Construction Zone
Don\
Welcome! Log In Register

Advanced

Lets see how much flack I can crank up with this, now with 50% more cylinders!!!

Posted by mellow65 
aj_johnson
A.J. Johnson
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
88 Audi 80

Re: Lets see how much flack I can crank up with this, now with 50% more cylinders!!!
October 29, 2013 01:38PM
Ascona73
If you need any tips on the EG33 engine, ask away. I've had the heads on my flowbench and we built one for NASA road racing that made 352 whp in a 2.5 RS chassis (AWD).

They like exhaust flow. A LOT. The heads have restrictive exhaust ports and small exhaust cams. Equal length headers and a single large exhaust really wakes it up.

They have cooling issues, but primarily at higher rpms. Keep it below 6500 and all is well. We were twisting 8200 rpms with some big-lift welded cams. The heads LOVE high valve lift. Just increasing the lift to .450" gained 40 cfm (@ 10"winking smiley of airflow on the intake ports. But we had to grind the underside of the cam covers to clear the lobes, LOL.....

HMMMM..... Could you fit one in an E30 bmw?
Please Login or Register to post a reply
mellow65
Oliver Klozoff
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Nada

Re: Lets see how much flack I can crank up with this, now with 50% more cylinders!!!
October 29, 2013 01:47PM
Hell i'm making one fit in a RX-7, anything can be done. smiling smiley

"Rally racing makes a heroin addiction look like a vague craving for something salty"
aj_johnson
A.J. Johnson
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
88 Audi 80

October 29, 2013 02:28PM
If bobs willing to share publicly I like reading moyor talk
heymagic
Banned
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

October 29, 2013 08:21PM
OMG !! That Impreza is freaking awesome. I stand corrected on a Sube sounding good, it sounds simply amazing.

Keep going Matt, you rock kid . Did I ever tell you about the time I dropped a Ford 460 in a Hudson Hornet or a Ford 5.0 in a 51 Plymouth?? L16 in a LUV truck? 13B in a 626??? You're a hero and even Ferris would agree.
mellow65
Oliver Klozoff
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Nada

October 29, 2013 08:42PM
Thanks Gene, that means a lot. smiling smiley

And I'll fully admit that video was a huge part of this swap. I just want to control that sound with my right foot!

"Rally racing makes a heroin addiction look like a vague craving for something salty"
biggreen96
Chris Caylor
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Old Legacy- not very stock.

November 28, 2013 02:45PM
I listen to this video quite a lot. It's great motivation. Matt I'm stoked that you're putting this in your RX7! You will love it!
And for all that are wondering.. The next Legacy is just about ready for paint. Cage has been grafted from the old one I wrecked at Hood. It's taken a long time, my Ulcerative Collitis has FOR REAL tried to kill me and my cashflow a couple times. Ugh. BUT! The fact remains this car will ride again!

Brap Brap.
mellow65
Oliver Klozoff
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Nada

November 29, 2013 12:33PM
I'm looking forward to it for sure! School is currently trying to kill me. So I rarely get to go work on it right now. But I'm hoping to get some shop time over christmas break. I also sourced a full car, so that's plan number one is strip that bad boy down to it's birthday suit.

mellow65
Oliver Klozoff
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Nada

December 24, 2013 08:58PM
Well now, look at what I finally was able to drag home and start parting out so I can get to that big sexy flat 6.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login