спасибо

OK what's gnu?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Thomas Kimsey
Thomas Kimsey
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1988 XRatty

Re: XR Build Thread
September 17, 2014 02:05PM
john vanlandingham
Thomas Kimsey
john vanlandingham

да товарища

That is: Da, tavarich.

спасибо

OK what's gnu?

I will give you a call on my way home from work today.
Thomas Kimsey
Thomas Kimsey
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1988 XRatty

September 17, 2014 07:42PM
Tried calling, no answer. Ill try again tomorrow.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

September 17, 2014 07:54PM
Thomas Kimsey
Tried calling, no answer. Ill try again tomorrow.

Had to run out, back but running out again, Try in 35 minutes.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Thomas Kimsey
Thomas Kimsey
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1988 XRatty

September 26, 2014 10:04AM
John, you have a chance to look up the spherical bearings? Your computer any better?
Thomas Kimsey
Thomas Kimsey
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1988 XRatty

December 15, 2014 07:51PM
99% finished with my Masters degree. Writing a thesis took up a lot of my time for a while but I managed to do a few events with the car. Starting a full time job in the beginning of January and should be able to fund some well needed cooling upgrades for the car as well as getting some brakes that work. Tiny front disks and HUGE rear drums are getting a bit old.

With 5 events with the car this season there have been zero issues with the car that weren't my fault (Had CV bolts back out on me while driving to an event).

fiasco
Andrew Steere
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
too rich for my blood, share a LeMons car

December 15, 2014 08:29PM
Tom--

I know JVAB loves his SAAB radiators, and we have one in our spares pile for the Lemons car…but I would also investigate the merkurdepot.com radiators and Summit/Jegs/etc. for what they have that can me made to work.

We ended up with some Summit rad for the Lemons car. The OEM rad in the car probably had so much iron oxide in its brass innards that it gave me an extra $10 in value when I cut the end tanks and hauled it to Schnitzers. I think I got $17 in scrap for it!

I probably should get back on the NER mailing list and go hammer my poor Legassy at a dirt-o-cross sometime soon. If I can trace out the damn no charging problem on the car.

Andrew Steere
Lyndeborough, NH
KB1PJY
Thomas Kimsey
Thomas Kimsey
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1988 XRatty

December 15, 2014 08:33PM
fiasco
Tom--

I know JVAB loves his SAAB radiators, and we have one in our spares pile for the Lemons car…but I would also investigate the merkurdepot.com radiators and Summit/Jegs/etc. for what they have that can me made to work.

We ended up with some Summit rad for the Lemons car. The OEM rad in the car probably had so much iron oxide in its brass innards that it gave me an extra $10 in value when I cut the end tanks and hauled it to Schnitzers. I think I got $17 in scrap for it!

I probably should get back on the NER mailing list and go hammer my poor Legassy at a dirt-o-cross sometime soon. If I can trace out the damn no charging problem on the car.

I have a 900 radiator in the garage waiting to go in. Once the Saab is buttoned up ill get to putting all that in.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

December 15, 2014 08:36PM
Thomas Kimsey
99% finished with my Masters degree. Writing a thesis took up a lot of my time for a while but I managed to do a few events with the car. Starting a full time job in the beginning of January and should be able to fund some well needed cooling upgrades for the car as well as getting some brakes that work. Tiny front disks and HUGE rear drums are getting a bit old.

With 5 events with the car this season there have been zero issues with the car that weren't my fault (Had CV bolts back out on me while driving to an event).

Thomas, dun know if'n you got the message but Xratties/Sierras are terrible...
They have "no forward grip. And the only reason they did anything was thanks to the powerful motor".. true story, brah

So sell that pile and buy a E36 M3, only $5000-12,000. Alternate diffs are only $1999...Gearsets for the low low price of $17,000...good short ring and pinions like you'd waste $185 for to get a shitty Toyota one are only $4K.

Act now.
Operators are standing by.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Thomas Kimsey
Thomas Kimsey
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1988 XRatty

December 15, 2014 08:59PM
john vanlandingham

They have "no forward grip. And the only reason they did anything was thanks to the powerful motor".. true story, brah

So sell that pile and buy a E36 M3, only $5000-12,000. Alternate diffs are only $1999...Gearsets for the low low price of $17,000...good short ring and pinions like you'd waste $185 for to get a shitty Toyota one are only $4K.

