Advanced

Camry Alltrac - RallyX for now

Posted by jodo257 
jodo257
Pete Van Schinnen
Senior Moderator

Camry Alltrac - RallyX for now
August 20, 2017 04:00PM
Hey y'all, I'm new to the forum, I've done a bit of searching but haven't found what I'm looking for - hopefully y'all don't mind helping me out a little! I'm currently working on building some suspension for my Camry Alltrac and I've hit a bit of a block.

FYI the drivetrain is nearly identical to the Celica Alltrac (just remove the turbo, use a Camry front suspension, and you have a Camry Alltrac).

At the moment I've been competing in some RallyX events, but they do run on some relatively rough dirt tracks, so its not grass-cross. I'd like to build something semi-capable but I don't expect to be flying off of crests and landing gracefully. My plan was to get some threaded sleeves for the struts, use Bilstein cartridges made for the Celica (which I already have), and convert the upper spring perch to a standard diameter spring. I've measured motion ratios and corner weights to try and get an idea of what spring rate I want (based on a choice of natural frequency), but I haven't been able to find any info on what would be a good choice of natural frequency.

So if somebody is willing to share which frequencies they've used, or take a stab at suggesting spring rates, I'd appreciate it! I can share corner weights, motion ratios, and unsprung weight if needed, and have some time to make additional measurements too.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login