Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

Re: I guess I'll share with the class, ITB plenum
January 09, 2012 08:52PM
Dazed_Driver
heymagic
Dazed_Driver
Dad dug out an airbox from a suby or mitsubishi last time he was at the pull a part, it fits so well behind the right headlight, you'd think it was stock! That's what'll hold the filter, and then I'll have a little elbow connecting the two. I'll take some pictures. The guy I was supposed to be teaching right now rescheduled, so I have time!

Teaching someone? You? Does it involve small farm animals?

Coming from the guy that live in BFE.... We should be checking YOUR place for disturbed animals.

I run Seattle Photography Lessons. I teach Photography and Post Production on Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom and Apple Aperture.

Oh...Apple aperture...I knew it would be something kinky... "he, he...he said aperture "(think Butthead voice here)

Are you still doing the gutter thing...er I mean eaves drop as they say in Canadia??
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Dazed_Driver
Banned
Ultra Moderator

January 09, 2012 11:41PM
No, not really. I can run leads for my buddy if I want to, but I quit the corporate retardation awhile ago. My main sources of income now-a-days are Timm Von Derau - the photographer, and Seattle Photography Lessons.

Need something? Or just curious?

Welcome to the cult of JVL drink the koolaid or be banned.
phlat65
Sean Medcroft
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Building a Merkur

January 10, 2012 12:12AM
We do post production in our dark room! What's this Adobe you speak of? Some kind of building?
heymagic
Banned
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

January 10, 2012 12:26AM
Dazed_Driver
No, not really. I can run leads for my buddy if I want to, but I quit the corporate retardation awhile ago. My main sources of income now-a-days are Timm Von Derau - the photographer, and Seattle Photography Lessons.

Need something? Or just curious?

Curious...other than pick at your car building (or lack of winking smiley ) we haven't talked in a long time.
Dazed_Driver
Banned
Ultra Moderator

January 10, 2012 12:54AM
Ah, yeah. Been busy with lots of stuff (namely planning and starting two businesses and finishing up classes).

I'll actually be calling you soon, I have some questions about my car, so, be ready! haha

But yeah, I quite GutterMaxx in July I think it was, as corporate has their head up there ass. I had a 29.5 percent closing average, most deals on the board, and they were mad because I didn't have enough cancellations. I had one.

Note the "NOT ENOUGH" part. WTF? They want me to push harder? No thanks, happily in the front of the pack, not about to turn into uber douche salesman. I'll stick with helping people solve their problems in the most cost effective way, not trying to sell them shit they dont need.

heymagic
Banned
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

January 10, 2012 10:24AM
It's pretty amazing how much mid-guided pressure is in the sales world. Anything from the poor clerk at Target being forced to pedal corporate credit cards , the clerk at Sears selling extended warranties on hose clamps, the bank teller who is required to look at your personal acct screen and upsell products , all while trying to do their actual job in an accurate and timely fashion. Yup, much corporate thinking sucks big time.
Dazed_Driver
Banned
Ultra Moderator

January 11, 2012 12:35AM
Yeah, it was stupid.

Updates!

So the filter lives in that round box, and while there is a hole in the center of the lid, I'm thinking about moving the elbow to the edge of the lid so the bend isn't sooo ridiculous. It's really tight and I'm trying to not have to get a new airbox. I'll get more pics up one I feel motivated to actually manually upload things vs using facebook. My phone decided it no longer wanted to take pictures today... So I can't just quickly upload them, haha.

Steve, I checked out that part number, those look perfect for both the fuel cell and this! Thanks!

heymagic
Banned
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

January 11, 2012 10:32AM
Not much room for flex. Could you reverse the flow of the cleaner? Come out of the side, up the inner fender and over into the center to the air box? Have the inlet just bend down 90* behind the radiator.
Ascona73
Bob Legere
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
1971 Opel Ascona

January 11, 2012 12:41PM
Very shortly I will be building an air box for twin Weber DCOE's for a buddy of mine. I decided that due to underhood space restrictions I am just going to use a foam panel filter in lieu of a remote filter. Essentially half the airbox will be an air filter.

I got me some medium and fine Uni flat foam filtration material, and some stainless mesh to help hold its' shape. About $40 worth of material, and lots of surface area.

Opel is a 4-letter word...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10498579@N07/sets/
Do It Sidewayz
Chris Martin
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
E-85 powered Impreza

January 11, 2012 01:26PM
Why not just like this?

looks way more bitching.

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2012 01:26PM by Do It Sidewayz.
MeCalledEvan
Evan Horner
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
1983 Mazda RX7 GSL

January 12, 2012 12:51PM
You wouldn't happen to be able to dig up that college dissertation on WRC airboxes would you? I would love to take a look at it.

"The more I learn, the more I realize I don't know and have so much more to learn." - Claude Rouelle, Optimum G lecture June, 2011
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login