NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

Re: Fuel test port for Honda
June 21, 2011 11:30AM
fliz
But I agree that it's not something that should be required for regional cars. If you're never going to make them use it, then why make them have it?

So that you can have one more potential point of failure?

Cause all the pro guys have them! Now on to ordering my balacava!
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Dazed_Driver
Banned
Super Moderator

June 21, 2011 01:36PM
NoCoast
fliz
But I agree that it's not something that should be required for regional cars. If you're never going to make them use it, then why make them have it?

So that you can have one more potential point of failure?

Cause all the pro guys have them! Now on to ordering my balacava!

Serious question, why are you so against balaclavas? I'm not really a fan of them, but a lot of guys like them as they keep the helmet a bit cleaner from the sweat... And they're not really that expensive, in the grand scheme of things.
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

June 21, 2011 03:04PM
Dazed_Driver
Serious question, why are you so against balaclavas? I'm not really a fan of them, but a lot of guys like them as they keep the helmet a bit cleaner from the sweat... And they're not really that expensive, in the grand scheme of things.

I'm not against them. I think they're funny in fact. It's really funny that they are just a glorified sweat rag. They may help protect a helmet from sweat, but they also cover more of the face resulting in even more sweat right?

I mostly find it funny that people buy that kind of safety gear but other safety gear is almost never used. I've always thought that the third best safety item after H&N and helmets is not only not required, but I have never seen anyone outside of Colorado actually wearing them. That would be arm restraints.

I think Pat Richard said he broke his wrist in a roll once because he reached up to grab the a-pillar for support and arm ended up out the window. I laughed just recently when watching video from a recent event, this year or last, where he rolled and sure enough, there goes his left arm, right up to the a-pillar as he's rolling.

They are required in our local hill climb series. They are simple and effective. Also prevents a driver for going Gigi on you if you're the codriver. Absolutely no impediment to driving or codriving.
aj_johnson
A.J. Johnson
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
88 Audi 80

June 21, 2011 03:58PM
bank robbers bandanna! I get made fun of for wearing one skiing, but, my face is never cold, my goggles dont fog, and I dont have a balaclava turning into an ice cube pressed against my face. They work great on the motorcycles and I'd imagine they'd do well in a rallycar with dust issues.
Dazed_Driver
Banned
Super Moderator

June 22, 2011 02:33AM
aj_johnson
bank robbers bandanna! I get made fun of for wearing one skiing, but, my face is never cold, my goggles dont fog, and I dont have a balaclava turning into an ice cube pressed against my face. They work great on the motorcycles and I'd imagine they'd do well in a rallycar with dust issues.

I'm wearing one for the next rally I shoot. I'm sick of blowing dust boogers for the next three days! haha
A1337STI
Alex Rademacher
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
93 GC with an 01 RS swap!

June 22, 2011 11:26AM
I'm for the turkey baster method smiling smiley
Greg Donovan
Greg Donovan
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
95 Impreza Sedan

June 22, 2011 11:40AM
Dazed_Driver
aj_johnson

I'm wearing one for the next rally I shoot. I'm sick of blowing dust boogers for the next three days! haha

but if you do that you may run the risk of becomine vitamin "D" deficient.
sackytar
Rob Sackyta
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
WRX In Progress

May 29, 2014 06:28PM
Do they still Test???????????

Rob
Devil Bat Racing
Grand Rapids Mi
Planet Earth

https://www.facebook.com/devilbatracing

http://www.robsackyta.com/
heymagic
Banned
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

May 30, 2014 10:32AM
National podium cars may be checked.
imnotcrazy
Don Kennedy
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Impreza

May 30, 2014 11:58AM
Dazed_Driver
I found with my most recent helmet and the sizing no longer coming in 1/8 like it used to, my helmet fits much better with the balaclava,

Don Kennedy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login