Construction Zone
Don\
Welcome! Log In Register

Advanced

Transmission cooler pump

Posted by Rallyho 
Rallyho
Mike White
Godlike Moderator
Location: Camden, Maine
Join Date: 02/20/2006
Age: Midlife Crisis
Posts: 187

Rally Car:
Saab 900 - aka-The Swedish Rally Tractor



Transmission cooler pump
February 23, 2006 10:32AM
I would like to circulate the trans/diff fluid out of my saab gearbox through a cooler. In the past I've seen folks do this with a $200ish Tilton (I think) fluid pump. Is there a cheaper way to accomplish this?

Thanks



She's screamn' fer eet!
Rallyho
Mike White
http://www.facebook.com/rallyhomotorsports
Please Login or Register to post a reply
tedm
Ted Mendham
Mega Moderator
Location: NH
Join Date: 02/17/2006
Age: Ancient
Posts: 697

Rally Car:
once upon a time drove WRX, Sentra, SAAB 99



Re: Transmission cooler pump
February 23, 2006 11:02AM
Only 25.99!
Place it within reach of the navvie.


http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/NTELargeImageView?xsell=true&rfno=7737&storeId=6970




Ted Mendham
www.rensport.net
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Rallyho
Mike White
Godlike Moderator
Location: Camden, Maine
Join Date: 02/20/2006
Age: Midlife Crisis
Posts: 187

Rally Car:
Saab 900 - aka-The Swedish Rally Tractor



Re: Transmission cooler pump
February 23, 2006 11:17AM
That's the same link you sent me when I was looking for the low-budget co-driver stomach pump. Nice find on the Dual Use device.





She's screamn' fer eet!
Rallyho
Mike White
http://www.facebook.com/rallyhomotorsports
Please Login or Register to post a reply
tedm
Ted Mendham
Mega Moderator
Location: NH
Join Date: 02/17/2006
Age: Ancient
Posts: 697

Rally Car:
once upon a time drove WRX, Sentra, SAAB 99



Re: Transmission cooler pump
February 23, 2006 12:03PM
SHUT UP AND CRANK!



Ted Mendham
www.rensport.net
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Rallyho
Mike White
Godlike Moderator
Location: Camden, Maine
Join Date: 02/20/2006
Age: Midlife Crisis
Posts: 187

Rally Car:
Saab 900 - aka-The Swedish Rally Tractor



Re: Transmission cooler pump
February 23, 2006 12:22PM
"My Fast demands more crankn' less yackity-yackn'."



She's screamn' fer eet!
Rallyho
Mike White
http://www.facebook.com/rallyhomotorsports
Please Login or Register to post a reply
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Senior Moderator
Location: Ford Asylum, Sleezattle, WA
Join Date: 12/20/2005
Age: Ancient
Posts: 13,997

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4



Re: Transmission cooler pump
February 23, 2006 12:35PM
Jesus fucking Christ Mike, I showed you the goddam pumps in the trunk of the 96 that Ola Stromberg said that they used
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Rallyho
Mike White
Godlike Moderator
Location: Camden, Maine
Join Date: 02/20/2006
Age: Midlife Crisis
Posts: 187

Rally Car:
Saab 900 - aka-The Swedish Rally Tractor



Re: Transmission cooler pump
February 23, 2006 12:58PM
Damn...you probably did but it musta dribbled out of my ear one night.
So maybe pn# 480545 here?
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/interrupterpump.php

Well, there is no freakn' ice for racing on the ponds...which is damn frustrating, but other than that Maine is going well.

I'm thinking I ought build another Swedish POS.



She's screamn' fer eet!
Rallyho
Mike White
http://www.facebook.com/rallyhomotorsports
Please Login or Register to post a reply
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Senior Moderator
Location: Ford Asylum, Sleezattle, WA
Join Date: 12/20/2005
Age: Ancient
Posts: 13,997

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4



Re: Transmission cooler pump
February 23, 2006 02:05PM

http://www.kollevold.no/images/476087e.jpg




John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.



Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2006 02:11PM by john vanlandingham.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Attachments:
open | download - 532.jpg (0 bytes)
532.jpg
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Senior Moderator
Location: Ford Asylum, Sleezattle, WA
Join Date: 12/20/2005
Age: Ancient
Posts: 13,997

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4



Re: Transmission cooler pump
February 23, 2006 02:13PM
Rallyho Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Damn...you probably did but it musta dribbled out
> of my ear one night.
> So maybe pn# 480545 here?
>
>
> Well, there is no freakn' ice for racing on the
> ponds...which is damn frustrating, but other than
> that Maine is going well.

jesus all the taxes and cold weather and they can't even arrange any fuckin ice!
>
> I'm thinking I ought build another Swedish POS.
A FRONT wheel drive POS or a RWD pos?

I just got a super nice 79 99 I've known since 1984.
>
> Rallyho
> Mike White






John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Rallyho
Mike White
Godlike Moderator
Location: Camden, Maine
Join Date: 02/20/2006
Age: Midlife Crisis
Posts: 187

Rally Car:
Saab 900 - aka-The Swedish Rally Tractor



Re: Transmission cooler pump
February 23, 2006 02:54PM
FWD POS. I've got an 84 900 shell with most of a cage in it. I'm thinking most of the stuff from the 99 can br thrown in the general direction of the car and match up good with a minimum amount of work. Probably be harder to make the cage legal than anything else.

I will want to see what my boinger/damper options are. I think the stuff from Groo's car is going on there....which I think consists of those west coast springs and some revalved Bilsteins.



