Construction Zone
Don\
Welcome! Log In Register

Advanced

Current projects and custom parts work... XR related...

Posted by NoCoast 
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

Current projects and custom parts work... XR related...
October 09, 2007 01:32PM
So, one thing that is always pressing is the need to be able to adjust the rear suspension settings. Anyone ever seen anything off the shelf that resembles the lower part of the attached picture that connects the rod end to the trailing arm? It's not a hugely complicated piece by any means and we can make them on computer and we can have them produced on a mill and lathe, but if it's a part I can buy, that is preferred.

Getting ready to order some wheels from the UK. I have a plethora of Compomotive wheels and they fit fine in the rear, but with coilovers, the offset needs to be smaller. For gravel, I have 6 - 15 X 7 et 35 (5.3" backspacing) Compomotive MO wheels. They require a 1" spacer in the front to clear the spring seat. The solution I have come up with is to keep the 15 X 7 et 35 wheels and run a 170 tread width tire in the rear. In the front will go a 15 X 6 et 25 (4.4" backspacing) MO wheel with a 160 tread width tire. So those are what I am getting ready to order. These will clear the JVAB brake kit as well as any future brake kits that come to market for gravel use.

PM or email me if you want to order any of them. Wheels are looking to be around $275 per wheel. Also looking at possibly doing the fronts with Team Dynamics wheels since they are $100 less per wheel.

Grant Hughes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2007 01:32PM by NoCoast.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

Re: Current projects and custom parts work... XR related...
October 09, 2007 01:32PM
Forgot picture...

Grant Hughes
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Attachments:
open | download - Mikesrearbeam2.jpg (71.2 KB)
Mikesrearbeam2.jpg
open | download - adjustablerear.jpg (15.3 KB)
adjustablerear.jpg
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login