett
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Don't Laugh, the Justy is Fun!

October 16, 2017 09:18PM
Dude...

Ramen noodles come in little plastic tubs. These are great for organizing hardware.

Keep on keeping on.
LexusFman
Yengi Lado
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
I Ain't rich!!!!

October 19, 2017 05:29PM
Found all the dumb shit you can't buy cheap online I credit my previous rant on the forums just had to let it all out le sigh
LexusFman
Yengi Lado
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
I Ain't rich!!!!

December 22, 2017 08:55AM
So what types of air filters do you guys like using if you don't mind me asking? I'm going with a cone filter cuz I don't want to look for the stock airbox lol. My fanboy training says K&N or AEM.

Also, how do I determine the sizing I need? I'm pretty sure the intake is 3" from throttle body to filter but how do I figure out what other sizes I need. I know I'm kinda fapping with numbers here and it can't matter too much, but I'm separated from the car for a few days and $50 would make this like the second most expensive part I bought so might as well invest

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2017 09:15AM by LexusFman.
LexusFman
Yengi Lado
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
I Ain't rich!!!!

February 26, 2018 06:10PM
Ok you guys were right taking the motor out of this thing was such a dumb idea now I have to fuck with the stupid automatic transmission and I have no idea what I'?m doing lol. The motor wouldn't crank at all after I got done with it so I took the tranny out again and I'm trying to re seat the torque converter and so far it's a no go. The little gears inside the torque converter seem ok but idk about this input shaft do you think I can get this to seat or am I just wasting my time?
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

February 26, 2018 08:50PM
Oh lordy...you have two things to line up (normally)..don't force anything. You can turn the torque converter and at some point it should go shhhhunk! and slide on..Don't force things..

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
danster
Haggis Muncher
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
VWs (for my sins)

February 27, 2018 02:44PM
LOL. What century am I living in that people still don't know how to install a torque converter to an auto-box.
Don't they teach that shit in kindergarten class?

Buy a book they say to read and learn, or ask and listen to wise old farts that may know how shit works......Meh, let me feck it up myself, Darwinism stylée.

Disappointingly not yet a Jackass
Philippe Bellefleur
same as above
Ultra Moderator

February 27, 2018 05:52PM
You install the converter on the trans then line up the flex plate & bolt it.
ghost
Jon Waters
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
83 Celica GT && 79 RX-7

February 27, 2018 06:12PM
Dude I'm telling you. Fuck the auto tranny. You already have the bellhousing that will allow for the manual transmission. Just leave the auto tranny off, put the manual bellhousing on, then put the starter on. You still have to completely redo the brakes before you can drive it anyway. I think that auto tranny might be stuck in drive or something and thats why you cant start it. Lets just get it so we know the engine will start. I'm fairly sure I have the timing set right and the distributor installed correctly. You're just wasting time by fucking with the auto tranny right now, especially when you know for sure that its getting a manual swap soon. I mean lets look at this so far. I have had to do essentially the same thing as you for the Celica. I rebuilt the engine and everything. In its current shape the celica will be running sooner than the Volvo and there is really no reason for that. You've had the Volvo for much longer. I'm not saying that I'm better or anything, but I AM saying you are too caught up in stupid shit of "doing things the right way". Yes I understand that you want a NICE rally car, but you have the worlds nicest volvo 240 shell, with an amazingly beautiful interior and you're going to strip it anyway. Why are you so particular about having to have it running with the auto transmission? Thats like if instead of just direct wiring the fuel pump to a switch I kept fucking with the wiring harness and completely disassembled the celica to do it. FVCK THAT SHIT. That would make the celica a one-two weekends left project to a five-six weekend left project immediately. Besides, there is a reason MOST rally cars have switches for direct power to components. Because fucking ignition systems are too dumb to waste time on.

tl;dr

Lets install the manual bellhousing just so we can get the engine running and timed right. Then lets do the brakes. While we do the brakes and everything you can save up for a decent transmission for like 300 from a junkyard, a decent clutch and flywheel, and then lets SENT IT.

~ Ghost

79' RX7
83' Celica GT
04' RAV4
05' Galant GTS
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

February 28, 2018 01:24AM
danster
LOL. What century am I living in that people still don't know how to install a torque converter to an auto-box.
Don't they teach that shit in kindergarten class?

Buy a book they say to read and learn, or ask and listen to wise old farts that may know how shit works......Meh, let me feck it up myself, Darwinism stylée.

Danny my good man, dotcha know that books are elitist???

Da fuq ya reckon you could learn from a book in a few minutes that you couldn't find in several days asking on the Intra-webs???? Just a few taps on the phone, wait 3-5 days get some fawkin lame answers, wait a week more, break shit..... Far easier than getting a fawkin book, man!

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login