She's screamn' fer eet!
Rallyho
Mike White
http://www.facebook.com/rallyhomotorsports
Please Login or Register to post a reply
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Senior Moderator
Location: Ford Asylum, Sleezattle, WA
Join Date: 12/20/2005
Age: Ancient
Posts: 13,997

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4



Re: Transmission cooler pump
February 23, 2006 03:04PM
seems pretty evident that circle track springs can be forces into service as fronts.
you HAVE to double-skin the upper mounts in front.
Consider rack travel limiters. front motor mounts will be needeed and the sheetmetarl there should sans doubte wants doubling at least.

Gp5???




John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Rallyho
Mike White
Godlike Moderator
Location: Camden, Maine
Join Date: 02/20/2006
Age: Midlife Crisis
Posts: 187

Rally Car:
Saab 900 - aka-The Swedish Rally Tractor



Re: Transmission cooler pump
February 23, 2006 03:10PM
I like the roundy round catalogs. They've got all kinds of springs that look like they'll fit the front..and weight jacker buckets, and these long stroke bilsteins.

Yeash on the double/triple walling stuff around the shock/motor mounts. I think we ended up putting angle iron on the a-arm "towers" that caught the bolt holes too...

travel limiters on the rack...as in steering rack?

Gp2 for now...cause I've got that motor with the rebushed rods/veedub plugs/etc.



She's screamn' fer eet!
Rallyho
Mike White
http://www.facebook.com/rallyhomotorsports
Please Login or Register to post a reply
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Senior Moderator
Location: Ford Asylum, Sleezattle, WA
Join Date: 12/20/2005
Age: Ancient
Posts: 13,997

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4



Re: Transmission cooler pump
February 23, 2006 03:32PM
Rallyho Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like the roundy round catalogs. They've got all
> kinds of springs that look like they'll fit the
> front..and weight jacker buckets, and these long
> stroke bilsteins.
>
> Yeash on the double/triple walling stuff around
> the shock/motor mounts. I think we ended up
> putting angle iron on the a-arm "towers" that
> caught the bolt holes too...

Get INSIDE the boxy "wheelhouse" and look where the upper bolts go thru into the little square nuts which are stuck in with dried snus on 96s and 900s.
Then go look at the hefty 3/8th inch bar spanning the 2 holes on the 99.
Do something similar. It'll look like a 3/8th inch thick alignment shim drilled and tapped to M10 x 1.5 or if you want to be classic 99, 3/8th UNC
>
> travel limiters on the rack...as in steering
> rack?
Yeah, the 900 is 2 inches longwer (if you use the 99 upper link on the rear) and yet has same turning radiius, I think they let the wheels crank over more and 900s certainly blow more outer CVs on street cars than 99s.
Ola concurred way back when.
>
> Gp2 for now...cause I've got that motor with the
> rebushed rods/veedub plugs/etc.
Didya ever get a Volvo 240 turbo fuel distributor?
>
> Rallyho
> Mike White






John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Rallyho
Mike White
Godlike Moderator
Location: Camden, Maine
Join Date: 02/20/2006
Age: Midlife Crisis
Posts: 187

Rally Car:
Saab 900 - aka-The Swedish Rally Tractor



Re: Transmission cooler pump
February 23, 2006 04:12PM
john vanlandingham Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Get INSIDE the boxy "wheelhouse" and look where
> the upper bolts go thru into the little square
> nuts which are stuck in with dried snus on 96s and
> 900s.
> Then go look at the hefty 3/8th inch bar spanning
> the 2 holes on the 99.
> Do something similar. It'll look like a 3/8th inch
> thick alignment shim drilled and tapped to M10 x
> 1.5 or if you want to be classic 99, 3/8th UNC
> >

Yup...know what you're talking about. That area is wimpy on the 900.

> > travel limiters on the rack...as in steering
> > rack?
> Yeah, the 900 is 2 inches longwer (if you use the
> 99 upper link on the rear) and yet has same
> turning radiius, I think they let the wheels crank
> over more and 900s certainly blow more outer CVs
> on street cars than 99s.
> Ola concurred way back when.

No kidding...interesting. So the 99 rear end links are shorter than the 900?

> >
> > Gp2 for now...cause I've got that motor with
> the
> > rebushed rods/veedub plugs/etc.
> Didya ever get a Volvo 240 turbo fuel
> distributor?



uhhhhh, shit...did I? I cunt remember actually. Don't think so.
> >
> > Rallyho
> > Mike White
>
>
>
>
> John Vanlandingham
> Sleezattle, WA, USA
>
> Vive le Prole-le-ralliat
>
> www.jvab.f4.ca






She's screamn' fer eet!
Rallyho
Mike White
http://www.facebook.com/rallyhomotorsports
Please Login or Register to post a reply
fiasco
Andrew Steere
Professional Moderator
Location: South Central Nude Hamster
Join Date: 12/29/2005
Age: Midlife Crisis
Posts: 1,939

Rally Car:
too rich for my blood, share a LeMons car



Re: Transmission cooler pump
February 23, 2006 06:57PM

> > > Gp2 for now...cause I've got that motor
> with
> > the
> > > rebushed rods/veedub plugs/etc.
> > Didya ever get a Volvo 240 turbo fuel
> > distributor?
>
>
>
> uhhhhh, shit...did I? I cunt remember actually.
> Don't think so.

I thought I gave you a Mercedes 380 SEL fuel distributor out of some clunker in some other friend's yard that had 8 ports or something similarly stupid to try!!!!



Andrew Steere
Lyndeborough, NH
KB1PJY
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login