Act now.
Operators are standing by.

Never got the memo. Damn, wish someone had told me earlier. And to think all this fun I have been having with good strong parts and a fun car for very cheap has been wasted. Guess I should sell the car right now as I will never win a WRC seat with it.

Fact of the matter is that I don't care if I have the most competitive car because I am not able to drive the car to its fullest ability. What I am doing is having a lot of fun in a car that fits my budget. If money wasn't in the equation and given the chance, sure I would drive a E36 M3. Would I have one over a XR, don't know, haven't driven one.
fiasco
Andrew Steere
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
too rich for my blood, share a LeMons car

December 15, 2014 09:53PM
I'll give you $777 for the XR4 right now. My kids might be pissed that I raided their college funds, but whatfuckingever.

Andrew Steere
Lyndeborough, NH
KB1PJY
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

December 15, 2014 10:55PM
john vanlandingham
Thomas Kimsey

Bmw 2-5 with the readily available 4.1 is geared better than a t-5. But this isn't yet another Bmw vs. JVAB discussion...
Thomas - I now have the ability to replicate my Wilwood big brake kit in rear and can point you in right direction. I will have front options as well, may have my Jvab wilwood takeoff kit for sale in future as well.
Oh. Congrats on your master's! I took seven years to finish mine. Left workforce for full self employment a few months later but that degree will almost always mean a job. At least one revruitment s month...

Grant Hughes
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

December 15, 2014 11:45PM
NoCoast
john vanlandingham
Thomas Kimsey

Bmw 2-5 with the readily available 4.1 is geared better than a t-5. But this isn't yet another Bmw vs. JVAB discussion...
Thomas - I now have the ability to replicate my Wilwood big brake kit in rear and can point you in right direction. I will have front options as well, may have my Jvab wilwood takeoff kit for sale in future as well.
Oh. Congrats on your master's! I took seven years to finish mine. Left workforce for full self employment a few months later but that degree will almost always mean a job. At least one revruitment s month...

Grant you are full of shit...You simply don't understand and are talking shiit..
You are all gung ho on the BMW band wagon but that doesn't mean their obvious reverse way of doing their gearsets FOR THEIR obvious reasons is stupid for what WE do in rally..
And no amount of bullshit rationalizations is going to change what the numbers--and experience shows so obviously to any with any real experience.
Stop. You embarrass yourself.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
buerckner
Andrew Buerckner
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Daihatsu Charade GTti DOHC Turbo, and Mazda MX-5(miata) Turbo(bent)

December 16, 2014 01:21AM
fiasco
I'll give you $777 for the XR4 right now. My kids might be pissed that I raided their college funds, but whatfuckingever.

SOLD!..... note, I may or may not actually own said XR4 smiling smiley
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

December 16, 2014 08:45AM
john vanlandingham
Grant you are full of shit...You simply don't understand and are talking shiit..
You are all gung ho on the BMW band wagon but that doesn't mean their obvious reverse way of doing their gearsets FOR THEIR obvious reasons is stupid for what WE do in rally..
And no amount of bullshit rationalizations is going to change what the numbers--and experience shows so obviously to any with any real experience.
Stop. You embarrass yourself.

Kettle meet pot.
I am 98% certain that I am the ONLY one on here that has driven both a nice spec Merkur and a nice spec BMW. Well, and probably Sean and Derik. They are both nice and both have their benefits.
You can't call me full of shit right after you say $4k ring and pinions and $17k gearboxes. Drenth DG400 is around 6000 euros. Not sure what the Samanosas is selling for, but doubt it's $17k. That's PPG sequential six speed STI range, not RWD range.
And $4k for a ring and pinion. Give me a fucking break. You are full of shit. Yeah, there's a 4.56 that some people sell for $1500-2000, but EXPERIENCE with these cars tells us that is not the right gearing and something around 4.10 is sufficient. But anything up to a 4.27 is easily found for $100 or less.

Grant Hughes
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login