Posted by czwalga 
czwalga
steve czwalga
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
95 awd celica

Which rotors to use?
March 25, 2014 02:38PM
I have impreza rs brakes. Porterfield R4 pads. I don't really want to break the bank on rotors; but I've never used a 'racing' pad, so i'm not sure how stockish rotors will handle those pads?

Will stock'ish ones work or will they overheat and warp? My last car I just used stock brakes, stock'ish pads, which I really didn't think were all too bad. So i'm really just ignorant on the subject.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
mke723
Mike Lindenfelser
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
1995 Impreza L

Re: Which rotors to use?
March 25, 2014 05:04PM
if i remember correctly the fronts are vented and rears are not on a stock RS, the rears are a bit more prone to warp, but it depends on how hard/ often your stopping, it may be incorrdct info, but i have always heard that hard stopping, followed by a lengthy stop where the pads are held to the rotor will cause warping to occur.

as for impact on the bank account.. i look at pads and rotors as a wear item, so cheap stock blank rotors for $15-$20 that may only last 1-2 races is a better choice for my wallet, than hoping to get 20 races from a $300 rotor.

http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/1998/subaru/impreza/brake/brake_rotor.html

I be sorry as a muthafucka I did, still sorry I did n' hustled ta peep what tha fuck I holla'd a lil' bit better, or at least try to.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login