Posted by irishfire 
irishfire
Alex Dahlman
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
83 Rabbit 16V

WTB: Rally Car
September 22, 2014 05:45PM
So some of you may remember the whole fiasco I had with my old rally car. Cage built, court, dickhead cage builder, didn't meet any requirements, ruined the car. Since then I have sold the Rabbit and looking for a built or nearly complete car. Doesn't have to be log booked but would be nice if it was. Prefer FWD or AWD, class doesn't matter.

I live in Denver now and would love for another car. Message me on here or text me 208-481-1028 if you have something for sale.

Thanks
Please Login or Register to post a reply
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Re: WTB: Rally Car
September 22, 2014 06:10PM
irishfire
So some of you may remember the whole fiasco I had with my old rally car. Cage built, court, dickhead cage builder, didn't meet any requirements, ruined the car. Since then I have sold the Rabbit and looking for a built or nearly complete car. Doesn't have to be log booked but would be nice if it was. Prefer FWD or AWD, class doesn't matter.

I live in Denver now and would love for another car. Message me on here or text me 208-481-1028 if you have something for sale.

Thanks

What's your price range?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

September 22, 2014 08:41PM
Alex - There's some options around here depending on your budget. Willing to pick up abandoned but good projects? There is one pretty high spec Golf that just needs some reassembly. Or at least one possible Open Light car.
Where you at in Denver? You should come by Rally.Build one of these days. Tuesday night or Saturday days are usually best for a fun work day with multiple rallyists around.

Grant Hughes
irishfire
Alex Dahlman
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
83 Rabbit 16V

September 23, 2014 11:33AM
NoCoast
Alex - There's some options around here depending on your budget. Willing to pick up abandoned but good projects? There is one pretty high spec Golf that just needs some reassembly. Or at least one possible Open Light car.
Where you at in Denver? You should come by Rally.Build one of these days. Tuesday night or Saturday days are usually best for a fun work day with multiple rallyists around.
I'll be stopping by tonight around 5 after work if that works. Sorry for bailing the other times we talked, I was in the process of still moving here haha.

john vanlandingham
irishfire

Thanks

What's your price range?
John,

I'm looking for cheap price range. Under 3k would be nice, but it all just depends on the car and the shape it's in. I don't mind putting work into it and my money, its just capital up front is sometimes hard to come by.
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

September 25, 2014 03:07AM
irishfire
I'll be stopping by tonight around 5 after work if that works. Sorry for bailing the other times we talked, I was in the process of still moving here haha.

I was tied up at the hospital yesterday for the most part. That whole breeding thing. New baby decided to come yesterday morning. Nearly born in the car on Colfax. Born within like 20 minutes of getting to the hospital. smiling smiley Though I did still come out for about an hour to do some work at the lab conveniently across the parking lot. Where I am now at working for the last five hours trying to get us a little caught up.
What side of town you living and working in?

Grant Hughes
irishfire
Alex Dahlman
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
83 Rabbit 16V

September 25, 2014 09:57AM
NoCoast
irishfire

I was tied up at the hospital yesterday for the most part. That whole breeding thing. New baby decided to come yesterday morning. Nearly born in the car on Colfax. Born within like 20 minutes of getting to the hospital. smiling smiley Though I did still come out for about an hour to do some work at the lab conveniently across the parking lot. Where I am now at working for the last five hours trying to get us a little caught up.
What side of town you living and working in?

Hey Congrats on the new little helper!! You definitely don't want a baby on Colfax Ave, you would have to arm it right off the get go.

I work pretty close to your shop on 5th and Wadsworth so its like a 5 min drive. And live in Englewood near Federal and Belleview.

Whats the word on the golf?
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

September 25, 2014 04:11PM
Nice! Yeah, that's like five minutes to the shop!
Here's the Golf:
http://www.specialstage.com/forums/showthread.php?67378-MKII-VW-gp2-motivated-to-sell

Grant Hughes
Redeemd
Godlike Moderator

October 07, 2014 11:10AM
I have a 1969 VW beetle SCCA Pro Rally car "retired" for sale. It has a full cage approved by SCCA (just sold the Halda trip odo on Ebay). Dual Webber 1835cc engine with close ratio 3rd and 4th gears for making power in high gears.

Will take $3,000.00 cash. Located in Adair, Oklahoma. Here are a few photos. The car is a steal at the price with chopped top, full SCCA approved cage, dual webber engine (needs repairs), close ratio transaxle.

*** The car is clean Oklahoma titled and currently tagged into 2015. ***

This car was campaigned throughout the mid 1980's and has been stored in my barn since retired. The car was trailered to events and therefore does not have a lot of miles on the stuff that matters.

Email is hard for me to keep up with so here is my phone:

Richard Gifford 918-693-6853

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2014 11:26AM by Redeemd.
Attachments:
open | download - Agent Orange.JPG (84 KB)
Agent Orange.JPG
open | download - retired veteran.JPG (70.5 KB)
retired veteran.JPG
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login