Posted by wvonkessler 
wvonkessler
Wilson von Kessler
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Colts are in Finland; now '87 325i, '89 325i

Impreza top mount dimensions please!
June 25, 2007 02:33PM
I'm trying to see whether these will fit the Colt's tower and the current hole for the stock bearing.

If someone could give me the overall size, bolt placement, and the diameter of the round protruding portion, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Wilson

"Talk about drugs. Driving a car like that, going that fast, it’s like all the drugs at once." - Tommy Byrne

"Now, Pinky, if by any chance you are captured during this mission, remember you are Gunther Heindriksen from Appenzell. You moved to Grindelwald to drive the cog train to Murren. Can you repeat that?" - The Brain
Please Login or Register to post a reply
fliz
Chad Eixenberger
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1988 VW Golf #687

Re: Impreza top mount dimensions please!
June 25, 2007 07:07PM
The hole in the Subaru chassis is 4.2" diameter. Looks to be ~.05" clearance on it. It's tough to measure because the top is angled.

The bolts are in a perfect triangle, 4.75" between each bolt.

I can't get overall size, because it's on the car...but the aftermarket camber plate I have laying around is round and just over 6" diameter.

Also, if you go with an adjustable plate, you can shrink the size of the center hole to under 3.5".

BTW...this is for the front mounts. Rears are under the seat and they have an integrated spring perch anyways.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2007 07:08PM by fliz.
wvonkessler
Wilson von Kessler
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:

June 26, 2007 07:47AM
Thanks for the info!

"Talk about drugs. Driving a car like that, going that fast, it’s like all the drugs at once." - Tommy Byrne

"Now, Pinky, if by any chance you are captured during this mission, remember you are Gunther Heindriksen from Appenzell. You moved to Grindelwald to drive the cog train to Murren. Can you repeat that?" - The Brain
wvonkessler
Wilson von Kessler
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:

June 26, 2007 08:15PM
Alas too large for the wee hole and tower that we have.

Thanks,

Wilson

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login